I too have had issues with camping world.My issue is with camping world of mid Missouri.

We bought a BRAND new 2015 Coleman 32' pull behind camper from them in July 2015. We bought it with a few cosmetic flaws that were covered under warranty and parts were ordered "immediately" to be fixed when they came in. Well, those issues were only taken care of after several visits to the store. Finally in October 2015 our warranty parts are in and we are told to bring the trailer on in for work.

By that time there were more warranty issues that needed to be addressed AND we decided to add on a spare tire and a level which we were going to pay for. Finally, 6 weeks after we took the trailer in, on November 11 we were called and told work was complete and it was ready for pick up. I told them it would be a few days before we were able to pick up, and they said that was fine, but I needed to call before I headed in so they could have the trailer pulled out and ready. Well, neither my husband or I had called, but I drove by camping world on my way home Saturday November 14 and noticed it had been pulled from outside the locked and secured area.

I was able to get my husband to leave work early and go up to camping world. Upon further inspection we noticed some of the requested work had not been done. The spare tire was on, but no level, and some of the warranty work wasn't complete. My husband was not happy and told them he would be back for pick up later in the week so he could talk with the manager.

Here is where the story gets good. I last laid eyes on my camper November 14 at approximately 4 pm. Monday morning November 16, the service department notices the camper is not there. They do not investigate to see where the camper is, they do not call us to see if we picked up without paying the $300 balance we owed them for the spare tire, and they didn't call the cops.

They wait until my husband calls to go in for a walk thru with the manager and to pick up THEN they notice the camper is stolen. To make things worse, we were not given an apology, the service manager said this "I've never even lost a *** tube in my life let alone an entire camper!" After we made the report with the sheriff, we asked the service manager what camping world was going to do seeing as the camper was in their possession and they were negligent by not locking our camper back up, and, in the presence of the sheriff, he said, you need to file through your insurance, we are NOT responsible. SERIOUSLY??? Not your problem.

My camper was in for work that they DIDN'T complete, they left it out from behind the secured area with no lock on the hitch, no security cameras on the premises, and noticed it was missing Monday and did nothing about it until we same in on Saturday.I'm hoping corporate will make things right because if not, I will personally OWN camping world.

This reviewer shared experience about "negligence, " and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $35000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. The most disappointing about camping world service department from Camping World was service dept, service reps who cannot answer for each other and service Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Sturbridge, Massachusetts, United States #1230482

Did you ever get satisfaction?

I had a similar situation. Could you please reach out to me I would really like to speak with you.

Burk McMullin