1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

We purchased a brand new camper in Sept 2017. The store was closing and we were pushed into making a decision as they needed to close up for the day. I called the next day to them we felt like we were rushed and pushed into something that we did not have the time to think about. We had not signed any legal paperwork yet but did put money down. The credit manager told me they would take us to court if we failed to finish the purchase. We were then told that we could have 4 weeks before we needed to pick up the new camper but we needed to complete the sale paperwork. Once we arrived and explained the situation they gave us a $50 rug for compensation of the issues and told us the camper needed to be picked up with in 7 days.

The General Manager was called and e-mailed multiple times and refused to speak with us even when we were in the store completing our paperwork.

The day we went to pick up the camper we noticed it had hail damage and it was a brand new one. They told us they did not have another one on the lot and they would work something out with us. We found a ton of other items that needed repair but we already had a trip planned. They told us to come back with the camper and they would resolve the issues.

We brought the camper back with a long list of items including the water lines under the sink had been leaking and have now damaged the cabinets, the stairs had pulled away from the bunks, the couch needed repair, screws falling out, staples not in all the way etc. They had our camper for 2 months trying to make the repairs and then we got a call that they backed another camper into ours and they would have to now fix the outside of the camper as well. They tried to fix it and it looked like a 2 year old did the job. Now it sits again waiting for new parts and repair. Each time we went to Camping World to check on the repairs we would end up with the list only being partially completed.

We finally got a conference call with the GM and Service Manager. We explained that they can just give us a different camper since they now had more on the lot and we would call it good or they should give us money back as we also had to pay for storage to secure a spot and in all reality our camper sat at their store waiting on them all winter. Then they actually told us we should be lucky they are not charging us for storage. Are you kidding me?!

The GM told us that they would give us a $200 gift card to use in their store and in return we would not be able to talk negatively about Camping World and we would void our warranty with them for good, even though we purchased an $8k extended warranty. But yet they would not refund us the money we spent on that warranty, just cancel it out. He threatened to take us to court if we reached out to the BBB or the Attorney Generals Office and we would not have a leg to stand on as he gave us an offer.

Needless to say, we told them to keep the $200 and we would never be back to do business or tell anyone to do business with them.

Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else. I know there are issues with a lot of places but this tops them all. I just pray we do not have any further issues with our camper as I don't want to have to deal with them again.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Service techs personality.

I didn't like: General manager.

Comments