Featured

I lied to and cheated

Camping World - I lied to and cheated
Explore video interviews
Advertisements

We went to Chelsea MI and told the sales person that we wanted a reliable motorhome that would last us so he looked online and found this one in Nashville so he called and told us it was a good one so we traveled to Nashville thinking we were going to get a reliable motorhome Jordan Bunsen lied to us from the start we would not of traveled if we knew the hole camping world experience has been a nightmare I don't recommend them to anyone they are a den of theves all the way to the top liers and cheats

Loss:
Cons:
  • Very disappointed and sorry i purchased from camping world
  • Very disonist

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

This happens over the entire Country & they just market to more & more people so they have more customers that they can prey upon and they buy up the Local Dealers that truly care, if they arent stopped there will be nowhere to take care of the RV Community except for Camping World, do all you can & shout from the roof tops to warn anyone to do the research before making a bad decision..

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2438414

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not. They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out.

They said it was ready to pick up. So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

Before I got home I got a call back from them. I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350.

So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working. This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it.

He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up. He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing.

It was still not working. I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on. I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue.

I have many emails to show this. I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit. I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete.

She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up.

I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000. Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work.

I said let’s call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

I was pissed. I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards.

This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed. It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!!

Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket. We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook! This is NOT a bill issue.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Hammond, Louisiana

Service is horrible. I gave them my camper with 24 things wrong with it. Picked it up 10 days later and there is now 27 2 oh 29 things wrong with it things that they said they finished did not

I had a list of 24 things wrong with it. I gave it to them for 10 days. They fixed one thing which now I took it out after that they didnt fix it. They said they ordered parts now I bring it back. Theres 29 Things wrong with it, I have showing each one of them is where they ran into something and tore up the corner of it. I am very dissatisfied customer if you want to get a hold of me, call me at 515-557-****.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Ccamping World would not recommend my worst friends

Verified Reviewer

CEO Marcus Lemonis of Camping World, can you respond?

I have been writing to you about this at marcusVIP@***.com and only Terri from the local office keeps responding. This is horrible!!

Here is my story with dates:

I had been told by the Camping World Store on Sep 12, 2022 my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

I picked one up at Home Depot on Sep 21, 2022 in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world same day after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RVs so they said to have Camping world hook them up. I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked intermittently.

They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out. They were having a 10 point inspection sale & a slide out maintenance sale, I agreed to both.

They found 2 shorts with battery & electrical, I paid to have that fixed too.

They said it was ready to pick up. I had my friend Edria take me there to pick it up on Jan 13, 2023. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny.

The batteries started burning. I shut it off, and they had a service person come out and they said they fixed it, I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. We were yelled at, degraded, treated like we were stupid because we were female by the manager.

I was told by the manager "I do not guarantee our service work, unless you bought the RV from camping world. Did you buy the RV from Camping world?" We were treated horribly, talked down to like we were stupid and we walked out. As we were leaving there was a poster that said If you are not happy, I am not happy Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com So as I was leaving I was calling this corporate number and left a message. Before I got home I got a call back from them.

I was told Corporate would speak to Camping World Grain Valley MO and get this fixed.

After a few days, Camping world Grain Valley said it was ready again. I talked to Corporate, they said they double checked everything and it was good to go, please go pick it up. Camping World Grain Valley MO charged me another $350. So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working.

This time I was very angry. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it. He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up.

He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV around the end of January.

I took it to Wolds of Fun Village and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing. It was still not working. I called Corporate let them know what was going on and it still was not working but I was at WOF Village plugging it in to charge the batteries.

Corporate told me they would keep working on getting this taken care of, to give them an update after I figure out what is going on with the batteries.

I called corporate again to give them an update on the batteries, They told me they would get back to me. Corporate did NOT get back to me but I did get a phone call from Kevin Zawachi about Jan 5, 2023 from Camping World Grain Valley. He apologized, and said he can see that the paperwork did not reflect all the work done on the RV. He will make sure when I bring it in he will have his service manager correct all the paperwork to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty.

Kevin told me specifically "do not bring the RV in without an appointment with me personally." Kevin said "I will have the service manager make sure the paperwork is correct, document all the work they did, complete any work that wasn't done, and make sure the RV is ready for travel." I let him know I had surgery that day (so he emailed me his contact info), so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again.

I contacted him as soon as I was up and around on March 6, 2023. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue. I have many emails to show this. The last time Kevin responded to one of my emails was May 26, 2023.

