Purchased a camper from Camping World in Council Bluffs, Iowa two years ago.Basically would not let me leave without buying a maintenance contract.

They pretty much wear you down until you submit to it. They main sales pitch is that you can cancel it at anytime and get your money back. They say use your camper for a couple of trips to make sure everything is working properly and then cancel the contract. I've been trying for 2 years to cancel that contract and they won't do it.

I've sent emails, talked to the business manager, the finance manager they just keep giving you the run around. They also charge you a $1000 prep fee to basically wash your camper because that's about all they did to mine. Picked up my camper on a Friday night (was suppose to be afternoon but finance manager keep us in his office for 3 hours until we purchased maintenance contract) went camping that weekend A/C was not working right, found out condensing coil was plugged. Cleaned it out and worked properly after that.

A couple of trips later was at a place I had to use battery for light and they would not last very long. After some trouble shooting found out the battery charging side of the power inverter was not working so I had to replace the power inverter. All stuff that I think should of been checked for that $1000 prep fee I paid.

Had to take my camper back to Camping World twice to get the stuff fixed they were suppose to fix before I even picked it up.Would not recommend Camping World to anyone in a million years.

Review about: Camping World Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments