To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter to appeal a wrongful termination of my employment with Camping World on February 27, 2013. I was terminated because my manager says I was a no call no show for work on Monday February 25, 2013. I had a legal court summons to appear for court in another state that I had to attend to and notify my manager Damian Schafer of this prior to me leaving.

To provide you with more detail I have been working for Camping World in Dover, Florida since December of 2012. I have never worked in the RV industry but I AMA very fast learning and caught on to this very quick. I built a strong relationship with customers and the employees at this location. At the end of December I had a family emergency that kept me out of work due to the nature of events that were taking place. My wife communicated with the General Manager Tim Joslin and also the Service Manger Damian Schafer to keep this updated of my situation. They both agreed that when I came back they would find a place for me with the company. When I was able to return I was given a job back with Camping World working in the parts department until another opportunity opened up that I was more qualified for. Now with this being said I am sure you can agree that I must have been a great employee to be offered a job back after being with the company for a short period of time. Prior to me leaving for my February 25th court date I spoke with Damian Schaefer and let him know the days that I would not be there so he did not get concerned if he did not see me there. I have always made Damian aware anytime I was leaving or coming to work. Prior to me leaving for this court date on February 25th,I had a court date on February 6, 2013 that I had told Damian about and at that time I also informed him that I had would be leaving on the 25th. I have known about the courts dates prior to me being reemployed. The day of me leaving I called a total of 5 times and left a voice message for my direct manager Carl which is the parts manager. I also called and asked for several different people to try and speak with. I was trying to call to make sure one that they remember I would be out of town and two that I would be back a day later than I had planned. I wanted to call to make sure this would be okay. I made several attempts and left messages. On February 26th I received a voicemail from Damian asking me to call him as soon as humanly possible. I made several attempts to call him and he finally answered and said he would call me back in the morning. The following morning I went into work at 7:30 am to talk to Damian and at this he told me that my employment was being terminated for no call/ no show. He told me that he was not aware that I was leaving. I asked him if he had forgotten that I told him that I was leaving and he said " I thought you had court of Saturday and that there was people in the office when you told me and I was not really paying attention because I had a lot going on." He also said that he had made tried to call me about fifteen times and left several messages. I explained to him that I only received the one phone call and message from him and no one else. He mentioned that the General Manager and the Service Director had asked about me to speak with me about a new opportunity in the company on Monday. He stated that because he did not hear from me that he had terminated my employment on Monday morning which was the day I was summons to appear in court. I have no history of ever being late for work or not showing up for work. I have never been written up for any reason while employed at Camping World. He told me that it was the General Managers decision. When I was leaving I saw the correct General Manager Glen and asked him if I could speak with him. I told him that I had just spoken with Damian and he told me I was terminated. He was not aware of what was going on and said he would speak with me. He went and talked to Damian to find out what was going on which demonstrated to me that he was not aware or had taken part of any decision to terminate me prior to our conversation. I am not sure of the conversation that he had with Damian because it was in private for about 10-15 minutes. When he was able to speak with me he brought Damian in the office and repeated what Damian had said. Glen would not listen to the facts that I had and I tried to show him my phone which has the records of my phone calls and text messages. I also had called my cell phone provider and they have no record of calls coming from Camping World on the days Damian states he attempted to contact me. All of these things are facts which can not be made up and would have demonstrated I had given accountability for my absence. I have tried to contact human resources and have not received a call back. I have left several messages with Tess Beckmann (303-728-7440) she said she would help me but she has yet to return my call.

I believe that someone should over turn this wrongful termination of my employment and reinstate my back to my job. I am 33 years old married Christian and trying the best I can to support my wife and two kids. My wife is also 3 months pregnant. The termination of my employment has effected my family greatly. We were scheduled to move into our new apartment on February 28th but because of my termination they are no able to consider our lease due to the lack of income. My wife is a waitress at a restaurant so her income is not a lot. We do not have family in Florida so we have been sleeping in the car and staying at homeless shelters until I am able to find us a place to live with the little income that we have now. I have pawned all my valuable positions just to be able to provide food for my family. I believe giving reinstated me to my job you gain a valuable asset to your company. I have over 10 years of Management experience and I am a Army Veteran.

I really hope that someone will try to get in contact with me regarding this situation. I am forwarding this letter to the following people in hopes that I get a response, Marcus Lemonis, Rick Matar, Mark Gilman, Libby Simon, Thomas F. Wolfe, Steve Adams, Sue Bray. I am also posting this letter on every website available that pertains to Camping World to let the world see how good employees are treated. I am also sending this letter to NAACP, the Veterans Association, Florida EEOC,and every local news station in hopes that someone will hear my concerns.

Please contact me at 813-846-2378 or email ahawkins1979@gmail.com

Best Regards

Aaron I Hawkins

Review about: Camping World Manager.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

why would you even consider going back to work for such uncaring,back stabbing company? I know when I was let go in their sell out of detail,I wanted to work some where else in the company but I wasn't given the option (go to work with these new people or you don't have a job). but I thought about it and the great benefits aren't worth the way they treat employees and customers.

Lillehammer, Oppland, Norway #618087

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz