I have been camping for about 30 years and I have purchased over 10 RV’s in my life time. I currently own a 40 foot 2014 Dutchmen Denali 5th wheel travel trailer, my wife and I discussed buying a new class A so we starting looking at different dealers for the best deal. We ended up at Camping World RV Sales on McIntosh located in Dover Florida 33527.

We meet with a salesmen by the name of Chuck Dumas, he proceeded to show me class A with a gas engine, and at the time I was going to trade in my 24ft 2015 Stingray Boat and the camper mention above. The deal seemed to be ok but I was concern over trade in values so I called my wife and she recommended that I try to sale the boat on eBay, I went home and listed the boat on eBay and I sold the boat in 3 weeks, after I paid of the loan my wife and I went back to the dealership to re-negotiate the deal. Chuck informed me that the camper we looked at 4 weeks prior was sold so he showed us other new Class A with a gas engine, my wife and I picked a camper, test drove it and went to back to the dealership to work a deal.

Chuck offered us 60K for my trailer and 40K off the new coach he went on to say that he could show the dealer discount as a deposit of cash so the deal will look better to the bank, we agreed to the terms and condition that the deal wrote up, sign the contract and we called Navy Federal Credit Union to apply for a loan. After several hours the loan was approved for the final price of 70,635.23 so the check was made out for that amount. We called the salesman and explain the loan was approved and he stated that the coach was in PDI for the delivery I also ask about a mobile satellite system, he said that it will cost around 2400.00 installed so I approved the up charge.

We went to the dealership for our 3pm appointment, we did a walkthrough we a stand in sales person then we went to finance department to complete our paper work and tag work. After that I went to the sales store to pay for my satellite system and a couple of other things, that bill was 2400.00 dollars, while leaving the dealership a young manager stopped me and stated that the dealer ship made a mistake and I would have to pay additional 30,000 at that point I was very made and said we had a deal any I paid my money so the problem is yours not mine. Long story short we left the camper due to the time of night it was and I will post complaints ever where I can. This place is a joke and in my opinion this is bait and switch. I will be discussing this with an attorney first thing in the morning as well as the owner of their dealership.

Walter 813.997.4509

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of travel trailer and associated monetary loss in the amount of $70635. Camping World needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned travel trailer in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

twice they pulled bait and switch on me once at cw west va. and cw at Kissimmee fla.

We are having the same "bait and switch" issue right now with Bill Owens at the Wood Village Oregon store!I filed a complaint with their district offices.

We feel as if they could care less whether we buy from them or not!!!There is so much more to the story...Beware of Camping World!!!