filters
State:
City:
Product:
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World - They tell you over the phone $600.00 then sticks you with $764.00 bill

Update by user Aug 30

Hadn't been

Update by user Aug 30

Make your price repairs put in writing or you will get it in the end. {{Redacted}}

Original review posted by user Aug 30

They tell you one amount on repairs then charge you a different amount she told me it would be $600 on the phone the next time they call they come up with a bill of $764.00
Review
Cons
  • All kinds
Reason of review
Tell you one price and charge another
Price reduction
  • Repairs And Customer Service

Resolved: Camping World in Milford, Massachusetts - Payment

Update by user Aug 29

It took 80 plus days to get paid for my motorhome they sold. Also took 3 checks because they kept trying to short me.

Thanks to your site I was able to get to the correct person up the chain . So they couldn’t ignore me.Thanks Bill

Original review posted by user Jul 30

It’s been almost a week since the general manager called and admitted that mistakes were made. He said he would get right back to me with the solution. He ignored me till he got a message from his boss. Still waiting!!!!

i completely get bein pissed wen u dont have way round really sux

Problems with payment

Resolved: Camping World in Deer Creek, Ohio - Dissatisfied

4.0

Update by user Oct 19

Done

Update by user Jul 29

After re-evaluating the service, other than the long process of getting my Title, they were very helpful in resolving this issue, so i want to say, they do care considerable for their customer, and disregard any other statements I made out of haste or impatience. Have a Great Day!

Update by user Jul 20

I've tried several times and ways to find out where my Title and Tax refund are, and I don't get any response. I won't buy from them ever gain.

Original review posted by user Jul 20

They countered my $11,000 offer for a Coleman trailer with $11,888, which I accepted. When I got there, they had changed the price to the internet ad price, costing me additional $1000, then they added another $2000 in extras, prep fees, (Joke), and Good Sam Elite for 3 years. I ended up around $14,900. They said I would get the tax refunded, so I could register it in Michigan, and I've yet to get my Title for the trailer. These people don't give a Damn about you after the sale. Please Stay Away from these CROOKS!
WrongHumboldtPenguin

All Done!

Review
Pros
  • We got along well with our salesman
Cons
  • Disrespect for customers
Poor customer service
$2000
Price reduction
  • camping Trailers
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Kissimmee, Florida - Our First Travel Trailer has been our Nightmare

Update by user Jun 28

I wish I could elaborate, however due to legal contracts I can only say it has been resolved.

Update by user Jun 28

This nightmare is now behind us. Thank GOD! The issue has been resolved.

Original review posted by user May 29

Long story, tried to shorten... We purchased a New 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 339BHTS from CW May 2018. We first used it July 2. The AC caught fire within a few weeks of use. The circut breaker malfunction. The fridge didnt keep cold, the fascia was falling apart, tap lights broke, tank sensors malfunctioned, electric jack stand switch malfunctioned, emergency window started leaking, decals bubbling off, the center island started leaking, we found mold under both dinettes in the slideouts, and behind the walls in both slideouts. The roof had screws protruding through the membrane. We needed a whole new roof. Camping World took our unit in January 19th. The roof repair was supposed to take a week and a half. They got it done in 3 days! It certainly looks like it was done quickly for sure. We have been in contact with Starcraft about all these work orders, and with Camping World. Its been over 5 months that we have had not had access to our camper, as it is still in the shop waiting on more parts, growing more mold, and us still making camper payments for a camper we can't use! Starcraft admitted we shouldn't accept our camper with the terrible roof job that was done by Camping World., and said Camping World should redo it, and Starcraft will not pay for the redo. Both companies have terrible customer service. They could have built a brand new unit in the amount of time they have had ours in the shop. Now what they did fix, they have to redo after finding all the mold behind the walls after their did the initial repairs.

Resolved: Camping World in Salt Lake City, Utah - Poor customer service

1.3

Update by user Jun 27

problem fixed

Original review posted by user May 28

Purchased a 2018 Thor Vegas in June of 2018. After a test drive of approx 5 miles we paid cash for the motorhome. After our first trip found numerous problems,made an appointment for warranty work to be performed. problems fixed after a long wait for Thor to approve the repairs. Stored vehicle for the winter. Took vehicle out for trip in April. While on trip noticed awing was loose from the side of the coach,also several blag bolts had fallen out. Took the coach back to camping world in Salt Lake City. Also had several more simple items to fix(bathroom door,cabinet doors not aligned,sewer hose holder door fell off). Took it in on Monday any was told it would be ready on Wednesday. It was't ready for a week and half later,when I questioned the service advisor and he said he never said it would be ready at that time(I was lying) meanwhile I had to cancel an appointment to have the front aligned. Don't buy Thor or anything from Camping World.
TMC-TEAM007

Thank you for sharing this experience. Our Customer Support team can be reached directly at 877-855-2867 (Mon-Thurs.8-5 and Fri.8-4) or you can email me at TMCTeam@tmcrv.com.

You can also message me the last 8 of your VIN, Phone number and Email, and I can then have a customer support team member contact you. Thor Motor Coach Team

Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Syracuse, New York - VERRY DISAPPOINTED (BECAREFULL)

5.0

Update by user Jan 28

i was advised they would supply the correct new 30 pound propane tanks so all is well

Original review posted by user Jan 27

very disappointed in in this place !!! just bought a used 27 foot travel trailer set a time to pick it up when arrived the trailer was still outside in the snow waited over an hour to have them bring it inside it was covered in road grime and salt spray ,2 inches of snow on roof so i could not check the condition they couldn't even have the thought fullness to wash it off !!! also was supposed to have 2 new full propane tanks when i removed the cover and checked on site they were empty and not the correct 30 Pound tanks they put little 20 pound tanks these are not correct for a camper that size even the manufacture states 2-30 pound tanks, also it was inspected and passed when i got home i noticed the 2 rear tires are wore out on the inside from a bent axle or over load was also told the wheel bearings were repacked this was. Not true as I disassembled all 4 hubs had old baked on grease in the hubs and old seal's still waiting for a return call from the manager as of 1-26-19 will update just be-careful when you buy from this place
Review
Cons
  • Switching propaine tanks to save money
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
supply 2 new full 30 pound tanks like the trailer came with look at the specs giving 20 pound tanks to save a $$ is totaly wrong i will give you the other 2 small taks back to you i will buy the replacemen tires myself they should not have passed inspecti
  • Camping World Customer Service
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Hamburg, New York - Trying to Cancel Extended Warranty

2.0

Update by user Nov 14, 2018

I had to go into Camping World and talk with a manager but finally able to cancel and received refund.

Original review posted by user Oct 15, 2018

I’ve called multiple times and gave my information and email. I have yet to receive and email with what is needed to cancel the warranty since I’ve traded in the camper I’ve purchased.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Resolved: Camping World - Update: Response to my email

Update by user Sep 08, 2018

I hope the problem with the refrigerator has been fixed. We picked our camper up yesterday.

All fees were dropped because “we had to wait so long” to get our camper back. We will take the camper out next week, and hope all is well with it. We bought and dealt with Camping World in Oxford/Anniston, Alabama.

We traveled over an hour to buy from them. I advise that no one buy from this company!!

Original review posted by user Sep 05, 2018

I took your advise an emailed the company. Within an hour I received a phone call from Travis. Travis said he wasn’t working Tuesday, so he couldn’t have been the one who hung up on me. I told him my husband actually asked who he was speaking to, and was told it was Travis. Travis then said he was there for about 30 minutes, but doesn’t recall speaking to either of us. Travis said he will speak to Gary, the service manager, and he will give us a call also. I actually called one day and left Gary a message and had asked him to return my call. Maybe he will return it today... a month later.

Why respond as "Anonymous?"

What was the issue ? You never stated.

Business should be handled in writing ; never calls, text messages, or e-mails. Serve all of your correspondence via Certified Mail return receipt requested.

Accept no telephone calls, text messages, or e-mails ; you need an ironclad legally admissible timeline of your troubles. That would be the day I'd sit on my hands while actionable time is wasting away waiting for a telephone call which isn't going to arrive and wouldn't be any good anyhow.

EarsplittingMinkeWhale299
@Anonymous

In my original post I said we had taken the camper back because the refrigerator wasn’t working. Thanks for the info.

I hope to never have this problem again, but if so, I will heed your advise. I have kept running notes of all calls, voice messages, returned calls dates/time/ persons, and responses.

View more comments (2)
Poor customer service

Resolved: Camping World in Hendersonville, North Carolina - 3 Campers Putchased

3.7

Update by user Jul 08, 2018

GM called to discuss.

Original review posted by user Jul 06, 2018

After 110k with 1 sales guy, you think he could be of assistance post sale, not AJ. As far as service, silence breeds anamosity. Not good, scheduled service 30 days in advance, left camper there, after 7 days did not even start issue list, now want me to live in mechanic shop, what *** serviceWtfWtf
Order processing issue

All Camping World Contacts

Latest Question

Camping World Questions
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Chichester, New Hampshire - THE MEANING BUYER BEWARE IS MEANT FOR HERE. RUN DONT WALK

1.1

Update by user Jul 23, 2018

Since the General manager in the NH site basically total me to tuff i contacted Marcus Lemonis CEO and told him the story. He sent my information to the regional people and wanted a resolution.

I heard immediately from the general managerat the NH store and he asked me how He could get me to go away and stop emailing corporate. I told him the same thing I wanted before and that was for him to buy me out of my trailer that they destroyed and to be a responsible manager. We agreed on a price and they bought me out of my trailer plus he agreed to take back the cover to the camper that was never used. I wrote back to Mr Lemonis thanking him and advising him that I do not believe Matt should be the manager in any place in the organization.

He was the apitomy of the term used car sales person.

