We contacted them about a ac unit for our trailer to move our dogs across USA from the east coast, I specifically said we are going to extreme temperatures in AZ that get 118 degrees to 122 degrees so I need something that will hold up to those temperatures. After all said and done, generator they sold me for over $2000.00 will not run in over 86 degree weather which states right on it. The outdoor speaker light was melted to *** within 1 week from the heat that they talked me into buying and installing. I trusted them with all this being they are to be the professionals in this business of what I needed and what I was asking about. In AZ with the trailer only being there 2 weeks if that, all the wiring molding that holds all the wire up from until across ceiling down the wall was laying all over the trailer which had can unstuck from the extreme temperatures even though parked under a shade tree and doors windows and all vents were left open to keep the trailer cooler temps with alot of outside air going in it.

I had to keep calling camping world on my way back to the east coast 7 weeks later letting them know that the generator will not work as well as ac keeps shutting off too triggering the breaker that was put in it.

The care less all people but one young lady named Savanna. So stopping every hour for 2500 miles took us forever and alot of stress on us as well as the dogs too. One of our dogs that was 21 mos old died from this situation that was Camping Worlds fault. I called corporate several times and all they do is have the Statesville NC location keep calling me and nothing gets rectified. The one guy on the phone prior to our dog's death said he dont give a *** were his exact words to me on the phone and says if our dogs die he ain't (his hick talk) paying *** to me on the phone. It is almost 2 weeks of me making numerous calls to the corporate with these issues and a dead dog and I still have NOT heard back from anybody from corporate with giving me my $5000.00 back that I paid out that did NO good at all plus the loss of my $3500.00 dog of which I had alot of money into her since we owned her. They need to give me $10,000.00 in my losses and take their *** non working *** out of my trailer and pay me my losses of about $10,000.00 plus to pay to have the air vent re-installed back inside of it. They should pay the suffering fees as well of my son getting badly burnt on their generator just to read the label on it within its working conditions. As said this place is a real joke, we have NOT heard back from any professional service person with this company at all and we are still waiting. Do NOT buy from them, go elsewhere, this company customer service and professionalism really sucks!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Bad
    • Poor work
    • Lack of integrity
    • Quality of work
    • Workers attitudes and language

Reason of review:
Preferred solution:
Full Refund and My Dog Replaced that is Not replaceable, plus compensation on my sons hand being burnt badly :(
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Trailer Ac Dometic With Honda Generator 3000
Review category
review #880115 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Camping World? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jul 24 #1189163 Buffalo, New York

Got me for $8000 they truly are liars and thieves , they'll pretty much look right at you and say FU after the sale and that represents Marcus Lemonis business practices , STAY AWAY

3 0 Reply

Jul 15 #1185605 Covington, Georgia

You kept your dogs in the trailer in the picture? You did not read the specs. on generator that you bought? I do not nor have I ever worked for Camper world or any company like it so this is an honest opinion. WHAT THE ___WERE YOU THINKING??? If I had a pound dog or mutt I would not transport or even leave them in a dark colored metal utility trailer for 10 seconds anywhere in this country or world! We have small farm and transport dogs,horses,goats etc and you never ever transport any animal in something that does not allow for outside air circulation,windows with screens and a fan mounted in box would work with frequent stops and plenty of available cool water. I will be nice and not tell you would I think but you do not deserve to be compensated for your 3500.00 dog must be heck of a dog and if so why not ride in vehicle with you?? Must not have cared to much. I'm sorry your dog died but there is a good chance that carbon monoxide could have very well killed dog. Pulling a trailer behind any vehicle transporting animals requires it to be ventilated with fresh air circulation and ones that do have ac cools outside air and does not recirculate even that could be dangerous on long hauls and how come you did not verify specs on generator. I have a horse camp on a river in South GA and it is powered by generator and I assure you it gets above 85 degrees for weeks at a time even nights and we have no problems ever.

1 1 Reply

Aug 09 #1196862 Morganton, North Carolina

Carbon monoxide was not the point of this at all whatsoever. The trailer does have circulation vents in it as well as being controlled by fresh air or recirculated air in the trailer. The trailer is also well insulated. We trusted Camping World for what they told us being there experienced in this as a business and we told him what we were looking for and this is what they did to us so the blame is not on us it's on a professional company called camping World that specializes in what we were looking for and what we needed for our move. The trailer does have windows with screens and it does have Commercial fan in it and the dogs did have plenty of freshwater as we had five gallon jugs of water in there with continuously filling up their bowls mounted in their crates at all times with Midwest company brackets that mount inside of them as well as stainless steel water buckets too. If you ha e not seen what we have please do NOT judge us, our dogs were traveling in high cotton in a bran new 2016 custom made 18 foot trailer. The air-conditioner is mounted on top of the trailer way high up in the air, the exhaust pipe is almost on the ground on the truck so don't tell me our dogs had carbon monoxide poisoning, we're not going to put over $50,000 of dogs in that type of situation, get real. 85° is a very small comparison to 118° 122° which camping world was already told this before we even purchased our items from them that that's the type of weather that is extreme what we... Show more

1 0 Reply

Jul 12 #1184176 Morganton, North Carolina

I received a phone call from a outside manager of Camping World in GA today about the incident that took place in Statesville NC of continuing of this situation above. He says that they refuse to give us our money back other then for the generator and they reuse to cover the loss of our dog as well as the AC unit ,and speaker in the trailer to leave as ***. We are contacting our lawyer and will be suing this company of all our losses as well as my son's pain and suffering of getting burnt on their generator that says do NOT run in over 30 degrees Celsius right on it which is 86 degree Fahrenheit that they sold us to go to AZ in 118 degree weather that can reach as high as 122 degrees with knowing this information before selling it to us. I kept asking the manager what the sound was on the phone and he stated he did not know but our phone call conversation was being recorded without him telling me which I believe is against the law in doing so without my knowledge of it. You honestly may not want to buy anything from this company at all, they really suck. Their customer service is real *** just as how they treat their consumers too.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Camping World. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Camping World.
Filing a new complaint about