2.8
Interest Rate

In January 2018 we went to CW Vacaville, CA look at toyhaulers for my mother in law to live in in our side yard because she could no longer afford to be on her own. We didn't expect to find exactly what we needed but we did. So despite the fact our yard was not ready for it yet we purchased it and CW agreed to store it for us till the end of February 2018 at no cost to us, which was so amazing and helpful. Overall we had a wonderful purchase experience.

However, after a couple days the horrible smell when we turned the heater on hadn't gone away, there was no heat getting to the bedroom through the heater vent, and then only a week and a half we had a big rain storm and the roof leaked. So we called to make an appointment for it to be fixed. With the help of our sales agent we were told it would be a one week repair (due to the urgency of the fact it was so new and a live in unit, not a camping unit) and if it would have to take longer we would be notified.

The day before it was due to be done I called to try to get status as we had heard nothing, only to discover nothing had actually been fixed on it yet. The roof leak was finally fixed 3 days after the entire repair was supposed to be complete, but the heater smell had not been addressed and while the cause of no heat the bedroom was known (a torn heater hose from the furnace inside the trailer) the additional pictures the manufacturer was asking for had not been sent yet. The next day our service adviser finally recreated the smell from the furnace but could not say what the cause was as he was not a tech. Four days later (now 8 days after the promise date) still nothing had been addressed with regards to the cause of the smell and the additional pictures for the heater repair had still not been taken for the manufacturer, essentially it sat for a whole week with nothing being done on it. It wasn't until a week and a half after the promise date that the additional pictures were taken and sent to the manufacturer, but we didn't find out about that for yet another week (because trying to get anyone in service to answer the phone or call you back at this CW is almost impossible). It was a Friday when we finally heard the manufacturer had not responded to the pics for a whole week so when I tried to contact the manufacturer and got no call back I had to wait till Monday (today, 4/2/18) to try again (still had to leave another vm).

We are now up to today (4/2/18) and I am still waiting to hear from someone regarding our repairs. It has now been almost a month since we dropped it off for repairs, and 20 days after their promise date. If this is how they treat urgent repairs on live in units purchased from them that came back less than 2 weeks after picking it up, I would really hate to see how long their non-urgent repairs take.

Overall, the lack of communication and lack of even getting the pictures to the manufacturer to attempt to shorten the repair time make this possibly the worst service experience I have had yet. At this point in time I would recommend you buy carefully when you purchase your trailer (at least in this area), I don't know if the small privately owned repair places can do warranty work but the larger places that sell trailers and do repairs will often only take those they have sold (or, in the case of CW, if you didn't buy from them you are months out to even get an appointment then who knows how long till it's back). So how long repairs take on your trailer may be a factor in where you decide to purchase.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Sales department.

I didn't like: Service department.

Comments