He has no social skills and is not a good representation of his company. If anyone else has trouble email Marcus@campingworld.com

Original review posted by user Jun 23, 2018

In May 2017 husband and I wanted to upgrade and have have always bought our campers at campers inn but the model we wanted was at campers world. We talked to a salesman Jim who was great. We traded in our Rockwood Roo and ofcourse didnt get the best for it but that's life. We bought a Autium Right 38 foot premier model with rear kitchen. Paid for the usual but after leaving the sales department nothing was usual. Paid for the inspection and work around service $380 got there that day to pick it up and it was raining so the guy who did the walk around to teach us about the trailer didnt open the awning because it was raining. Guess what didnt work when we took it home and opened it. Received the title to the trailer in the wrong names, both recyliners were ripped and table all scratched. Took months and so many unanswered calls to get them but we did. We were told to bring it back in October for all the Here is the fun part, NOT. In October we bring it back and make the list of all the repairs needed and winterizing. We call and call and call and get no response about what the progree is on our trailer. In January husband and I had to drink ve up to NH to physically be in someones face. Our trailer had not ever been moved from the spot. We were told the are waiting for warranty and the blah blah blah begins. We were told that there was not enough help people leaving right and left and the ones who were left were doing jobs not trained for. We leave thinking our trip up there would get something done. We were fools. We call February, March April nothing. I finally get this call from a Nate or Nathanial if your mad at him he said an he promised to get to the bottom of this and call me back. BS again another BS setvice person telling you your number one. ( Nathanial is new to this campers World) Here is the best part of all times. In April I get a call from Bridget ( very nice but is the person who had to call) tell me during the winter a tree fell on my trailer but no worries they are going to fix it. It just needs a ladder and they covered it. They dont know when it happened but they noticed it when they pulled it in to fix the awning( In April). I still havent learned at this point beleve nothing they say I waited and called and called and called. Again in May my husband and I drive the hour and half to go there because NO ONE CALLS YOU BACK. I get there and ask for the manager Matt. He cones down and we go over everything and we look at the trailer damage and warranty repairs that have not been. I look at the trailer damage and no way a tree hit our trailer, our trailer hit a tree. Plaistic is over the ladder so I couldnt see much and he again gves the good setvice speech that they will fix it and he will personally make it better and he cant believe this happened but he is new there and will fix everything. I will never learn. So my husband and I leave. Now its June, camping season is in full bloom, we lost our seasonal camping site because we have no trailer and of course we call our good Buddy Matt who was going to make sure eve rything was done. NEVER ANSWERED MY CALLS on his personal work voice mails. June 22 my husband again go up to campers world and ask for Matt but for some reason the store manager isnt around but I had called gefore I went and he was in today. I was met by Jordan ( great person she had left and came back if the company was smart they would clone her and never left her go) she brought my husband and I to Jed (who is new to campers world ) He said pretty much what the others said but he asked to give him a chance nd what did we want. He promised he would call me the next day to let us know what he had found. The ladder wasnt in yet and they had know idea when but we cant take the trailer because it has not been repaired ( End of June they have now had it for nine months and i have lost this camping season) I saved the best for last . At this point my husband and I went to our trailer to clean it out of our belongs because at this point it is unrepairable to us because we bought a new camper not a damaged one. We find mouse *** and ants everywhere. I have never in all my years of camping ever had mice or ants. This wasnt just a few dropping this was an infestation of ants and mouse *** I climbed up on the ladder that was only crushed at the top to find it was not just tye ladder there was rips and holes dents. None on these holes had been covered to protect it from the weather or the mice and ants from getting in. They only through a piece of plastic over the ladder which protected nothering. Since we have no idea how long the so call tree hit the trailer i has been the way for nine months. No wonder there are mice and ants nested there. I go back into the trailer and bang on the walls near the ladder and roof damage and tjousands of ants come out of the walls. Im sure there is water and mold there also. BTW While we were down cleaning our camper one of the guys who run the machines that pull the trailers was spinning in the boo cat and hit a cement light pole right in front of my husband and I. Hummmmm tree fell So I walked back in and showed Jordan these pictures and how I need to get my insurance company involved now because I dont trust anything or anyone at campers world to do anything right . I paid $29,000.00 dollars for brand new 2017 trailer that is worth nothing now all because of the poor management and systems in place at the Chichester, New Hampshire Campers World. Waiting to hear from Jed today. I will let you know how very sorry they are. If anyone has suggestions for me to contact also other than corporate ( who Im sure is well aware of whats going on here) , Attorney General, BBB, to solve this please let me know. At this point I want them to buy it back from me because its worthless to me and has cost me a camping season. PS: I want to say even though I think this campers worls should be avoided like the plaque their are people like Jordan and Bridget who do try but they are not the corporation and they are the same nes who have the power to gix it. PSS To the poor reception people that had to lie to us because Matt ( The Store Manager) didn't want to bother with us because he didnt follow through I do apologize that you had do what you were told. It wont let me upload picture! Sorry but if you want to see them contact me I will send them

Wish I had read this review before getting involved with Camping World Chichester. Our situation is a similar ongoing nightmare. There are a few decent people here but I totally agree Matt is not a good example of a GM who could care less about customers.

Review
Cons
  • Lack of management responsibility
Reason of review
Noy allows you to check off one management, service, defective, warrany
Full refund