317 N 6th Pl, Lowell, AR 72745, USA
Resolved
2.3

Update by user Jun 05

The cancellation and refund of the extended warranty and GAP insurance was personally resolved by the General Manager of Camping world inc. There are still some issues with Camping World of NW Arkansas.

I also will note that we were told that the water system had been pressure tested and re-winterized by the dealer.

When we started up the water system in April both faucets had frozen and needed replaced. Hymer (formerly RoadTrek) paid for the faucet repair by a local dealer.

Update by user Jun 05

After contacting Camping World/ Good Sam Corporate Office and explaining the problem with Camping World of NW Arkansas the extended warranty and GAP insurance has been cancelled and moneys handled. The General Manager of Camping World was apologetic and understanding and personally expedited the process.

He listened to our complaints and did not try to make excuses and seemed to understand and agreed with our complaints. We still have some issues with NW Arkansas but are satisfied that Camping World does not promote that kind of salesmanship.

Original review posted by user Mar 15

After traveling over 250 miles wife and I were left waiting about four hours for the finance individual to furnish details. We both are elderly, I will be 80 tomorrow.

He told us that with the trade in and our credit rating that he had difficulty procuring a loan. He didn't ask us if we could add to the down payment. Anyhow he got a loan and ask us if we would like several addons not really telling us what the final cost would be. After signing many papers was I was remiss in understanding the total cost of the contract not understanding that he had inflated the price of the unit and increasing the price of the trade to make the down payment large enough for the loan.

He only gave us three possible payment options on slick paper.

I did not notice that the agreed upon trade was about $1500 greater. I was able to opt out of several of the Good Sam addons but was stuck with an excessive of over $2000 charge for paint protection for a class B!

I will eat the loss but this is not a good method of business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Customer Care.

Reason of review: Agressive sales tactics and poor explanation of cost of loan..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Rv Nightmare
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 15.

Comments

I have sent Camping World of NW Arkansas a registered letter requesting the status of the cancellation of the extended warranty and the GAP insurance March 18 and have yet to receive a reply. Interest is accruing on the loan for the $5995 extended warranty and $1894 GAP insurance. Which will need to be repaid.