2.0

My husband and I saw a TV commercial about a Camping World sale that ran from 2/15/17-2/26/17.I called the closest location and the woman confirmed that the sale was going on.

We drove 45 miles to that location, which was out of state. We looked at numerous travel trailers in a lower lot and finally called them and asked for a sales person to assist us. We were told they would send someone but that all campers that weren't sold were unlocked for us to see inside. We spent close to 1.5 hrs.

going through the available travel trailers in 2 different lots. Finally went up to main building and I let receptionist know that we had called 1.5 hrs. ago asking for assistance but no one ever came. There was only one travel trailer, a 2016 model, that we were interested in and asked for the price.

Even though this was a "new" travel trailer, we were told this particular unit had been on their lot the longest of any unit they had. Salesman gave us a price, which was their regular price, and said the price would be cheaper Fri-Sun when their sale was going on (this was on Thursday, the day before the "sale"). I told him we saw their advertisement on a local TV station that said the sale ran from 2/15-2/26. We made an offer, with changes, and while we were waiting on their response, my husband wandered the aisles, looking at their merchandise.

Several sales people passed him but never offered to help him. They made us a counter offer, without changing the price and refused to accommodate us with the changes we asked for. You would think they would be interested in selling it since the 2017 models were already on the lot. We left Camping World with a very uneasy feeling and "bad taste in our mouths." After we got home, we researched the reviews of particular travel trailer we were interested in and also Camping World reviews.

We were astounded at the negative reviews of the unit we liked and the dealership. From the reviews, this is the norm for all Camping Worlds.

And according to negative reviews, Heaven forbid if you have a problem and need the unit serviced at a later date!We are both so thankful that we walked away from this "deal!" Beware of Camping World!!

Review about: Camping World Sales Representative.

I didn't like: Whole buying experience from them, Services.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments