I drove my RV to Camping World of Roanoke to get a waste pump fixed.

At the service desk, they told me if I joined the Good Sam's Club, I would receive 25% off labor and parts. They said labor was $125 an hour, gezz, so I said OK and they escorted me to the front to buy a membership. So far so good; but that was the end of good!!

The repair took 4 hours, but it was there over a month. They never returned my calls; you could say they had poor communication; but that would imply there was some communication, along the way.

Finally, I got a call and it was ready-- great. I went out to pick it up and was presented with a bill that was about 36% over the estimate. Upon examination, I saw there was no promised discount of 25% anywhere, and I had been charged about $80 for a BS supply surcharge--this was not in the original estimate either. I questioned the person, and I could tell she was very uncomfortable about the bill. She stated that the computer made the decisions about the Good Sam's discounts, not her. She was the same person that sold me the membership and offered the 25% discount to start with; I guess the computer changed its and her mind.

Exasperated, I asked for the keys and the RV. She gave me the keys and pointed down the road to a muddy unimproved grassy lot. I waded through 5 inches of mud to get the RV and initially got stuck. There was a full concrete curb I had to drive over to get out, which scrapped my undercarriage. One *** of a mess- adding insult to injury.

After I cooled off for a couple of days, I called the service manager and left detailed messages 3 times; he never returned my call. So it looks like I made 2 mistakes--using Camping World and buying that membership.

Now. I receive flyers from Camping World and Good Sam's on a regular basis; they just remind me of my horrible experience and raise my blood pressure!!!!

Never Again.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Camping World to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Camping World and camping world rv repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments