1.2
Insurance Quality
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Jul 26

The company they use refuses to honor the warranty for interior protection.The cost to repair the material would be between $1997 and $2600.

We paid $1200 for the plan and they have decided to pay $1000. We can even get the full amount we paid for the lack of service. Don't buy the interior/exterior protection plan.

Keep your money and replace it yourself.You'll save money!

Original review posted by user Jul 25

Camping World uses Microtech Chemicals for their interior protection plan.I wrote a review on July 4th and here's the update.

We paid $1200 for the interior protection plan. Microtech has offered to pay $1000 towards the damages. The cost of repair is between $1997 and $2500. They insist it's out of good faith.

I just want them to repair the damage. That's what I paid for. That's not good faith, that's good business. I'm being to think the treatment itself may have caused the damage.

The Dothan CW store is trying to resolve this and I'm hoping CW will help make this right. I would definitely not buy any protection plan from a company who will not back it.

Since CW uses this company I would not be up-sold this plan.I'll let you know if CW is able to make this right.

Review about: Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Bluekc_110

Pissedconsumer asked if my issue with Camping World was resolved.This is my response:

Nope.

Camping World still sells a worthless Metrotech plan, I still came out of pocket about $500 for a plan that should have covered the damage, Camping World service is still subpar and they still up sell services the don't back. They prey on people with an emotional sale and then forget them when they need service.

All you need to do is read the other issues on your site.People need to know that this is truly a case of "buyers beware." Nothing personal, people need to be informed.

John at CW has refunded my installation fee as he promised. It is much appreciated.

Bluekc_110

So here we go!Metrotech did send us some money to replace the sofa.

It was not as much as it cost for the warranty so don't buy the protection package they refuse to honor. The Dothan store tried to install the sofa but it was so poor that we were unable to recline it and it was rubbing on the window valance. We told them we'd like to have it centered and pulled away from the wall so it would work. We left it an additional 10 days to complete.

This past Saturday we went to get it and to no ones surprise nothing had been done. They had only installed 2 screws to hold it in and those were drilled through the bottom of the slide! I took it home, installed 12 screws that didn't go through the floor, centered it, got it to recline all in 20 minutes. I was charged $150 for the installation.

They offered me a gift card but after speaking to the manager (John) he

agreed to overnight me a check for the cost of the installation.I'll once again update the review to let you know if John keeps his word.