I agree with Jay L.Camping world was so grossly over priced and unwilling to negotiate.

They try to dictate what you will be paying. I had quotes from other dealers and banks with interest rates and monthly payments, so I knew my numbers before going in. Camping world failed on all levels of customer service, they want you to pay for it. They wanted us to pay for a walk through of THEIR camper once we bought it, fee of $700, and to pay for THEIR shipping fee to have THEIR product shipped to THEIR lot, so they can sell you THEIR product (another $700).

Oh, yea, they don't include a battery either, they make you pay for that, too! Any other additons will cost you, they made that crystal clear. ( They have a little binder to prove it to you). We have many friends that have travel trailers and they have all shared their experiences.

Camping world cannot even compare to the competition that is out there. Example: Our friends financed/ payed $18,000 for their travel trailer, 12 year loan, their monthly payment is $140/month, no walk through fee, no shipping fee, and the battery was included. Camping world dictated to us that it is $10/$1000 dollars, our payment would be $180/month, plus all the other add expenses through them. We went straight to a smaller local dealer that same day and got a travel trailer the same size with more amenities and upgrades for less money.

No walk through fees, no shipping fees, and they through in a battery, installations of slide out awnings, sway bar with installation, and weight distribution hitch with instillation (E2 system...top of the line) all for free (included in sticker price). We have been researching and shopping for the last few years. We are not new to camping or campers/rv's. Camping world rates at the bottom of our list.

We rarely write reviews, but we felt that it is our duty to look out for our camping community family.

Good luck!David and Christine

Review about: Camping World Customer Care.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: To share my experience with as many fellow campers as possible..

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments