Insurance Quality

Camping World Corporate Office Headquarters

650 Three Springs Road

Bowling Green, KY 42104

cc: Marshall Law Firm

I am writing this email in regards to my experience as a customer who I would consider loyal to your establishment, as a current very upset and unsatisfied owner of a coach from your establishment, and as a consumer who has spent thousands of dollars at your establishment only to be completely let down.

My name is Michael Wilson, otherwise we are the Wilson family. We have purchased three (3) recreational vehicles from your establishment. The first a 33ft Sprinter which I paid cash for. In taking the coach out a few times I realized I had bought something too small. I spoke with Brian Cutts who was very helful in my family finding something to suit our needs. I then traded my Sprinter in for a 40ft Sandpiper Bunkhouse (which I believe is still in your service area), that I also paid cash for. I was very pleased with this purchase until my wife became pregnant and we thought a class A would be better for our travels especially since the damage from the slide in our Sandpiper was to take months for your service department to repair. I believe they have yet to be done.

While dropping off my Sandpiper for the service for repair was never done even though you had it many days. While waiting for service, I went to look on your sales lot, this is when I saw my 2006 Monaco Cayman that I now posess. At that point I was persuaded by your salesman this was better for my family than my Sandpiper. The only problem was that there was a huge crack going vertically the entire length of the window. When I was with your salesman I was told "the prior owner of the coach was having the damaged window fixed through an insurance claim". That your sales/service were aware of the damage and it would be fixed. With that in mind and the knowledge that I had a long trip to Arizona coming up I trused it would be fixed by delivery. This NEVER happened. In fact I drove the coach off your lot with the window being in UNSAFE condition and noone cared. The TV's have never worked, the awning your service people fixed was never fixed. I was also promised new batteries as the ones on the coach had bubbled and were also unsafe.

When I took the delivery of the Monaco, I drove off your lot with an unsafe coach. Through research of my consumer rights....This alone is illegal. I have spent MULTIPLE hours of my time having to be the one to initiate calls for your service to repair that window, the batteries and the right side mirror whose glass fell off on my drive home from delivery as they were only held on by double stick tape. Not to mention countless 2 hour drives to Roseville for these repairs. I also noted to service that while out on my first trip in the Monaco the "LOW AIR" light and alarm beeped the whole way up the incline I was on which was two hours long. I was then passed to Sacramento Truck which told me it was no big deal. Funny when you are scared for you and your family's safety the entire time the alarm is sounding up a hill in the desert.

From the final repair of the window which took weeks.... I have noted air conditioning issues on my coach since your service department repaired the cracked windshield. However even though I spent my hard earned money on the warranty, it would do me no good because time frame issues did not allow me an appointment. With this in mind I just got back from taking my son to college in Arizona....in which I drove through the Mojve Desert WITH NO A/C, a two month old infant, a 3 year old, my wife, and two dogs. I called the local camping world to try to get help as beads of sweat dripped down our faces and was told there was NOTHING they could to. They would give me a number of a mobile mechanic but "they were not going to cover the charge".

See the list below of things that went wrong on the trip through the desert:

No A/C front or rear, generator breaker continously flipping, low air light beeped for two hours straight, windshield wiper flew off, awning rattled on the wind.

Before I left for this trip I changed re-bubbled batteries that your service replaced supposedly but were either bad or were never changed.

MY COMPLAINT:

I believe you knowingly and willingly sold me a coach that had been in an accident and if not had been damaged bad enough that it would appear so. I have spent tons of money with you and I have a coach THAT IS BROKEN, HAS CAUSED MY FAMILY DISTRESS, AND COST ME TONS OF MONEY IN RENTAL CARS, HOTELS, AND EXPENSES that had my coach worked I would not have acquired in a time when my family should have been enjoying the college experience it was a disaster.

I want something comparable to my NEW 2016 Sandpiper that I was happy with except your service could not repair it in time or at all for that matter for my use. The damage to my Sandpiper was WARRANTY WORK, I guess just not important for you to expedite while my life revolved around it, along with ALL monies I put as a deposit on this Monaco, as well as you pay off the $39K balance on the loan I was forced to get for this "great deal". I want to be reimbursed for my hotel stay I was forced to get because I had no air, my rental car because I had no coach, food that went bad and that I had to buy out to eat because I was out my coach, a emergency room hospital visit caused by the distress,new batteries I had to buy, gas, etc. My ties to your company should be made back to the day I brought my sandpiper and was weaseled into this horrible experience. My wife ended up in the ER with a panic attack as we droce through the desert with NO A/C and fans on our infant worred he may not survive. THIS IS BY FAR going to my legal team and if nothing is done I will be forced to take legal action. I will allow two weeks from today for your response. Otherwise I plan to report you to the BBB, The local News channel, and take serious legal action.

I can provide copies of sales receipts for all purchases, video of my family in horror in the heat, proof of phone calls and emails sent trying to get response

Michael Wilson & Family

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. LISABETHAWEST stated that there is a room for improvement of unreturned phone calls and having to ask for the last part of the damage refund. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of camping world rv repair and associated monetary loss in the amount of $99000. Camping World needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned camping world rv repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments