100% full Not resolved
1.6
Insurance Quality

Purchased a used a travel trailer from Camping World in April of 2015. Bought in Albuqurque, NM, but that's another story. Bought an "extended warranty with the trailer. I was told " they'll send you further information on what's covered. Well, almost 5 months now, and absolutely nothing in the mail. There are about a dozen issues that needed service from day-1. The selling dealer Camping World in Albuquerque, NM committed that they'd go through a thorough inspection and bring it up to speed to fix anything they found. Boy, I bought that hook, line, and sinker. When I found several items (like the A/C that sounds like a locomotive rumbling down uneven tracks and intermittently works) they assured me that the extended warranty would take care of it. That extended warranty seems to cover very little. Not worth the money!!

Having a special Hensley Hitch on the trailer, they wouldn't repair it, or provide a "step-up" hitch bar so that the trailer would tow anywhere close to level. Not having the 6" step-up hitch bar was enough while traveling in the mountains to cause the front steps to be torn loose when making a sharp curve on a steep incline. The trailer got stuck on the steps!! So I repaired the hitch, and the steps, and bought the 6" step-up bar from Hensley, myself. After repeatedly asking, CampingWorld would do absolutely - NOTHING!!!

We live in our trailer full-time and travel. August's the first opportunity we've had to put it into a shop for the follow-up service. We put it into the service dept of Camping World in Grain Valley, Mo. Put it into the shop on 8/6/2015. Went over a very detailed list with Tony, their Service Writer. The following week, on Tuesday 8/11, Tony called asking for the Hensley hitch bar, they couldn't move the trailer to do the estimate. I brought them the bar and found my Hensley hitch disassembled laying on their gravel parking lot around the front of my trailer..I reassembled my hitch myself because they stated they didn't know how, but would try to get someone - WTF? Who took it apart? I called on the following Friday 8/14 to ask if an evaluation had been completed, and if an estimate was ready. Tony was not available , so the person I spoke with began telling me about the issues. They couldn't convey the hours needed to repair or what was covered under the extended warranty. My TV antenna was the wrong one and would need to be cut and refitted -the only problem with the original antenna to the trailer is that it wouldn't rotate. Raising/lowering works properly. It's the original Winguard antenna and the broken part's only a $ 6.00 plastic part!! It wasn't covered - I'll fix it myself. The dryer's tub doesn't rotate. This was a brand new washer/dryer CampingWorld had installed in Albuqurque, NM just before we bought the trailer. They conveyed that the dryer's tub was off it's rollers - the dryer doesn't ride on rollers, it rides on a shaft with a bearing that would be near impossible to come loose. The problem's likely the belt is either broken, or slipped off the drive motor. I've even provided the belts to repair it!! It wasn't covered - I'll fix it myself. The left rear 30" BAL scissor Jack is "thumping" when raised/lowered. I conveyed this is because of a temporary roll pin that had been put in place In the screw assembly, so it would go up/down. Was this way when we bought it. They've told me the Jack is stripped. They either haven't looked at it, or don't know what they're talking about. It wasn't covered -I'll fix it myself. The front VentAir ceiling fan does not always turn on. Intermittently it turns on at 3AM in the morning. Their fix is to replace the motor because the fan wouldn't come on when they looked at it. As I told them - The motor runs, so it has to be the circuitry driving the fan motor - so now I can look forward to having to take the trailer into another CampingWorld later to fix the same problem. Why don't they just replace the entire fan? My rear A/C unit is noisy, does not push out cold air, and is being replaced. With the VentAir Fan, I think that instead of another 3-4 weeks waiting, I'll call VentAir and fix it myself. The replacement A/C unit is covered and was received this week on Wednesday 8/26. However, They forgot to order the A/C adapter to mate this new A/C unit with my Holiday Rambler Trailer. They ordered it (ground shipping) from their supplier on Wednesday. It's not as though my trailer's some off-brand. It's from a major manufacturer of RV's!!! So here I sit 3-WEEKS!!!!!! The A/C unit could have been ordered sometime during the first week, but wasn't. The adapter should have been ordered with it, but wasn't. The A/C adapter should have been ordered OVERNIGHT when they realized they had ordered the wrong one, as they told me they had done on Wednesday when I spoke with Tony, but it wasn't.

So, I've been 3-weeks without my trailer to live in and 10 of the 12 issues needing repair aren't covered under Camping World's "All-Inclusive" Extended Warranty. I called the Service Manager, Ken Kissler, and the General Manager during week 2. No one called me back-seems as though they both chose to ignore me!! From the day I first dropped this off, and in every interface, I made it very clear that I needed to pick this trailer up no later than Thursday 8/27. Today is Friday 8/28 and I demanded to speak with Ken Kissler their Service Manager, which I have. Politley, he tells me they're still waiting on the part that was shipped Wednesday. I asked why wasn't it shipped overnight, like Tony said it would be, when I spoke with Tony on Wednesday, and he doesn't know!!! Baffling!! So, all they can do now is wait until next week. So it's going to be another week, looks like 4-weeks now to get a simple fan repaired and an A/C unit replaced.

Customer Service is something I know well, as I've taught seminars on Customer Satisfaction for major global corporations. I've been in Service Management positions, and led global corporations. I felt confident and thought I was buying a Travel Trailer from a solid, reputable national company. I surely could have paid less for my Travel a Trailer from some other dealer or an individual. What a dissapointment!

With my experience from both the Albuqurque NM and Grain Valley MO stores, I'll never buy from Camping World again. And, I'll go out of my way to ensue I tell far more than just the average 10 others about my experience, I'll tell everyone I meet.

Customer Satisfaction, after the sale, is someting they've demonstrated they seem to care little about.

rgreuling wrote the review because of poor customer service at Camping World and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Camping World to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was diagnostic fee and customer service or product warranty. Author liked the most had a great supply of camping items and different coaches. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Camping World and camping world part replacement for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Fairview, New Jersey, United States #1204840

We have almost the exact same story.

We dealt with Camping World Calera Alabama.

I wish this company was shut down

I've left comments on the Profit on his facebook page.

Horrible company.