2.3

The number of problems with my new Heartland M231 were endless. We finally got it to the campground after buying it in the fall for the first time in the spring about 300 miles from home and they told us we would have to bring it back to them to do all repairs since it was under warranty.

I was not going to pull the camper back home 300 miles every time there was a problem. Our expectation buying new versus used was that there would be no problems, expecting the Heartland to be a quality product especially at such expense. I am not a rookie when it comes to campers since have been a camper for 60 years. The cheap Pex water connections leaked with water flowing all over the floors.

The remote for the radio would not work so I ordered and paid for a new one. The valve on the toilet would not work resulting in leaking so I replaced the assembly. The faucet leaked on the shower so I replaced the entire faucet assembly. The water connection under the bathroom sink leaked so I replaced it.

The electric line to the microwave did not work, so a new line was run. The cheap plastic connector at the hot water heater had its thin metal ring simply fall off and water leaked all over the floor. I went to Lowes and bought a better brass connector correcting the problem once installed. A water connector under the kitchen sink simply fell off leaking water all over the place.

Several connectors were not tight and fortunately I checked them all and tightened them. There were no hooks in the bathroom to even hang towels so I bought some hooks. The wood panel hiding the water heater was paper thin. The one vinyl decal on the outside started crinkling so I ordered one from Heartland and installed.

It took me a week to get the decal from Heartland RV. I took the camper back to the dealer for a safety recall and the replacement LED lights sent to the dealership by Heartland were damaged. So it's another week before they got a good part (I hope) and another three days before they can install it. Our so-called vacation camping days went away.

I tried to have another dealership local to the campground do the safety recall work but they said would have to completely redo the paperwork and would take weeks before could get all the paperwork done, let alone get a service appointment. This Heartland Mallard is titled an ultra lite and that is because it is made out of cheap thin materials. You can read all the infinite number of reviews on-line of the poor quality and service for Heartland owners.

I will NEVER buy another Heartland and the service by their dealerships and themselves is poor. I lost over $8K by trading it in on a different new brand trailer and a different RV dealer but I am just glad to get rid of the Junker.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Got rid of it. .

I didn't like: Lack of care for customers after they sale to you.

Comments