My first RV experience was the purchase of a new 2016 $80,000 Thor Ace Motorhome (MH) from Camping World herein after referred to as CW. I brought the MH into CW on April 16th 2016 for warranty work which took 30 days to repair and to have paint and fabric protection applied. When we picked the MH up we found stress cracks to the front cap and had to return to CW on May 21st to have those repaired under warranty which took 10 days to complete. On Jan 2 2017 we returned to CW while under factory warranty with more warranty issues; the most significant was the failure of the slide out (S/O) to retract. CW had the MH from Jan 2 to Mar 1 2017 approximately 60 days. They could not duplicate the S/O malfunction. 60 days later after using the MH again the slide out failed. We returned to CW on May 9th 2017. 22 days later we picked up the repaired MH only to find the slide was not closing in the front all the way and there was a 2 inch gap at the bottom front. We were told the gap was fixed and went back to CW on June 7th only to find the gap was exactly the same.After using the MH for planned vacation we returned to CW on Sept 30 to have the repair repaired again (we think they never touched it the previous time). It took 45 days to repair the slide and change out a failed hydraulic jack motor.On Jan 20 2018 we returned to CW because motor 2 at the back of the slide failed.I picked up the MH on March 15th 54 days later. Fascia again was not attached to S/O and there was a new dent on my ladder which was not there when I dropped the coach off. No apology was given.. I WILL NOT BE RETURNING EVER TO CAMPING WORLD.

Here are the main issues with CW.

Never notified Thor the manufacturer of first S/O complaint. If they had Thor said they would consider covering the repair.

Failed to correctly repair slide out three times and the fourth attempt is questionable.

The work orders do not accurately depict work done when it comes to slide out repairs and parts replaced.

CW applied a paint and fabric protection completely detailing my MH inside and out as a courtesy (Mike Whiteman's GM word) because I requested it. I requested it because I was led to believe it was part of my extended warranty. When I requested to use it, I was told I could not because I didn't pay for it. Whiteman did produce a document I signed at financing showing I declined it. We signed a lot that day. Does it matter who pays for it. Obviously CW did. Whiteman also told me they only warranty paint and body repair for 90 days even thought their website and catalog ads say 12 months. Whiteman told me if I paint yours I would have to paint every ones. Well I doubt they apply paint a fabric protection for free to everyone.

At the time of financing I did not want to purchase an extended warranty but the finance officer called the bank and had my interest rate lowered so my payment would be the same with the warranty. I have since learned this is a questionable practice. (Finance guy no longer with CW)

It took 30 days for the service advisor to determine they could not repair the paint repair under any warranty. The GM found the error in less than 24 hours.

It took 54 days to do a 3 hour repair to my S/O. The MH sat at CW for weeks before parts were order and the first estimate was done on the paint work.

All total, CW had my coach 247 days out of the 844 days I have owned it. That is 8 months of down time at $550.00 a month for the loan payment and $1000 in storage fees. So I spent $5400 dollars on something I was unable to use!

I was told on two occasions that it would take longer to get the replacement motors in since they had to build them to order. After getting this excuse for the delay a second time I called Lippert, the supplier, and was told NO; the motors my MH needed are in stock and never built to order. Service writer changed her story to MAY BE built to order. Perhaps she should ask so that she gives customer accurate information. She should also return calls in 15 minutes like she says she would and not wait for me to call back the next day.

I have had to deal with 5 different service advisors in less then 2 years. Their knowledge of my MH is questionable. I knew more about the Schwintek system then they did. Two have left CW, one went back to sales, and two I don't know where they went to. The service manager Mike Doyle also resigned after he promised me 100% satisfaction. What a joke. The same two parts guy are still there though.

So after 7 round trips to camping world with two vehicles at a cost of $70.00 a trip. The lack of use of my MH for 8 months I am done with Camping World.

I do not recommend Thor products or Camping World! Horrible customer service.

J. Blessee

Review about: Camping World Rv Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments