On 2/15/2017 the transfer switch on my Diesel Pusher RV went out.I brought my RV to Camping World-Woodstock Georgia for repair/replacement.

The total charge for replacement of the transfer switch was $671.12, which I paid. After they installed the new transfer switch, Camping World-Woodstock Georgia did an analysis to see what caused this problem to happen? The service advisor informed me that nothing came back from the analysis and that these switches go bad every now and then. He told me everything was replaced, I was good to go, and sent me on my way.

The RV sat in my driveway until our first summer trip in June 2017. On 7/16/2017 while returning home from a trip in the same Diesel Pusher RV, the generator went out and would not restart giving codes 11 and 13. I called Camping World-Woodstock Georgia to make an appointment to bring it in to be looked at. I was told the earliest appointment they had available was at the end of August 2017.

I explained I had a trip coming up on 7/21/2017. The service advisor told me they are short on mechanics and that was the earliest they could get me in. I then called Cummins South Atlanta (Onan Cummins is the maker of the generator), told them what the problem was, and was able to bring the RV in immediately. On 7/18/2017 Cummins South Atlanta called me and told me the transfer switch that Camping World installed on 2/15/2017 shorted out and the wires were melted.

Cummins South Atlanta informed me this was the cause of my generator not running and the transfer switch needed to be replaced because 3 wires with-in the transfer switch had actually melted. At this time I called Camping World-Woodstock Georgia again and explained in detail to the service advisor what was going on, and that since they replaced the transfer switch 5 months earlier, I expected them to replace it again (properly) with out any out-of-pocket expense to me. He laughed and told me the earliest they could get me in was at the end of August 2017. I explained I had a family trip planned on 7/21/2017.

He said "end of August". I called Cummins South Atlanta back and explained what was going on with Camping World-Woodstock Georgia. Cummins South was kind enough to order, overnight, and install a new transfer switch the following day. The cost was $651.54.

Cummins South Atlanta also did an analysis to see why the transfer switch melted, coming back with the conclusion that the previous transfer switch (installed 2/15/2017-five months earlier by Camping World-Woodstock Georgia) was defective. Cummins South Atlanta supplied me with the melted transfer switch, after replacement so I could take it to Camping World-Woodstock Georgia to get a refund of $671.12. On 7/25/2017 I drove to Camping World-Woodstock Georgia with the melted transfer switch, along with Camping World's receipt and Cummins South Atlanta's receipt. I explained what had happened.

The person I spoke to told me they would speak with the General Manager and be right back. When he came back, he told me the General Manager said I am out of luck. I should have brought it back to them for replacement. I explained I could not wait until the end of August 2017 for service.

He told me the General Manager said I should have then taken the RV to the Chattanooga Tennessee location-since the Woodstock Location is so backed up. This is insane! He expects the customer to drive at least 2 hours North and cross State borders? How was i supposed to know if this location is/was as backed up as the Woodstock location?

Very poor customer service.

The General Manager refused to come out of his office to speak with me.I would never recommend this Camping World-Woodstock Georgia location for anything.

Review about: Camping World Rv Repair.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

I agree Woodstock ga has a problem can’t handle service in a timely manner it took 3weeks to get RV in its now been 4 weeks and still not completed the severe work!

Also friend the Macon ga store and was told it would be. Month and a half to get it in their service dept

Camping world has a big problem providing service work!

This week I received a letter from Good Sam stating that they will reimburse me for the charges that I incurred at Cummin's. I never heard back from Camping World.

I wouldn't let camping world Check the air in tires, they would find a way to screw that up..

Wow!I will stay away from Camping World and tell all my friends/neighbors to stay away as well.

It seems as though Cummins South Atlanta took great care of you. Best to stay with the manufacturer of the appliance/device you are having an issue with. They know their product, and will repair it correctly.

Seems Camping World will screw it up, without any Customer Service or Management assistance when they are called out on it.Very sad for a company that is in business to assist campers.