We purchased a used RV from the new Wentzville, MO location about a month ago.The entire buying process was painful.

We were there literally half of the day and had to deal with about 4 different people from start to finish, but needless to say, when we pulled off the lot with our "new" RV we couldn't be happier. Fast forward to day 2...the RV won't start. We give it a jump and it's sputtering and not sounding so hot. We had to go back up to the store anyway to sign over our old RV, so we figured we'd just take the new one up there and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Problem #2...Now it's not getting gas so it's undriveable at this point. My not so happy boyfriend goes up to the store to sign the paperwork and tries to gt someone to help with the current rv situation. The buck was passed to several different people who claimed "this wasn't their area of expertise" until finally someone gave us a solution. We were told that they couldn't do the work at that location but that we could have the RV towed thru Good Sam at no charge and they gave us a paper of who and where to have it towed to.

We were assured that all of the costs associated with the repairs would be covered. 2 weeks later, my RV is finally fixed. The total bill for the repairs (bad sensor) was $1758. Now, I call back Camping World to see how we go about getting these guys paid so that I can finally take my RV home and suddenly nobody knows anything about the situation!!

Once again the buck is being passed and nobody wants to take responsibility for anything. Just getting someone on the phone to even talk to you is insane and then of course they are not the right person. I finally was able to get in touch with our sales person who agreed to have his manager call be back. That has yet to happen.

This company, or at least this location does not care at all about their customers after the sale is complete. They got our money so anything after the fact they could care less about.

It takes a whole lot for me to get to the point that I write any kind of reviews, but I promise this experience is so horrible that I will be dedicating a whole lot of my free time to letting everyone know what kind of business is being run here and to stay clear.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of camping world customer care from Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1758 and wants Camping World to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was lied to and ignored by service dept, walk through and customer service, entire experience and inadequate staff. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Foristell, Missouri, United States #1209308

I agree with you on the Wentzville camping world.We bought an RV there and have had warranty issues.

We have taken it in 3 times, and they will just keep it until you go tell them that you want it. They always say they ordered the wrong part, and they will call you when the correct one comes in, but you never get that call.

Absolutely the WORST service department we have ever dealt with.They don't even pretend to care