2.2
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

October of 2017 went into Camping World of Memphis with my husband, brother and his wife. We were each looking to purchase new campers. Andrew Jacuzzi and Marcus showed us campers they listened to our request and budget ranges and proceeded to lead the way. We looked at almost every travel trailer on lot to be sure we got what we wanted after making choice we each went in to start financing.

This is where the fun starts 1st we had a 2009 Puma for trade with site unseen we was told they would trade for $7,000.00 + $500.00 cash and it would take a couple days to know about financing this was told after 3 hours of waiting and thinking we was leaving with new camper. Anytime we wanted to know what was going on with financing we had to call and ask they always say they will follow up but they DON'T!!

On Friday called CW and told them we was taking business elsewhere then all of a sudden we was Finally approved and told to be there at 3pm with trade to sign and take camper home. Arrived at 3:30pm, immediately started moving items from old to new, 2-3 men came to inspect old camper. My husband and I was then called out and told our camper was in horrible condition and value of trade was only $500!! I was floored. I know camper needed minor repairs or updates but it was rarely even used so then begins money battle I was ready to walk out but husband wanted new camper so after hour or so of debating and a total of $5,000.00 cash down payment we was able to purchase new camper.

Now comes the walk through inspection everything appeared to be working great until pop outs (3) was not retracting correctly. Please understand this is a brand new camper. We was told we could go ahead and take it and when we bring back in for 90 day inspection they could fix it.

Camper was dropped off on Dec. 7th for scheduled maintenance and other issues with camper: loose kitchen faucet, water leaking around shower unit, soft spot in floor, no heat in back bunk, hole in wall in back bunk, Popouts and outdoor kitchen door not properly closing. Dennis Ising took our service complaint and assured us all would be fixed properly and in a timely manner.

We didn't even attempt to contact the first 30 days. Around middle of January we contacted Dennis and he said he was waiting on warranty approvals we said ok and waited. My brother who also bought new camper same week as us dropped his off as well same day for maintenance. My brother went to camping world around 1st of Feb. 2018 to pick his camper up to find that NOTHING had been repaired he was floored and we where worried same thing was happening to ours so we again spoke to Dennis and he assured us that everything was fixed other than approval for soft spot in floor. He told us he was going to contact Forrest River and see what hold up was.

Again weeks go by and no follow up I even emailed Dennis and 2 managers, David Hicks and Jeremy Douglass, on Feb. 19, NEVER got a reply. On March 5th spoke with Dennis told him we was getting inpatient it had been 3 Months why was camper not fixed he assured me ALL was done but soft spot and we could come and get camper. I told him we would be there by Saturday was told by Dennis he would pull camper around after phone call and recheck that all was done.

On Friday around 3pm called Camping World to notify we was in route to pick up camper was told by Alex they was still waiting on parts and camper not ready by this time my husband went off and said we was coming. Upon arriving camper was pulled in front Jeremy meet us outside to discuss issues we was told by Jeremy that Dennis was out that day and he was not sure why we was told it was ready and he had no answer for why camper was not repaired after 3 months and parts not even ordered. We was the 3rd complaint on Dennis that day.

On Inspection at pick up NOTHING was repaired not even popouts. Proceeded to haul away but battery was dead. Following day my husband called corporate to make formal complaint. Follow up came from David Hicks, Service Manager, at Olive Branch location. He didn't really seem to even care of all our troubles. He had endless excuses stating he was under staffed and that was reason for delays and that Forrest River took to long to approve warranty repairs.

I called Forrest River to confirm, Spoke to Kate who gave me complete breakdown. I was told it took CW 2 months to send in photos for some approvals and to date of March 14th NO photos had yet been sent to cover warranty of Popouts! and now popouts no longer under warranty and would be at cost to me. She then called back to tell me she spoke with her warranty manager told him our issues at CW and no need for photos they would approve repair to popouts.

Spoke with David on March 21st to confront him of findings again no apologizes or apparent concern just told he is under staffed and I should understand. Really!

These is by far the worst customer service ever!! Save yourself the trouble and do not buy or service anything there!!

Review about: Camping World Camper Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Service or financing department.

Comments

Yes, camping world is the worst customer service.Stop using them.