9/7 ordered a Honda generator.Hurricane coming, so taking a precaution.

Called to ask whether I could use my own UPS account number to pay for expedited shipping. Was told the order would be held for one to two days to investigate whether my intent was to resell the generator at a higher price. I asked for a callback from the manager and never received one. So by the time I get the generator, it'll be too late.

Hope I don't need it. I live in Atlanta. The item ships from Louisville, KY. I would have received it on Monday had they shipped same day.

Camping World is providing sandbags in Orlando so I know they're aware of the storm.

They were one of few who had this generator in stock.I am sorely disappointed in this so-called policy, in light of this situation, if my request is ignored (note I did not say not granted) I will speak of this loudly in every forum I can find, and will NEVER purchase anything from any of their outlets again.

Review about: Camping World Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

It's now October 16.I received my generator 4 days after the power went out.

Too late.

To be clear, I am not asking CW to do anything more than to acknowledge that the policy is wrong and that they made an error. To that end I have emailed them 3 times by email and received one scripted response about when the item would ship. About 10 days ago I posted this matter on Camping World's Facebook page and received a response within hours.

The response indicated that I would be called by a CW manager. Yep. You guessed it. No callback.

So here's the situation as I see it.

Camping World is probably ok if nothing goes wrong and you're not in a hurry.

But, if Customer Service comes into play, especially if it involves some sort of accountability, choose a different retailer.That's how I feel.

I know exactly how you feel.We live in NC and ordered a generator on September 5th and have yet to get it.

We have called and keep getting the run around. Said they placed on hold to verify our address since it was a large expensive ticket item. Gave some false tracking # for UPS. I called today, Monday 9/11 and they said it was not shipping via UPS but their ECO Freight selected it to go thru FedEx!!

I ask why does their system tell me UPS and they have no response. My husband called last Thus, 9/7 and he was told it was shipping from Kentucky. I just looked it up on FedEx and our generator was shipped from Fort Worth Texas not Kentucky!! So for all we know it could have been sitting in flood waters somewhere in Texas.

It is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, 9/12.

Camping World has lost our business.We are campers and have given this company thousands over the years....NEVER AGAIN!!