Just wanted to share a very valuable lesson learned. This is an update on my previous review posted. We have learned that the only way a warranty will be covered on your roof is that you keep receipts for purchased products needed to maintain the roof. It is not necessary to purchase their $399.00 roof maintenance service as they have been telling a lot of people. However, we did not know that we needed to be saving receipts as proof of roof maintenance. Also take pictures of your roof periodically time stamped with dates and by all means take pictures the day you do your roof maintenance. I would even probably take a video just to be on the safe side. You will need all of this information in order for your word to stick about your roof maintenance even if your roof looks immaculate.

If you purchase a Forest River product, being they own 40% of the RV industry, apparently allows them to take five times as long to get the needed parts to the locations for repair. So steer clear of Forest River products. This is the company which taught us a very valuable lesson of roof maintenance proof. They do not like to honor their product even if it is a defect as proven. Our camper was a 2016 Wildcat and we had treated the roof four different times but the glue was separating from the rubber roof product. We were told by two different service departments this was a defect and Forest River would replace the roof. Well they started fighting from the word get go but unfortunately the people selling their products would not fight back. So, understand you are purchasing a product and you were pretty much on your own if you were denied and also make sure that the words chosen to describe a defect are accurate and can be supported with pictures or video. You make sure as the consumer that you see all of this information before it is submitted no one is going to fight for you except for you. It's unfortunate that the same energy put into selling you the camper is NOT I REPEAT, NOT put in to helping you maintain the camper. Do you know why, because their handy dandy salesmen are waiting to pluck you out of the service department in your time of despair to sell you a new camper. I'm not making this up go back and read a lot of the other reviews do your research. Also, apparently all of the RV companies close two weeks for Christmas and a week for Thanksgiving so allow extra time for your RV to be in the shop during this season.

If you are an easy pushover, take someone strong with you if you are still choosing to use this company.

Camping world has nailed down a great hustle and apparently a very lucrative hustle because they continue to open stores. My only concern really are the elderly and the weak who choose to do business with them. I know there is someone's grandmother and grandpa other out there who possibly wanted to retire but cannot do you to being suckered into their scam.

I even got corporate involved. The only option Kenny Durham gave me was to return my camper with the defect roof that was not going to be replaced due to choice of words and inaccurate pictures which were sent. Which I blame part of this on myself for not checking what the service department was sending in to Forest River. Of course we checked afterwords but the damage had already been done. Forest River ran with the wear and tear comment that the young boy sent in because he could care less. To our knowledge he was fired. Not because of our ordeal but because he was always sitting around on his phone playing and half doing his job. So let me see.... do I keep a brand new camper which I feel I paid a little too much for, or do I get my old camper back with a roof that I will have to replace even though we did the maintenance and the new service guy as well as the others who looked at it 100% felt that it was a company defect. After the new service manager saw our dilemma, he sent in new pictures that clearly showed the problem unlike the previous pictures which were taken in the dark. For it to be covered by Forest River it had to show a 6 inch diameter bubble. It was only showing a 5 1/2 inch bubble.

You've been warned. If you're needing parts for your RV that you can fix then order them online or find a mom and pop shop that can help you out. If you're in Mississippi or a close state and know of an awesome place with awesome service for RVs that has ratings and people that can back it up please shoot me an email. jndcockrell@yahoo.com. We just so happen to be looking for a new future service department.

I also noticed, as I was reading through the comments, they give reviews for themselves. Now you know it's bad when you have to do this.

STAY AWAY!

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Rv Repair.

Preferred solution: Share my experience .

I didn't like: Taken advantage of.

Comments