map-marker Rahway, New Jersey

Company is ***

We bought a 23 ft 2020 Coleman camper lantern the windows leaked and I purchased it and they still leak after they replaced the two back windows I had to hire an outside guy to come in and redo all my windows then they claim that I needed to redo my roof and the guy used to redo my windows told me there's nothing wrong with my roof just to add an coat of av protector to my roof so I get longer life out of my roof which I'm going to have done this spring.

User's recommendation: Stay away

map-marker Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Unacceptable Resolution over a year!

Not even worthy of a star!

The experience with the Manassas Virginia Camping World and Corporate office of Marcus Lemonis has been absolutely awful! The lack of urgency to resolve the issues, lack of respect and complete discrimination towards paying customers is disgusting!

We purchased a used RV in October 2022 and are in the resolution stages of an issue which was to be repaired shortly after purchasing.

Just today, November 21, 2023, over a year, we have come to a resolution, however still not a happy customer!

During our test drive, prior to purchasing, we experienced a death wobble while driving on Sudley Manor Dr. The entire unit shook violently. We were all in shock and terrified. The salesman was at a loss for words and upon return to dealership, shared the experience with his DM.

With that said we were told if purchased the death wobble, along with a few minor repairs (back up lights, etc.) the issues will be fixed. This was October 2022. Long story short, our RV was in the care of Camping World from November 2022 to May 2023 when we picked it up and still experienced the death wobble! During November 2022 to May 2023 the communications with the DM, head of service department and the service department was total disrespect, turned to be signs of discrimination.

Our RVs issue was not a major concern or priority. We reached out to corporate, Marcus Lemonis office and felt we would get the assistance needed. Well we were wrong. We went through months of spotty communication, 2 case managers, a supervisor manager and then a regional manager got involved in September 2023.

We continuously went back and forth and waited weeks to get responses. Once a letter was sent stating we were done with trying to resolve the death wobble issue and expected a refund for our vehicle, things started moving, slowly! Camping World promised to fix the issue and was responsible for finding mechanics to do just that. They did send it to 2 locations between November 2022 and May 2023, however decided not to go with the recommended fix and use in house mechanic to replace king pins and motherboard.

, which did not fix the issue. After picking RV up and still experiencing issue and waiting for communication from Camping World Manassas and corporate, we took our RV to a mechanic over 40 miles away. Remember we still have the death wobble and our safety as well as the other drivers on the road are in jeopardy. We received an estimate from the mechanic and corporate states they will only cover half of the estimate.

Not acceptable for us. The longevity to come to a conclusion to fix the death wobble, the disrespect and discrimination to only cover partial is crazy. So we now go another month to resolve with corporate and the Regional Market Manager is now getting involved. We have a scheduled meeting to discuss payment of estimate and the treatment and of course 10 minutes into waiting for the meeting, we are told it needs to be rescheduled.

So with numerous calls and emails after no communication as to date of rescheduled meeting, we finally get a call, Nov. 21, 2023 to have said meeting, without the Regional Market Manager. The proposed resolution was Camping World will cover full estimate with us the customer signing a release stating all and any other issues are null and void. The human resource issue with the disrespect, discrimination and amount of time to correct this issue will not be looked at other than in house as a training opportunity for employees.

Camping World felt no compensation was needed.

Wow!

So I do not recommend purchasing or dealing with Camping World at all and especially the Manassas VA location!

If youre not happy, Im not happy.. - Marcus Lemonis.

We are not happy!

User's recommendation: To not purchase from Camping World and definitely do not deal with Manassas location.

Darlene W Ctf

They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

View more comments (1)
Alejandro L Vzv
map-marker Fort Pierce, Florida

Need to speak with a representative

We can never get anyone to call us back from your service department and weve been leaving messages to speak with a sales manager for weeks and no call back. Im selling my RV and Im trying to get my extended warranty money back and no one has contacted me.

Ive called four times since last week and no response from anyone. Its nice how fast they got our money and now that Im trying to get a refund for warranty I cant seem to get no one. And as for the parts department its even worse.

Weve been waiting for a new door for six months and no one calls us back with an answer. You people have horrible customer service.

Pros:
  • Awesome service to buy
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service

Preferred solution: My extended warranty money back because I sold

map-marker Cleburne, Texas

Purchased a new trailer

Purchased a new 2023 travel trailer in Jan. 2024...hot water tank has never worked since we purchased it on Jan 6 2024.

Even with warranty we had to pay 175.00 to have someone come out and see what the issue is.

they ordered a flow sensor part for it Jan 19 I waited 2 wks and they came out to fix it, it still is not working they said it needs new board,..Parts Ordered *APP .50\r\nWATER HEATER IS *** THROWING A CODE AFTER THE FLOW SENSOR WAS REPLACED

well it is not 2-22-24 and I just called them they said part is in I am awaiting to see if they will be out to fix it today or tomorrow, Keep in mind husband is staying in the trailer because he is working in another city so trailer is in a rv park and has been since they delivered it jan 2023 so he has been without a shower in the trailer and NO HOT WATER 41 days in a new trailer now waiting to see if this new part works. they could have purchased a new hot water tank for what they have done so far

User's recommendation: beware of Camping World TX

Kailash Ewo

| map-marker Rancho Cucamonga, California

Complain about stolen merchandise from inside my RV during a service appointment .

Camping World - Complain about stolen merchandise from inside my RV during a service...

Hello and to whom it may concern,

I dropped off my RV for service on November 1st 2023 at Camping World Riverside on Indiana ave. ( Invoice # 6319, Approval Code 083614, Customer Ref: 206****).

The service was completed and I picked up my RV on December 12, 2023.

I drove home, my wife and I took an inventory and immediately noticed missing item in the bedroom.

All items were inside a plastic storage container which we kept behind the TV in the bedroom. Items included, zip ties, tape, small flash light, glue, travel iron, scissors, command hooks, electric tape, calculator, batteries (aa,aaa, 9v, c, and d). All items valued at $159.88. Also stolen was a Bose portable wireless speaker valued at $329.00 which I kept inside my underware drawer in the bedroom.

I am requesting to be refunded for the cost of all missing items.

I submitted a letter to the service manager at Camping World, Steve Contreras who managed my service. I have a reciept for the items I replaced but can't afford cost of the Bose speaker.

Thank You, Criton McClendon, ph# 951-218-****

User's recommendation: Please take out all items of value from inside and outside your Coach prior to service.

Kiran M Nwh

View more comments (1)
Fabian L Oua

| map-marker Denver, Colorado

I haven't received my w2 can you send by email

I havent received my w2 and I know that everyone else that works at the mead location has already gotten them. Can you send it to me by email?
map-marker Port Allen, Louisiana

Pudhy Sales Manager.

Sales Manager tried to push My Wife & I into a deal. He wanted to be top dog. Also quoted wrong sales price.

User's recommendation: Stand your ground.

Daniel M Qzr

| map-marker Greensboro, North Carolina

Customer service and service department are very poor.

They have had our brand new camper since before Thanksgiving. Have made three payments never got to use.

High price junk. Paid most of it in cash. Canceled extended warranty and road side assistance three months ago still have not put that money towards my account. Poor way to do business.

They get your money then they just dont care anymore.they expect you to run the roads back and forth. They charge for everything but dont wanna pay you for your time or gas.

Would not recommend the to anyone. Spend that kind of money and it is just junk.

Cons:
  • Everything about them

Preferred solution: My camper back fixed I paid 20,000 down but still no camper.

User's recommendation: Stay far away from them. They just want your money and give you *** after they get your money.

Edwin F Abz

| map-marker Byron, Georgia

Customer and vehicle service

I bought a motorhome at Camping World in Byron, GA in April 2022. Since then, I had been at the dealer four times with only one issue fixed.

I had to stay at a hotel for two nights at my own expense while they were working on the unit, that they didnt fix after two days. When I left the dealer and I arrived at the campground only one issue was fixed. Leak on window, windshield blind, storage door, radio missing USB port and remote, and slides coming out while driving were not fixed. The license plate light cover and the outside water heater compartment are rusted.

I paid $3,995 for the paint protection. I talked to the service manager about the rust issue, and he stated that there shouldnt be rust anywhere due to the paint protection. I told him that I wanted my $3,995 back since it looks like the paint protection wasnt apply. He told me that he will talk to finance to find out what needs to be done to get refunded.

