2.0

My wife and I are seasonal campers, basically it means our camper stays on our site in Drummerboy Campground, Gettysburg PA from about April 1 to November 1 give or take.It is like having a second home you come and go as you please.

On September 06, 2016, I ordered a dishwasher and cook top from Camping World. It was on sale. I had planned to install the new stuff at the end of the season when I took the camper home. The dishwasher and cook top was delivered to my house about three weeks or so from the date of order.

Both were drop shipped from their respective manufacturers. I did not see them physically unloaded from the truck. They were sitting in my driveway when I got home. Since I was going to do the install at the end of the season, I kept them in their boxes unopened and put them in my garage so they would not be damaged.

The weather wasn't the best and Thanksgiving got in the way so I started the install on December 3, 2016. That was when I found that the cook top ceramic two pieces were damaged. The top grate and the burner top. The guts, the bottom of the stove top that has the gas valves, knobs ignitor, etc were undamaged.

I set the bottom undamaged part in the counter top cutout to make sure it fit. That is where I left it with the damaged parts sitting on the sofa. That night I wrote an email to them. This is my first email dated December 4, 2016: “I ordered two chairs, a dishwasher and cook top in September.

Since my wife and I are seasonal campers at Drummer Boy Campground in Gettysburg Pennsylvania I decided to have them installed after the 2016 camping season was over. The earliest I could have them installed was this weekend, The dishwasher was intact and in good condition. It installed with no issue. Upon opening the cook top we found that the top black grate and the middle black burner assembly were damaged.

The bottom section of the cook top was fine. The undamaged part was installed with no issues. I realize it has been almost three months since I made the order but we did not know there was damage until we were able to have them installed. How can I get this resolved?

I am not happy with the damaged parts. ” On December 5, 2016 their response was this: “Hello,   Thank you for contacting Camping World. I would like to assist you in getting your concerns sent over t the appropriate team members for review and follow up; however, I will need some additional information to assist you. Could you please provide the location of the Camping World location you were working with?

I need the City/State so that I know how to assist you in this matter   Thank you, Ryan Walters Retail Customer Service Camping World/Good Sam Corporate Office” I emailed him back answering his questions (I ordered them online and they were delivered to my home. I live in Felton PA.) along with sending pictures of the damage. On December 8, 2016 I received an email from them: “Hello Joel, Thank you for contacting Camping World. Our Order Processing department handles these returns.

Someone will be in touch with you within 24-48 hours to go over the return process. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email me back directly or call Camping World Customer Service at 1-800-626-3636. Thank you, Bianca Camping World Customer Care ” Needless to say, no one called or emailed. After a few days or so I called.

I was told I have to take it to an authorized repair facility for the manufacturer, in this case, Suburban. She gave me the names of two places. I was not happy with this as they were an hour drive from my house. She said I could not ship it back to Camping World as they are not an authorized repair facility for Suburban.

I did find out later that statement was a bold face lie. I did some research and found an authorized repair facility for Suburban close to my work. I called them and they told me they could not help me because they did not sell it to me and it was shipping damage, not a warranty issue. So I decided to call the other places Camping World told me to call.

Both places repeated what the first RV retailer told me. I did some more research and found Suburban's phone number. I called Suburban explaining the situation. Again, Suburban (the manufacturer) told me what the three authorized repair facilities told me.

All three places including the manufacturer told me Camping World was responsible to handle this issue. Suburban also stated that she did not know why Camping World didn't just replace it as they are an authorized repair facility for Suburban and should simply filed a shipping damage claim. I called Camping World again furious. Again this new person said the same as the first.

I demanded a supervisor and I ended up with the same woman I spoke to before who gave me the two names of the authorized repair facilities for Suburban to call. She kept saying if I wasn't going to take it to one of the authorized repair facilities for Suburban there was nothing she could do. I explained what those companies told me and why they could not help me along with what Suburban told me and she would not budge. She kept saying I was wrong and she was right.

I argued with her for a while and demanded another supervisor. A man came on the phone, his name was Armando. He agreed with me and said it should have been a shipping claim. He asked when I bought it as they won't take back anything after 90 days.

I explained I had proof of first contact and was within the 90 days and if you add the fact it took weeks to finally receive my order I was well within the time frame to file a complaint. He asked if it was installed, again as I told the others, I set the bottom undamaged part in the counter top cutout to make sure it fit. That is where I left it with the damaged parts sitting on the sofa. It wasn't hooked up the gas or mounted.

He told me he would get back to me as he would get it replaced for me. A week then two went by and I left several messages. Finally a voice mail left for me from Armando stating he needed more information. I called his direct number, left a message for him to call me back, he never did.

Emails and phone calls go unanswered. I finally left a message on Monday giving him until that Friday 4pm to have this rectified or I would sue them. Again no answer. Every time I call his number he does not answer.

If I call the main number they say they can't help me and can't connect me to him. I originally wanted to exchange it but now that the camping season is coming up in a few weeks, I purchased another cook top from another company and this one was delivered undamaged and I have already installed it. Since Camping World refused to replace the cooktop, I contacted American Express and after investigating the situation, American Express permanently refunded my money. American Express requested me to get another RV company to write a letter stating it was not a warranty issue, that it was obviously damaged in shipping.

I did and the rest is history.Camping World customer service is nonexistent.

Review about: Suburban Manufacturing Scs3bez Cooktop.

Reason of review: Poor customer service after a delivery problem.

Preferred solution: I already got my money back through my American Express credit card..

I liked: Special prices.

I didn't like: Lies and poor consumer service.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments