1.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Well everyone, bad news here. We took the RV out for a test run to visit friends in central Missouri over the weekend.

When we got to their house, we discovered that the RV fell apart (slightly dramatized, but I’ll explain). First; the RV is a 2018 Crossroads Zinger 18SS. According to I sticker I have a picture of, it was built in January 2018. So imagine our surprise when we get into our RV, to begin setup, and find that a cabinet I had put cans of soup in had dislodged itself and was sitting (with the cans) on the furnace.

Not only that, but the “wall” of the cupboard became 3/4 detached and you could see a couple dozen finishing nails sticking out. Then, once clearing the cupboard out, we turned around to unstrap the table and pillows from the couch, only to find that the couch is no longer bolted to the platform on one side (the couch is part of the slide out piece of the RV; and only 1 screw half way in on the other). Upon further examination, the platform that the couch is on, is also broken. One of the drawers in the kitchenette area will not stay attached to its ball bearing rail and tries to fall off each time it is pulled out.

Super upset, I call #CampingWorldKC to tell them and they inform me (this was Friday the 4th of May) that they cannot get our RV in for service until Tuesday; this was their soonest appointment. I try to explain all of what is wrong and that dropping it off Tuesday is going to be an awful burden because my husband works, and an extra 6 hours of hauling a trailer with a broken pelvis is not ideal. Again, they insist that they cannot get us seen until Tuesday. Requested to speak to the manager and was told he was SFC until Monday.

So I left messages with managers and the sales associate who sold us the unit, but had to concede to Tuesday because no one got back to us or answered the phone when we called during business hours. Luckily for me, Josh was able to get emergency time off to help me. We get to the Camping World of KC (where we purchased the rig) and the service associate began to walk through with us. It went from bad to worse.

The cabinet that had fallen apart had also begun tearing away from the wall/ceiling. The ceiling itself was dipping (where it should have been solid) and was so warped that the covers for the interior speakers as well as the smoke detector began falling off the ceiling!!! Then while I was showing the lady the drawer, I noticed a giant area under the sink that sunlight was getting through! It appeared to be a hole that had been covered on the outside with a mostly translucent clear substance.

In the words of the service associate (who had been less than polite or helpful over the phone), “this is way worse than I thought, we may have to return it to the manufacturer.”. Then we go inside to sign the papers that authorizes them to work on the RV, the service associate informs me that they will have it diagnose in 1-2 days and once diagnosed they would send a report to the manufacturer who “may or may not” approve the warranty work. IF it is approved, it will take another 2-6 weeks to get parts in. I lost it, and said “so you mean to tell me that I could not drop off my RV until Tuesday because you didn’t have an open appointment, but it’s going to take you 1-2 days to even get it diagnosed???” Her response was yes.

That is their police. No phone call Wednesday or Thursday. I got ahold of the sales associate and he promised he would look into it and see what my options were. No phone call until almost 2 pm.

At which time, we get a message stating that his service manager is responsibility and so needed the service report before he could do any. THEN he says my rig was just starting to get looked at. JUST THEN. (This was less than an hour ago on the 10th).

I ask you this rhetorically - why did I need an appointment?!?

Ok. End rant...

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Miserable service-still.

Comments

h.kitchener

Given all the defects you stated, my question is: didn't you thoroughly inspect the unit before buying it?