Bought a brand new camper.Sales department was awesome.

However when it comes to their parts and service department they are truly lacking in communication. From the first day of buying the camper I needed an extension put on my hitch to lower the hitch ball. They did not have the part in stock. I was told that it would be order and picked up from Charleston, SC the next day and ready for pick up the same day.

I told them I would give them an extra day and would pick it up in on the Tuesday instead of that Monday. I showed up Tuesday morning as agreed upon and the part had never been pickup on Monday because the parts department guy never went to pick it up as they said he would. So I had to wait all day long for them to drive to Charleston and back which is 4 hrs round trip. Then finally install the part.

The second time I had to bring the Camper back to have a Slideout topper installed. I dropped it off to them on the scheduled day even though they were backed up. They said the camper would be ready the next day. The next day I got a call telling me that some items that were detected during the initial inspection faulty the replacement parts had come in.

They service department asked me If and when I wanted to bring my camper in to install the parts. I informed him that the camper was already at their location and that it had been for 2 days already. I told him of course install the parts. A week and a half has gone by since the last phone call so I decided to go in yesterday and find out the status.

I go into the service department and they had trouble finding my information and the job status.

45 minutes go bye and finally I am informed that the Slidout topper had been installed however they never did install the warranty replaced parts.This service and parts department really need to get there act together.

Review about: Camping World Part Replacement.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Lexington, South Carolina, United States #877934

As someone who has had a simular experience I have to say camping world is the most ridiculous company ever, they may be on the same lot but there are three different "companies" Sales, Service and retail they all have different managers and separate employees.I have been told by a former employee that the sales people sell a camper and the service dept.

Is forced to drop everything and get it ready to go out paying customers be damned and the service dept. Is fi rced to buy their parts from the retail store which anyone who has been there knows is a joke unless you need board games, dog bowls or lounge chairs.

In truth I have always been treated fairly by the service dept.but sales and retail could use some qualified and dedicated staff menbers.

Would you please send me an E-mail so we can make this right for you. jgreeno@campingworld.com

Thanks