Then finance gave me a call and I explained to him the issues and that I wanted my money back. He stated that that had never happened before and that he was willing to have the protection applied to the unit. I told him that I had it with the incompetence of the dealer and that I just want my money back. He stated that I signed the contract that states no refund.

At that time, I told him that the service that I paid for was not provided and there shouldnt be an issue to return me the money since I paid for something that wasnt provided. He said, are you refusing to bring the unit here so the protection can be applied. I asked him who was going to pay for the gas for 150 miles round trip. He replied so you are refusing to bring the unit and I replied again whos paying for the gas, there was no answer from him.

The only thing that I want is the $3,995 that I paid for a service that I didnt get. I am not willing to go back to that dealer ever again after all the issues that I had with them, and my unit is still not fixed. They have three work orders open, the needed parts are on those orders, but they want me to bring the unit back so they can look at it and reorder the parts they supposed to order already. On all the purchase paperwork from the dealer states that my (Thor Hurricane 34R) is a 2022.

However, I just found out that the title states 2021. When I contacted the dealer, I was told that it could be that they used the year the chassis was built. I told him that I was sold a 2022 unit and that they need to fix the title since that came from the dealer and that I wanted my title fixed. I have not heard from the dealer on this matter as well.

I have been fixing the unit myself, but I need help to get my money back and the title fix. By the way I contacted corporate in more than two occasions and requested to talk to Mr.

Marcus Lemonis (Mr. I AM NOT HAPPY IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY) his MOTTO and that is just a MOTTO not a FACT.

Loss:
Pros:
  • There are 0 pros
Cons:
  • No customer service or reliability

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't by anything from Camping World

Laurie D Myx

Worst customer service

The people that work there are rude and dont actually want help customers. Also they dont what theyre talking about when it comes to specs about campers/towing.

User's recommendation: Shop elsewhere

Alida Ekz

| map-marker Little Rock, Arkansas

Terrible Customer Service

Do not purchase an RV from Camping World/Rv's.com. They scam and lie throughout the process. They are unable to provide documentation and only want to communicate verbally. Different people tell you different things-you are unable to communicate with anyone outside of the dealership. They even have "investigators" on staff if that tells you anything. Yet they are unable to provide documentation/paperwork

User's recommendation: Do not purchase an RV

Resolved
Takelia Yrt
map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Resolved: Don't deserve a rating

Updated by user Nov 28, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I complained a lot and management got tired of liste ing to me.

Original review Nov 21, 2023
Camping world does not deserve a rating they rating to me is in the -5 category and they do not have a minus rating here. Their customer service in following up with their guarantees is useless as tits on a bull.

We were told we would receive $29 dollars back for becoming a member that could go towards our next purchase guaranteed for a year. All we would need is our phone number for them to apply it. That did not happen. We were first told to wait by one employee because she was helping another employee with their insurance.

They are not there to do their insurance they are there to help customers. Sign on the outside says "If your happy, I am happy" this assistance did not make me very happy. When they finally got to us the discount we were told we would receive was not able to be found with our phone number. We were told they have a new system and it may not have it anymore.

New system cost tens of thousands of dollars but they can't apply the $29 we were guaranteed by the previous employee. All I can say is they are a ripoff and don't go to these *** As for their management they are even worse. They are only in it for the money.

They can take their stores and merchandise and *** on it. I hope they get satisfaction from it.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else. Anywhere else

DeNene S

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

READ YOUR FINANCE CONTRACT....

Camping World - READ YOUR FINANCE CONTRACT....
Updated by user Sep 15, 2023

Not sure

Original review Sep 14, 2023
WE WERE TOLD GOOD SAM MEMBERSHIP AND BENEFITS WERE INCLUDED IN OUR SALE. SERVICE WARRANTY, ETC.

(WE WERE NOT OTLD WE WERE PAYING FOR IT)
WE WERE SHOWED THE FRONT PAGE AND HE SAID WE GOT YOU A BETTER RATE AND OUR MONTHLY PAYMENT WENT DOWN.
HE EXTENDED OUR LOAN 40 MONTHS, ADDED $7000.00 OF STUFF WE DID NOT WANT OR NEED. I HAVE CANCELLED ALL BUT $1000. OF GOOD SAM STUFF THAT WE UNDER THE IMPRESSION OF IT BIENG PART OF THE MEMBERSHIP.
THE F AND I GUY SAID HE WOULD CANCEL THEM BUT HE DID NOT KNOW HOW AND WOULD CALL ME BACK THE NEXT DAY OR 2. ITS BEEN A WEEK AND NO PHONE CALL.
I WANT MY $1000.

OF GOOD SAM STUFF WE WONT USE. IT WILL BE EXPIRED BY THE TIME WE WILL USE IT.
WASTE OF OUR MONEY THAT WE ARE PAYING INTEREST ON.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Nice selection of campers
Cons:
  • Zack mcdonald

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR AND WHAT IT COVERS

map-marker Minneapolis, Minnesota

We got screwed again by Camping World and thought we were careful!

We have been fighting with them now for almost a month trying to get money owed to us. The finance person never even went over the numbers after being there for over 6 hours waiting for the "decision" on our credit we were worn out and exhausted and finally were told we were approved but the finance rate which they can ADD too and make more profit was so high.

We didn't even see the numbers on the paper until I looked the next day those papers were turned upside down and we were only given what we needed to sign and we had to hurry so we could get our trailer back to them for trade in. They added to the sales price of our purchase and we keep hearing about how there is so much in refunds coming about $4500 but it is a month now and we haven't seen anything and it really depends on who you talk with to determine what you are told. One finance person said well you didn't get paint protection so you could get a refund or we could redo it but we never wanted it and it was $1495 so pls send money, they never cleaned it or did anything to it yet did they charge for cleaning?!!We figure we are out about $6000 and of course they don't owe us anything... the finance person won't talk to us on the phone about it we have to go in and we have called multiple times and even showed up the following Monday after we bought on Saturday but then it couldn't be dealt with either.

The first time it was a trailer we bought one from Hugo Camping world they let water leak because they never checked it the mgr took responsibility for it until we called corporate and then they did not do it. We traded it in it was only a month old the damage was under the sink and the shower floor had to be replaced but no refund at all. NOTHING. In fact we took a HUGE bath on the trade in we didn't want it it was what we wanted until it was needing repairs and having to have things replaced.

So we traded it in and lost aLOT of $$$$ once again and ended up getting screwed so this time we thought we were pretty careful. We did NOT want to go there for anything but found a pretty good deal and thought we will be careful. They are SO GOOD at what they do tell you anything mix up the numbers never get back to you about anything at all. We were told we were going to hear back from our Credit union and they would let us know we could then rewrite it and refinance but called the credit union never got an application at all and the rate we got from them was almost 2 points higher.

But then came the promise of well I will help you refinance... just get us our $6k back we will refinance on our own. You can be warned and warned they have a nice variety of trailers etc but pls know that you will lose your A___ if you go there we did and we never even were told anything they did not do our paint protection yet we can't get our $1495 back they won't refund our money and say we owe for batteries and misc we never agreed to pay or buy batteries from them but were charged $600 for 2 and then misc we were told there was a list but there is not any list.

We got *** so save yourself go anywhere but here. IT is as slippery as it comes no matter which Camping world you go too plan on getting screwed over for as much money as possible and then you won't be disappointed when it happens to you too.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY!! LISTEN SAVE YOURSELF GO ELSEWHERE ALWAYS!

Jazz S Rlz

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Saint Augustine, Florida

SORRY SERVICE, DANGEROUS EVEN

Camping World - SORRY SERVICE, DANGEROUS EVEN
Camping World - SORRY SERVICE, DANGEROUS EVEN - Image 2

Assisted by Vinny/Spenser/Pete of St. Augustine.

They replaced my awning. The whole awning casing simply fell off the rv at camp-if it had come off while driving, I may have injured or killed others on the highway. Had to lift a 150 lbs casing into the rv. They argued that they had done good a good job.

In 15 years of RVing this has never happened to anybody -nowhere! In that same service request, they were ask to repair the generator, they took 3 hours of labor to replace a $25 air filter. I say again, IT TOOK THEM 3 HOURS TO REPLACE AN AIR FILTER, charged me $509.

There are no nuts, screws or difficulty in opening or getting to this filter on Onan 2300 lp unit. It takes 1.5 minutes to do.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Are everywhere
Cons:
  • Service and lack of concern to customer

Preferred solution: Price reduction