1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

3 years ago i purchased a hybrid camper from them, when i went to pick it up, they had it in a stall inside to show me the workings of the unit. They said that they couldn't unroll the awning because of the space we were in (red light) . So, i took the camper home and on the first trip we opened the awning and it was torn 3/4 of the length of it. I called and they said it was "as is" because it was a used camper. I fought with them for 4 months and finally they gave me the cost of the awning, but i had to pay the install. I was not happy, i thought they were very deceptive.

Fast forward 3 years and we are ready for a class c motor home. We went to an event at NYS fair and saw the perfect coach we wanted and it was with Camping World . The salesman JUMPED on us and penned a deal quickly. I looked at the deal and it was giving me more than i expected for a trade, s i asked "is this right?" and he said yes, i need the deposit. We gave him $2k on the spot. Later in the week i decided to call Camping World to make arrangements for the pick up, and the sales manager looked at the SIGNED deal and said "there is a mistake"

He said they "overstated the trade" .... here we go again i thought......

bottom line is they wanted $7k more. I said please refund my deposit immediately. from that point forward i was treated like a POS . 3 weeks later and i still do not have the money back!!!! They are giving me the run around. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!

I bought a new class c at MEYER'S RV for less than the used one with the exact floor plan!!!!! Still do not have my deposit back!!!!

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: MY DEPOSIT BACK!!!!!.

I didn't like: Has not met my expectations at all, Inadequate staff.

Comments

Wow, 3 RV complaints out of 8 posts right now ... cementing their position as the most complained of bigger ticket item receiving regular posts to this website. I'm afraid the sellers of such things must view their customers as "fish on the hook".

MoodyIbis108

Camping World is focused on sales and NOT Customer Service!!