My older father in law purchased a rv in March. He was under the impression that he paid $14,000.

It was later discovered that he actually paid over $26,000!! After further study it was discovered that he had paid over $7000 for add on "stuff". Such as $1995 paint protection, $1999 for gap coverage, $399 and $199 to The Good Sam's Club, and on and on all put on the loan at 8.9% for 204 months, yes 17 years!!! Which would put him in his mid 90's.

He went to a local credit union to see about refinancing said rv, he was told to go back to Camping World and get the add on services removed. No one understands what the $1995 paint protection is,

credit union had no idea, nor was there any paper work explaining it. He went back to Camping World, spoke with the sales manager who basically intimated him into keeping the "services", by telling him "if you take them off and something happens it's yours". I went back with him yesterday so "they" would not take advantage of him.

Upon arrival we spoke with a salesman who asked if he could help us. My father in law asked to speak with the sales manager he was asked his name to tell sales manager, after about five minutes we were told that the sales manager was on a conference call for the next 30 minutes to one hour. I then asked to speak to his supervisor, was told he was on same conference call. I then asked to speak to finance manager.

About 3 minutes later the sales manager came out, yes the same one on the conference call!!?? My father in law asked him to remove said add on services, the sales manager said I'll remove them but it's on you if something happens. I advised the sales manager that he was paying for full coverage insurance. The sales manager then made a comment about me not being on the paperwork.

He went on to say that he could remove it all except "paint protection". Father in law asked why, he was told because it is a service that can't be removed. My father in law said that any "service" can be removed. Sales manager was actually laughing!!

I then told the sales manager that this was very close to violation of NC law exploration of an older person. Wow!! He went off..ordered me out of his office...I left to avoid jail..really!! I never ever raised my voice at any time, in fact above statement is all I said the whole time.

My father in law finally signed paperwork to remove "services" except this mystery "paint protection"..

but the sales manager told my father in law that he would wait to turn in the cancellation until "he was sure he wanted to cancel" WHAT?? Are you kidding me? Two trips in a week's time requesting it removed, and you're going to wait to "be sure" ...we went back to credit union to refinance, while there I looked up these "services" online and found he could cancel them on line. Which I did, well some of them..when I called The Good Sam's Club, they could not find his contract, the associate asked me if the RV was purchased through Camping World?

I told her yes..She then told me that The Good Sam's Club that Camping World sales is not affiliated with them. What?? I asked how that is, and was told she didn't understand it either! That we'd have to go through Camping World to cancel...

Still working on The Good Sam's Club thing, waiting 6-8 weeks for other stuff to be removed. Oh, by the way finally found that this "paint protection" was paid to metrotech. I looked up metrotech and it is a spray on product to protect the paint.

I guess that is why the sales manager would not reveal what paint protection was, because they "slipped" it in...but at least I understand why it can't be removed... So All this and still waiting 6-8 weeks!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rv.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 15.

Comments