On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, while returning to our home in Palm Coast Florida we decided to stop at a Camping World Store and purchase a Honda 200i generator.We made this decision because Hurricane Irma was only two days away and were afraid that there would be no generator to purchase in Florida when we got home.

We stopped at the Lake Park Georgia store and they had only two or three generator left in stock. The only Honda they had was a 2800i that was on display. I specifically asked that, “If we do not need the generator for the storm could it be returned or exchanged for a Honda 2000i later”. The reply was, “ I don’t see where that would be a problem”.

We were lucky and we never lost power during the Hurricane Irma however millions of Florida residents were not so lucky. Because I knew there were many people searching for generators, I attempted to return the generator to the St, Augustine Camping World on Monday, September 11, 2017. When I explained that I wanted to return the generator, A young employee at the Camping World very rudely informed me so that everyone on that side of the store could hear, as if I were somehow trying to cheat his company, stated that, “Store Policy was no return on generators what so ever and that I could call corporate and complain if I wanted to and they would tell me the same thing”. He then turned his back on me and walked away.

I returned home and looked up the return policy posted on the camping world website and found that, (1) Generators are returnable within 30 days, (2) Generators must be in the original packaging – the generator I was sold was from display, was not in a box and no box was ever mentioned, and (3) generators prepped with gas or oil are not returnable – the generator I was sold was never prepped by me or the store with oil or gas. I then attempted to chat with Camping World on their website and explained the whole story to them and was told that they were only a call center. They did however give me a telephone number for customer relations at Camping World’s corporate office. I called that number and told them the whole story and was told that they would get back to me within 48 hours.

That was about a week ago and I not heard a word from them.

I strongly that I have been lied to and treated like a common criminal by Camping World of St Augustine and their cooperate headquarters.I never say never however it is unlikely that I will ever do business with Camping World again.

Review about: Camping World Customer Care.

Preferred solution: apology.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments