2.5

To the Management:

Subj: COMPLAINT

I have been RV'ing since 2008 when I retired from the US Navy with over 32 years of service. I have been a Good Sam Member off and on, and since this year we will be making many RV trips, we were going to join again to be a part of a great community.

Low and behold I left Long Beach, WA after the clam festival and headed for Cliffside RV on NAS Whidbey Island. Upon lowering my landing gear on my 2008 34QRE Grand Junction, I found out that the left landing gear shear pin had failed. At the time, I new was either the pin or gear. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, and since I was an explosive ordnance disposal technician/navy diver during my Navy days, it wasn't hard to diagnose on my own.

I went to Camping World this morning to see if they could fit me in, as I wanted to get back to my reserved spot on NAS Whidbey Island. Everything went smooth as can be, the service desk charged me $38.70 for the technician to look at it and tell me what I already knew. The R&R was to be $258.00 for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours work. OK, no problem at this point.

I left the RV, came back after it was ready and paid. WOW!!! this is why I am writing this COMPLAINT.

Usually if a company charges to do diagnostic work it is absorbed in the total repair cost if one chooses to complete the repair. NO, not at Camping World in Burlington, WA. They charged me $38.70 to tell me in approximately one minute what I already knew.

Why am I writing Good Sam this COMPLAINT? Because I was furious at the time, and I asked them to refund my membership fee and they told me they could not as they didn't have the means. "You got to be kidding me". They told me that Good Sam had bought out or merged.

Is this right? Are you affiliated with a bunch of crooks?

Say it's not so, because I have never had a problem with Good Sam Club, and all my friends and family have not either.

If you have merged or bought out Camping World, then I would expect you would send their management to an ethics seminar or change their working/business values.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with people and stated that there is a room for improvement of diagnostic fee. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of diagnostic work and associated monetary loss in the amount of $39. Camping World needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned diagnostic work in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Camping world is a business of thieves . Do whatever it takes to Get your money. Not the company Dave Gavin built Marcus will ruin this company but his pockets will be full.

to Anonymous #1018720

Marcus only cares about himself and his silly TV show.

He is hated by his employees, his customers and his vendors.