filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Pissed Consumer Interviews ?

I purchased an RV from CW in Katy, TX. I paid for the unit in cash, every cent... In order to do this, I cashed out my 401k, Pension & all Savings I had or ever will again. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE, I WAS FORCED TO SELL THE UNIT IN LESS THAN ONE YEAR POST PURCHASE DUE TO C.O., POISONING, FALSE ADVERTISING, HEAVY WARDROBE DRAWERS BECOMING UNHINGED, FALLING & HITTING ME IN THE HEAD, ENSEN FELL OFF THE REAR LADDER WHICH HAD LATER BEEN DETERMINED TO BE SOLDERED AS A BANDAID RESOLVE POST SNAPPING OFF, RENDERING HIM UNCONSCIOUS & HOSPITALIZED, PLUS TOO MUCH MORE! Camping World was knowingly negligent with no regard for human life, NOT TO MENTION, I NOW LIVE IN MY TENT!
Bought a unit from them and was convinced to close on a Sunday and pick up the following week. They agreed to have me pick up on a Thursday. Did not clean. Did not do paint treatment. Did not fix anything we addressed and have continually been rude to me and do not follow thru with complaints. Also please nstalled was her and left hoses loose installed residential grade dryer vent left shipping bolts in it and didn’t have dryer vent hose hooked up damaged trim around closet. So I requested a return of my money on all the service plans and they are fighting me on it. There is more if you can contact me.
In September 2016 I purchased a 2017 Fuzion 420 at Camping world in Council Bluffs Iowa. I had purchased parts for my Country Coach from them and didn't have issues so thought I would buy the Fuzion. (Big Mistake) First it had blotches on the skirts, the camera monitor was missing, the latch was gone from the shower door was the visible items. I Told them and they said they would take care of it. I also told the sales manager that the trailer was filthy and he said it would be cleaned and polished while we do the paperwork. (I believed him) We where going to load it and leave for North Carolina at 6:00 am the next morning. Well after spending more time trying to sell the extended protection package and telling me how great I am he forgot to tell me that the trailer would not be clean or at least the latch put on the shower. I took it anyway and when we returned three days later I called to schedule an appointment to get the items fixed with a new list. After 2 1/2 months and many lies like we have done all but the skirts because they came in wrong from the manufacturer to every other excuse you could imagine. I called the general manager Chris and let him know of my dissatisfaction . He said he will look into it and have the trailer cleaned properly while it's in there and also said we sell FUN here. I then went in to see the trailer and my contact wasn't there so I asked another service man if I could see my unit and he actually said why? Any way I did look at it and some of the items where complete but not all as I was led to believe. I called the service guy in charge of my account (Jason) the next day and asked him if he had a work order to clean the trailer and of coarse he said no but would clean it anyway so there fore Chris lied to me. The next thing that happened after I had called numerous time was they said the skirt came in and they would install it on Tuesday and if I could wait till Thursday am they would clean and detail it, I said that would be fine. My girl took off early on Thursday to go with me just to find out it wasn't close to being done and Jason apologized and said he would make sure it was ready the next day (some of the skirt hadn't been replaced as they led me to believe), I told him it was upsetting as I drove 40 minutes to get there as well as my girl took time off also. I decided to wait till afternoon on Friday to give them more time and guess what no it still wasn't done and now it has *** in the front fiber glass. Jason just said when it rains it pours!!! He said they would get it done and fix the hole and I could get it the following week. I just told him to hook it up and get it out front and I was leaving with it. They brought it out about 30 minutes later and now I have been there 3 1/2 hours to find out the battery was dead which means they didn't keep it plugged in. I have e-mailed corporate and never received a response so I sent a pour review to our Camping World in question to not get a response from them either. The hole is still in the front after they (Jason) told me he would sent there tech to my farm and repair it. I just told them and am telling you I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CAMPING WORLD HERE AGAIN!!!!!! I don't like being LIED to. If you would like dates or more info please including pics contact me as I won't lie. Terry Buchholz 402-681-7074
I know this is probably not the best way to get this information to you, however when I have asked for your email address and contact information it has been refused to me. I would like to inform you that my most recent purchase with CAMPING WORLD (MERIDIAN,ID) has...
ReasonableTapir664

I agree. I will never buy anything from Camping World nor Gander Mountain because they're the same POS Company.

Review
#812088 Review #812088 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Loy howard
2.4
Avoid Camping World Chicago/Island Lake/Wauconda!
In May of 2015 I purchased a brand new 2016 Thor Chateau camper from Camping World "Chicago" which is actually in Wauconda, IL. I should have heeded all the red flags and walked away from the deal, but my family really wanted the camper. Below is a basic timeline of...

They don't honor their warranty.

Review
Pros
  • First 2 hours when we cut the deal
  • dishonest
  • Beware Of Service Qoutes

Update by user Jul 11, 2017

Golden/Denver Camping World finally got the camera about June 27 - weeks ago. They made an appointment for us to bring our motorhome in, and after a week of not hearing from them, we went in on July 3 and were informed that it hadn't been looked at yet! We were told...

Camping World doesn't just take advantage of the elderly! They take advantage of anyone that is on the property.

If only I had known about this organization before I bought from them!

Now I tell anyone and everyone that asked about my RV. DO NOT BUY FROM CAMPING WORLD!!!

Let the company propose a solution
  • Camping World Houston
  • Camping World in Katy Texas

DO NOT BUY A RV FROM CAMPING WORLD

2.5
I PURCHASED A BRAND NEW 2016 RV WHICH AS YOU KNOW IF NOT CHEAP. I ALSO PURCHASED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR PEACE OF MIND. TWO WEEKS AFTER HAVING THE RV AND ONE ROAD TRIP MY NAVIGATION SYSTEM, HAUDRALIC STEPS STOPPED WORKING AS WELL AS SOME OTHER MINOR ISSUES. THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT HAD MY RV FOR WEEKS AND NEVER CONTACTED ME. I CONTINUOUSLY CALLED THEM AND FINALLY THEY ORDERED THE PART. APPRX. 5 WEEKS LATER I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD NOT COVER OR FIX MY STEPS AS THERE WAS DAMAGE. I SAID YES THERE IS BUT THAT IS BECAUSE THE SYSTEM WENT DOWN WHILE MY STEPS WERE OUT. WHAT DID THEY EXPECT ME TO DO, STAY AT MY LOCATION? THEY ARGUED WITH ME AND WOULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THIS. I BELIEVE ALL OF US SHOULD GET A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS. THERE ARE SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND HOW THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF. ONCE THEY SELL A PRODUCT THEY FALL APART COMPLETELY AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL.
ShallowLeopard223

I would be in on that as well

SlipperyCaracal497

I will jump on board with this. They have had our brand new camper for5 months we purchased it in July of last year.

No one calls we always call and keep getting the run around. It was all inside work that needed to be done. Now they are saying they are waiting on a decal. A decal.

The only decals on my camper are outside.

Did the MFrs hit my camper and instead of telling us are trying to hide it and fix it. So done they can buy this thing back.

DoubleDog

Pure BS - Unverified and Misleading https://www.spreaker.com/episode/18080384 https://youtu.be/Nu7LmIaRl2E

IntentBoxerDog

Yes we are in

MinorBulldog815
@IntentBoxerDog

I am in also....nothing but problems from day 1...air conditioning broken for the 2nd summer...looking at another summer without my camper and a paid for seasonal prime campspot...I'm PISSED is an understatement

MinorSunBear
@MinorBulldog815

I am in the process of doing just that. However, I am required to submit a sizeable number of complainants in order for a Class to be considered.

In the event you are truly interested in resolving your issue, please click on the following link, join, copy and paste your issue to post. Once the Class criteria are met, I believe a filing should follow.

However, it is imperative to note my understanding is CWH will be filing BK shortly and as such, timing is of utmost importance. https://www.facebook.com/groups/683065868835043/

AbashedSalmon

Yes We are in! Please contact us!

elliott-amy@att.net We purchased a 2019 Shadow Cruiser in January, the day after we got it as I was pulling in the slide out a rod broke and went through the side of the paneling. We immediately called Camping World. The Camping World who was sooo helpful with selling us the trailer wasn't able to help us. They would call us Monday.

Well Monday came and went, no call. We ended up calling them again. Little did we know that they only return calls if you are interested in purchasing something from them. Anyway, we had to end up hiring a tow truck to get it to our camping world here in Bakersfield.

We ended up finding so many issues with this trailer. Issues from pinched wiring on our braking system, to broken and rusted welds on the frame, rusted nuts and bolts, the ball hitch pin was broken, missing screws from the side skirting and the jay brackets underneath, the stabilizing jacks were rusted and corroded, the door to the trailer wouldn't shut properly, I could go on and on. After all of these issues we requested a new trailer from camping world, but they refused saying these things were repairable and would not affect the safety or use of the trailer. The repair guy at the Camping World in Bakersfield had to wait weeks to get approval for work on the faulty trailer.

At the initial purchase Dave in finance, will talk you into this Good Sam warranty. Per Dave that guarantees speedy and thorough repairs. That was a complete joke and not true. After months of repairs, we picked it up last Friday and left on our first trip.

We had another issue this morning bringing in the slide out, but we were finally successful. As we were headed home as we were entering the freeway the braking system locked up flipping the trailer on its side. We had our children in the truck with us that almost flipped over because of this faulty trailer. We completely understand that this is a manufactured item that is sold by camping world, but the condition that the trailer was sold in is a Camping World Problem.

We have went back and forth over the last two months with Camping World in Fresno. They have been the absolute worst. About two weeks after the initial problem they stopped returning all calls. Even calling many times to talk with the general manager, Jay he has not ever returned our call.

Geoff the sales man is a complete joke, call me anytime he said as we left with the trailer. Send your friends my way. Ummm, not going to happen. We have called him many times as well and of course no call back.

We filed a complaint with corporate office, they said someone would contact us within a few days. Guess what, no call. So a week later we called them back, informing them nobody had contacted us. At that point a higher up person in camping world was supposed to call us.

Guess what we still haven't heard from them, maybe they might call us back now?? We will see. I am sure we will not be getting a call back on this one either.

Thank the lord nobody was hurt. #campingworld #shadowcruiser #campingtrailer #forestriver #campingworldfresno

I too would like to take part in class action. In 2012 sold me a used RV, it was/is great !

also sold me service warranty package, over $3,000.00 knowing I was going to park it permanently at an RV park with 50 miles, even told me some of their staff lived in the area! When we called because the compressor had gone out of our full sized refrigerator, they told us we would have to "bring the RV in to have it serviced", because "we do not service that area". They sold us the service warranty service package damn well knowing they did not service the campground where it was parked..... even though it was only 50 miles away and they had service people who lived in the area !!

I contact the VP of Camping World 3 times to try to settles this and never got a reply !! I want my money back !!!

SO COUNT ME IN !!!!!!! Madison Height, Virginia

Count me in for a class action lawsuit. Add me to the I got screwed by Camping World list. moreohiminmylife@aol.com.

Would love to take part in this suit! Brand new 2018 fifth wheel.

Had for few weeks. Ac broken. Molding coming undone. Now 2 months later stepped on nail in carpet from underbelly.

Toilet broken. Doors coming off cabinets. They are eager to sell and great with response but once purchased..... silence.

No return calls. Sales guy “Peter “ from Harrisburg PA says sorry to hear that.

When you spend 85000 on trailer to live in, should not be a POS as soon as you have it delivered!!!!! Hiring attorney today!!!

@Anonymous

If u start class action I would join

@Liz

Me too! I have a 2016 travel trailer that is a piece of junk! CW is useless.

@Anonymous

Harrisburg service sucks the act like you bought a candy bar instead of a $100,000 RV. They tell you everything they can not to work on your camper.

Very dishonest bunch of people. We bought the paint and fabric warranty as they call it and they didn’t even do it.

We figured it out like three weeks later and they said “ All were sorry it must have gotten over looked” so we had to take it to Roanoke Va to have it done because we lived out of state. Overlooked RIGHT!!!!!

HarshImpala
@Mike

There's really no such thing as paint or fabric protection. This is just another money maker like shipping and doc fees for the dealership. I know this to be a fact because I use to work at a dealership.

@HarshImpala

@Anonymous

I agree with all the pissed off people about Camping World and how they drop the customer like a hot potato once you drive off their lot for repairs...I would gladly be a part of a Class suit against them...I am now trying to get Dutchmen to help...after 2 days, still no contact from them as I faxed a complaint to them.

Has anyone found a lawyer to take care of this we are looking for one as well

@Cassondra Hay

Contact me. Leekmbrly319@gmail.com. I have one who will probably love to hear your issues with Camping World as well!

Yes im having issues with them as well they dont call back there promises is worthless i am thinking of getting a lawyer

We are having a big issue with them right now. We are in Tucson, Arizona and am also one pissed off customer.

Is there a class action against them. I also want to know

Earlier this year I bought a toy hauler from your Anniston AL. location.

Within that sale, it was agreed that an additional electric awning would be installed on the back door. After months of going around and around with negotiations and scheduling, it was finally installed. When I picked up the unit, it was a manual awning and not electric. After speaking with the collision manager, he said he would order the electric awning and install when it came in (never heard back from him).

The next weekend we took the unit out on a trip. After opening up the added wrong awning it lasted about 2 hours and fell off the camper. Camping World in Anniston was notified of the problem.

I was told that the problem would be taking care of and now I can’t seem to get anyone to call or email me back with a resolution. Do I really need to get a lawyer involved just to get what I paid for?

I would like information on a class action against camping world should one begin for SLC site in 2017. Mcdflory@gmail.com

Lawsuit going to happen I'm in on that

Camping world is the worst I've ever done business with. Service is very bad.

@Rick Davis

They are for sure a bunch of disrespectful group of people I have ever encountered.

Camping world of Raleigh is the same way the service is The poor service that I have ever seen dealing with any vehicles at all they will not answer a phone return your phone calls the warty they sale that will cover everything in the camper they say absolutely sucks

Totally agree. I have been having an extremely difficult time with Camping World of Syracuse.

We bought our camper late winter 2017 and have had nothing but problems since. They don't fix what they say they will fix, don't return phone calls and genuinely just don't care about their customers.

@MtLion

Trust me, its not only the customers that theyre indifferent about; its also those that work there. Im a Sales Associate at a southern location and I hate the way they treat customers.

Many sales associates would love to help get the issues resolved, but we have little to no power in actually assisting in the issue. Thus, the sales people come across as indifferent which is often not the case. The reality is that the administrations tie the hands of the employees and feed them misinformation to make a sale ASAP. Not only are customers subject to the abuse; so are thr employees.

Me and nearly all of my coworkers have consistently had hundreds of dollars swindled from every single one of our paychecks. I will not go through it all, but what I can say is that the company as a corp is totally crooked.

The sales people, however, are often honest and well intentioned. They just have their hands tied.

Count me in. We bought A brand new voltage and have issue after issue.

Customer service sucks.

Why do you have to end up yelling at people to get anything done. It isn't untill you mention lawyer that something gets done.

@Rita

I know, they will get my blood pressure boiling. They have no respect for customers.

#1462096

Kingston NY Camping world .. Sold camper (2018) and had warranty issues.

NEVER returned calls . Will be contacting a lawyer as well.

#1462097

Was sold a camper that is a 2018

We’ve purchased brand new RV in dec 2016 and have had many service problems and now a leak. We would be interested in class action.

Horrible customer service. We purchased our BRAND NEW camper May 2017.

We have been waiting for NINE months to have warranty issues resolved. My husband and I would be interested in the class action lawsuit.

We would like to be added to the lawsuit. We were told our sales tax would be included.

But, when they sent it to M&T Bank they wrote it up as if the $1500 was for transportation fees and the walk through.

No mention of either was made to us. We were straight up lied to.

Myers camping world of Hamburg, salesman rewrote contracts on seniors and filed a different contract with M&T bank than the senoirs signed, rolled over the balance of trade in rv, added an extended warranty they never agreed to or purchased and took the trade in RVs for themselves to sell out right for cash.

@Sean McNutt

In addition, I have come across info suggesting the salesman of camping world rewrote a fraud contract, put the complete balance of the trade in onto the purchase of new undisclosed to buyers and sold across state lines, now it's onto federal investigation!

It seems to be a Camping World reoccurring theme. I took my 2016 fifth wheel trailer in for warranty work on 12-05-17.

Two and a half months later nothing has been done and can not be given any schedule.

I am now going to pick it up and find another shop not connected to Camping World.

Would not recommend Camping World for anything.

We purchased a used unit from CW in 2009 only to have it flood in a rain storm. So, they sold us a new one at "cost"...although the definition of cost is unclear.

We owned it for nearly 5 years and it had a slide seal fail. They replaced the original seal but that one "failed" and it flooded, ruined the bedroom. They replaced the replacement seal and at least repaired the floor. However, couldn't isolate the leak.

As you can imagine, it flooded again and destroyed the living room and underbelly insulation. Here's the fun part, they have had on their lot for the better part of the last 3 years. We are almost finished paying it off...HOWEVER, CW has decided that because of our trouble, they will graciously sell us a new one. Really?

If I wanted to lock myself in for another loan, I would have traded when it initially began to leak...Maybe we are on to their scam...it's cheaper to feign repair work and then wholesale the trades. Then work back deals with financing or warranty companies and add deceptive line items on contracts. I do feel like their needs to be an large scale investigation into the way customers are deceived and mislead.

If each state and the Feds would each begin probing, perhaps it could be turned back into an honest industry. It's such a shamed...most of the memories established during camping trips, last a lifetime...it's the cost to our financial health, that ruins it.

They are ripping people off every were on t he warranty

@Marvin rickman

See this video and share it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrsMU7WMuQ.

I bought a 2013 5th wheel new from these pos sobs paid twice what the price was also warranty and lol pos good sam program well now i find out these crooked sobs sold me a 2012 camper with a 2013 title i hope some poeple get consumer llawsuit against these crooked bastards

HarshImpala
@Troy Walls

This is exactly what they did to me just last month. I just found out three days ago that I paid for a 2016 but got a 2015.

I'm now waiting for a phone call from them before I proceed in taking action against Camping World in Fayetteville NC to get my money back. I need my butt kicked for going there to start with.

I didn't know that CW was that bad until I starting reading the thousands of BAD reviews. Ron Walters

We are actively seeking attorneys willing to represent us either individually and/or in a class action lawsuit verses Camping World. Interested Agencies please reply directly in comment with contact information.

We will contact you directly.

My particular case would be outside of Atlanta GA (Oakwood Camping World) and of course it's Corporate Offices as well located in Bowling Green KY. Thanks

msgret

I would opt in. Laosro4445@att.net

@Anonymous

we are here in Syracuse New York and would join this class action suit how where when and just let us know we are in!!!deborahlanders53@gmail.com 315 633 2049

I’m in slowe11947@ail.com

We are actively seeking attorneys willing to represent us either individually and/or in a class action lawsuit verses Camping World. Interested Agencies please respond directly in comment with contact information.

We will contact you directly.

3fan4life

Im in email me

@Anonymous

I have a friend who is out $26000 because the warranty they paid for from camping world will not cover water damage! The insurance that camping world had them pay for is only paying for $4000.

That is a lot of money to be out of. Please contact response be back

We would be willing to join the suit as well. Total rip off and disappointment. Pathetically sub par customer service.

#1332062

We would join that class action lawsuit. They ripped us off for over $3800 for repair not done, and it's been weeks with no returned phone calls!

You should let me get your number, I think there should be a class action as well.

Lets us know we r for it...we bought our RV last May and had nothing but problems...their customer service sucks as well as their service...RV aren't cheap u would think they would treat us very well. Those r high dollar items....

@Levi Ashmore

We just bought a camper we are very dissatisfied. And would like to join your lawsuit if you ever got one going. Please let use know.

View more comments (55)
Review
Cons
  • Worst customer service ever
  • Bad customer service
  • Negligence
Let the company propose a solution
Resolved
We have four kids who Camping World has taken thousands upon thousands of dollars from. When we bought our brand spanking new Mallard M33 on June 24, 2016 from the dealer in Byron, GA, these kids were ECSTATIC. They were willing to forego an inground pool to get a...

Review
Cons
  • Lack of customer service
  • Lies
Camping World - Terrible work, No communication, Awful customer service
In the middle of June we had an incident with our camper which entailed the outside kitchen door flying open, hitting an object and being knocked half off the track. So we filed an insurance claim and dropped our 2018 Cruiser Embrace off at Camping World of Nashville...
Review
Cons
  • Parts not ordered
  • Poor work
  • Total lack of support after the sale
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
  • Very Unhappy With Camping World

Camping World in Woodstock, Georgia - STAY AWAY......

Camping World - STAY AWAY......
On 2/15/2017 the transfer switch on my Diesel Pusher RV went out. I brought my RV to Camping World-Woodstock Georgia for repair/replacement. The total charge for replacement of the transfer switch was $671.12, which I paid. After they installed the new transfer switch, Camping World-Woodstock Georgia did an analysis to see what caused this problem to happen? The service advisor informed me that nothing came back from the analysis and that these switches go bad every now and then. He told me everything was replaced, I was good to go, and sent me on my way. The RV sat in my driveway until our first summer trip in June 2017. On 7/16/2017 while returning home from a trip in the same Diesel Pusher RV, the generator went out and would not restart giving codes 11 and 13. I called Camping World-Woodstock Georgia to make an appointment to bring it in to be looked at. I was told the earliest appointment they had available was at the end of August 2017. I explained I had a trip coming up on 7/21/2017. The service advisor told me they are short on mechanics and that was the earliest they could get me in. I then called Cummins South Atlanta (Onan Cummins is the maker of the generator), told them what the problem was, and was able to bring the RV in immediately. On 7/18/2017 Cummins South Atlanta called me and told me the transfer switch that Camping World installed on 2/15/2017 shorted out and the wires were melted. Cummins South Atlanta informed me this was the cause of my generator not running and the transfer switch needed to be replaced because 3 wires with-in the transfer switch had actually melted. At this time I called Camping World-Woodstock Georgia again and explained in detail to the service advisor what was going on, and that since they replaced the transfer switch 5 months earlier, I expected them to replace it again (properly) with out any out-of-pocket expense to me. He laughed and told me the earliest they could get me in was at the end of August 2017. I explained I had a family trip planned on 7/21/2017. He said "end of August". I called Cummins South Atlanta back and explained what was going on with Camping World-Woodstock Georgia. Cummins South was kind enough to order, overnight, and install a new transfer switch the following day. The cost was $651.54. Cummins South Atlanta also did an analysis to see why the transfer switch melted, coming back with the conclusion that the previous transfer switch (installed 2/15/2017-five months earlier by Camping World-Woodstock Georgia) was defective. Cummins South Atlanta supplied me with the melted transfer switch, after replacement so I could take it to Camping World-Woodstock Georgia to get a refund of $671.12. On 7/25/2017 I drove to Camping World-Woodstock Georgia with the melted transfer switch, along with Camping World's receipt and Cummins South Atlanta's receipt. I explained what had happened. The person I spoke to told me they would speak with the General Manager and be right back. When he came back, he told me the General Manager said I am out of luck. I should have brought it back to them for replacement. I explained I could not wait until the end of August 2017 for service. He told me the General Manager said I should have then taken the RV to the Chattanooga Tennessee location-since the Woodstock Location is so backed up. This is insane! He expects the customer to drive at least 2 hours North and cross State borders? How was i supposed to know if this location is/was as backed up as the Woodstock location? Very poor customer service. The General Manager refused to come out of his office to speak with me. I would never recommend this Camping World-Woodstock Georgia location for anything.

I would NEVER buy an RV from Camping World. Their reputation is in the sewer.

They're even worse than Dick's Sporting Goods. I don't even like to buy accessories there, but sometimes I need it fast & can't find it elsewhere.

I would never recommend camping world. They are the worst

Same story over and over. Bunch of liars and crooks. This place needs to be shut down

Welcome to Camping World. This attitude is the same in all locations.

I agree Woodstock ga has a problem can’t handle service in a timely manner it took 3weeks to get RV in its now been 4 weeks and still not completed the severe work!

Also friend the Macon ga store and was told it would be. Month and a half to get it in their service dept

Camping world has a big problem providing service work!

This week I received a letter from Good Sam stating that they will reimburse me for the charges that I incurred at Cummin's. I never heard back from Camping World.

I wouldn't let camping world Check the air in tires, they would find a way to screw that up..

@Anonymous

I aaked camping world if they would check my air in the tires. They did.

When i got my bill dor other services, i saw they charged me $75.00 for the air fill. Sad day.

Wow! I will stay away from Camping World and tell all my friends/neighbors to stay away as well.

It seems as though Cummins South Atlanta took great care of you. Best to stay with the manufacturer of the appliance/device you are having an issue with. They know their product, and will repair it correctly.

Seems Camping World will screw it up, without any Customer Service or Management assistance when they are called out on it. Very sad for a company that is in business to assist campers.

View more comments (8)
1.5

Update by user Oct 08

UPDATE: 10.08.19 I am not seeing a place to upload audio recordings. Audrey from Camping World called at 11:22 am and asked me to explain my experience. She told me that she was contacting her Reginal Manager to have him look at the work order to see if the slides were...

Review
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Dishonesty regarding labor charges
  • No communication and wasted days in service
  • Not being contacted when told i would be several times
Pricing issue
Price reduction
  • dishonest
  • Insurance Fraud
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Kissimmee, Florida - Our First Travel Trailer has been our Nightmare

Update by user Jun 28

I wish I could elaborate, however due to legal contracts I can only say it has been resolved.

Update by user Jun 28

This nightmare is now behind us. Thank GOD! The issue has been resolved.

Original review posted by user May 29

Long story, tried to shorten... We purchased a New 2018 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 339BHTS from CW May 2018. We first used it July 2. The AC caught fire within a few weeks of use. The circut breaker malfunction. The fridge didnt keep cold, the fascia was falling apart, tap lights broke, tank sensors malfunctioned, electric jack stand switch malfunctioned, emergency window started leaking, decals bubbling off, the center island started leaking, we found mold under both dinettes in the slideouts, and behind the walls in both slideouts. The roof had screws protruding through the membrane. We needed a whole new roof. Camping World took our unit in January 19th. The roof repair was supposed to take a week and a half. They got it done in 3 days! It certainly looks like it was done quickly for sure. We have been in contact with Starcraft about all these work orders, and with Camping World. Its been over 5 months that we have had not had access to our camper, as it is still in the shop waiting on more parts, growing more mold, and us still making camper payments for a camper we can't use! Starcraft admitted we shouldn't accept our camper with the terrible roof job that was done by Camping World., and said Camping World should redo it, and Starcraft will not pay for the redo. Both companies have terrible customer service. They could have built a brand new unit in the amount of time they have had ours in the shop. Now what they did fix, they have to redo after finding all the mold behind the walls after their did the initial repairs.

Contact Camping World Customer Service

All Camping World Contacts

Latest Question

Camping World Questions
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Chichester, New Hampshire - THE MEANING BUYER BEWARE IS MEANT FOR HERE. RUN DONT WALK

1.1

Update by user Jul 23, 2018

Since the General manager in the NH site basically total me to tuff i contacted Marcus Lemonis CEO and told him the story. He sent my information to the regional people and wanted a resolution.

I heard immediately from the general managerat the NH store and he asked me how He could get me to go away and stop emailing corporate. I told him the same thing I wanted before and that was for him to buy me out of my trailer that they destroyed and to be a responsible manager. We agreed on a price and they bought me out of my trailer plus he agreed to take back the cover to the camper that was never used. I wrote back to Mr Lemonis thanking him and advising him that I do not believe Matt should be the manager in any place in the organization.

He was the apitomy of the term used car sales person.

He has no social skills and is not a good representation of his company. If anyone else has trouble email Marcus@campingworld.com

Original review posted by user Jun 23, 2018

In May 2017 husband and I wanted to upgrade and have have always bought our campers at campers inn but the model we wanted was at campers world. We talked to a salesman Jim who was great. We traded in our Rockwood Roo and ofcourse didnt get the best for it but that's life. We bought a Autium Right 38 foot premier model with rear kitchen. Paid for the usual but after leaving the sales department nothing was usual. Paid for the inspection and work around service $380 got there that day to pick it up and it was raining so the guy who did the walk around to teach us about the trailer didnt open the awning because it was raining. Guess what didnt work when we took it home and opened it. Received the title to the trailer in the wrong names, both recyliners were ripped and table all scratched. Took months and so many unanswered calls to get them but we did. We were told to bring it back in October for all the Here is the fun part, NOT. In October we bring it back and make the list of all the repairs needed and winterizing. We call and call and call and get no response about what the progree is on our trailer. In January husband and I had to drink ve up to NH to physically be in someones face. Our trailer had not ever been moved from the spot. We were told the are waiting for warranty and the blah blah blah begins. We were told that there was not enough help people leaving right and left and the ones who were left were doing jobs not trained for. We leave thinking our trip up there would get something done. We were fools. We call February, March April nothing. I finally get this call from a Nate or Nathanial if your mad at him he said an he promised to get to the bottom of this and call me back. BS again another BS setvice person telling you your number one. ( Nathanial is new to this campers World) Here is the best part of all times. In April I get a call from Bridget ( very nice but is the person who had to call) tell me during the winter a tree fell on my trailer but no worries they are going to fix it. It just needs a ladder and they covered it. They dont know when it happened but they noticed it when they pulled it in to fix the awning( In April). I still havent learned at this point beleve nothing they say I waited and called and called and called. Again in May my husband and I drive the hour and half to go there because NO ONE CALLS YOU BACK. I get there and ask for the manager Matt. He cones down and we go over everything and we look at the trailer damage and warranty repairs that have not been. I look at the trailer damage and no way a tree hit our trailer, our trailer hit a tree. Plaistic is over the ladder so I couldnt see much and he again gves the good setvice speech that they will fix it and he will personally make it better and he cant believe this happened but he is new there and will fix everything. I will never learn. So my husband and I leave. Now its June, camping season is in full bloom, we lost our seasonal camping site because we have no trailer and of course we call our good Buddy Matt who was going to make sure eve rything was done. NEVER ANSWERED MY CALLS on his personal work voice mails. June 22 my husband again go up to campers world and ask for Matt but for some reason the store manager isnt around but I had called gefore I went and he was in today. I was met by Jordan ( great person she had left and came back if the company was smart they would clone her and never left her go) she brought my husband and I to Jed (who is new to campers world ) He said pretty much what the others said but he asked to give him a chance nd what did we want. He promised he would call me the next day to let us know what he had found. The ladder wasnt in yet and they had know idea when but we cant take the trailer because it has not been repaired ( End of June they have now had it for nine months and i have lost this camping season) I saved the best for last . At this point my husband and I went to our trailer to clean it out of our belongs because at this point it is unrepairable to us because we bought a new camper not a damaged one. We find mouse *** and ants everywhere. I have never in all my years of camping ever had mice or ants. This wasnt just a few dropping this was an infestation of ants and mouse *** I climbed up on the ladder that was only crushed at the top to find it was not just tye ladder there was rips and holes dents. None on these holes had been covered to protect it from the weather or the mice and ants from getting in. They only through a piece of plastic over the ladder which protected nothering. Since we have no idea how long the so call tree hit the trailer i has been the way for nine months. No wonder there are mice and ants nested there. I go back into the trailer and bang on the walls near the ladder and roof damage and tjousands of ants come out of the walls. Im sure there is water and mold there also. BTW While we were down cleaning our camper one of the guys who run the machines that pull the trailers was spinning in the boo cat and hit a cement light pole right in front of my husband and I. Hummmmm tree fell So I walked back in and showed Jordan these pictures and how I need to get my insurance company involved now because I dont trust anything or anyone at campers world to do anything right . I paid $29,000.00 dollars for brand new 2017 trailer that is worth nothing now all because of the poor management and systems in place at the Chichester, New Hampshire Campers World. Waiting to hear from Jed today. I will let you know how very sorry they are. If anyone has suggestions for me to contact also other than corporate ( who Im sure is well aware of whats going on here) , Attorney General, BBB, to solve this please let me know. At this point I want them to buy it back from me because its worthless to me and has cost me a camping season. PS: I want to say even though I think this campers worls should be avoided like the plaque their are people like Jordan and Bridget who do try but they are not the corporation and they are the same nes who have the power to gix it. PSS To the poor reception people that had to lie to us because Matt ( The Store Manager) didn't want to bother with us because he didnt follow through I do apologize that you had do what you were told. It wont let me upload picture! Sorry but if you want to see them contact me I will send them

Wish I had read this review before getting involved with Camping World Chichester. Our situation is a similar ongoing nightmare. There are a few decent people here but I totally agree Matt is not a good example of a GM who could care less about customers.

Review
Cons
  • Lack of management responsibility
Reason of review
Noy allows you to check off one management, service, defective, warrany