I emailed him last on June 2, 2023 I then called multiples times to make sure he was still working there and try to set up an appointment to take the RV in to Camping World Grain Valley.

I took it to Wolf Lodge on Aug 7th 2023 to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world KCK on Aug 7th 2023. I let them know what was going on and that everything should be under warranty. At this time it was within the 1year warranty for another 6months.

When I dropped it off with Camping World KCK, I specifically told them "I want all warranty work done FIRST, before you look at anything else or do anything else; because I don't want to owe you a bunch of money and still have an RV that is not working."They said no problem. I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem.

We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit because of the weather.

Camping World (KCK) called me last winter, while the RV was in their care and told me they had a special sale. KCK asked if I wanted to have it winterized, since it's going to be there through the winter. I was told there was too much ice in their parking lot and the RVcouldn't be pull out to have my unit worked on properly, so they wanted to winterize it. I OK'd the price to winterize it.

Camping World KCK did not winterize the RV even though they held the RV the whole winter, I still do NOT know if anything broke on this RV do-to non-winterization. Camping World KCK never let me know of this extra part (quarter turn ball valve) that needed to be replaced before it could be winterized (I found this on my own looking through the estimates they gave me Jan 20th 2023)and Camping World KCK just chose not to winterize my RV while they held it ALL winter long for repair.

In this phone call they also said they were waiting on a pricing for a part, when I asked what part I was told they were not sure and that they would get back with me. I assumed, it had to do with the warranty work on the converter. Camping World KCK never got back to me.

I spoke to Beth on Monday April 8th 2024 and was told she would get this done for me.

She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete. She said no problem. Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up.

I owed 1200. To pick it up. She explained why I needed to pay the $2248.40. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week.

She then said Wait.. Let me figure this out.

She got back to me April 11th 2024 at 5:23pm and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work. I said lets call corporate then.

She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do. I was very angry!

The estimate Camping World (KCK) gave to me on Jan 20, 2024 is incorrect.

They have my Drop off date on this estimate to be incorrect considering they have had it since last year on Aug 7th of 2023. The InService date should reflect the proper date that I dropped my RV off with Camping World KCK.

May 1st 2024 NOW I'm being told that if I don't pay for it FIRST (they haven't fixed anything) then pick it up by May 10th 2024, I will start being charged storage. Yet it was only April 8th 2024 that I was told that Camping World KCK already completed the work and fixed all the warranty work (converter, slide out, light bulbs), and it was ready for pick up. To come and find out once again it was all a LIE, I was told by Beth that not one thing had been fixed on my RV.

Terri Bartlett (Region Customer Service Manager from Grain Valley Claiming to be Corporate) told me I had to pay $1600 to pick it up, even though no work has been done (This sounds like price gouging.) At that time Terri Bartlett (Region Customer Service Manager from Grain Valley Claiming to be Corporate) also told me "You need to pay to have the converter put in properly because right now it is a fire hazard." The $1600 for me to pick it up was just the price for the estimate to prove that Camping World Grain Valley MO screwed up putting in the converter. Yet Grain Valley refuses to cover it even though Camping World KCK had it for a total of 6months while it sat in their possession still under warranty.

I have attached a couple email examples shared with Kevin starting immediately after pickup, and with Terri Bartlett (Region Customer Service Manager from Grain Valley) who claims to be corporate but can't look up the picked up or dropped off dates or any correspondence. Terri Bartlett (Region Customer Service Manager from Grain Valley Claiming to be Corporate) is now resorting to sending me multiple emails with the exact same thing in it, all in one day. I also corresponded with Corporate before I ever even picked up my RV in the end of Jan 2023.

I have stated everywhere to everyone it was not working that is why I originally refused pickup on Jan 13, 2023. I brought my witness Edria with me on Jan 13, 2023, because I was being treated horribly and I needed help.

The RV was dropped off at Camping World KCK AUG 7, 2023 that was 6 months before the warranty was up. I had already OK'd the warranty items to be fixed under warranty. What I did NOT OK was any other charges, which I have said multiple times on multiples occasions.

I have also said on multiples occasions that I want the warranty items fixed. Yet, instead of fixing the issues under warranty they held my RV until the warranty was out then said your warranty is up even though they still have the RV and have had the RV since Aug 7th, 2023 when it still had 6mo warranty left on it.

Again I am not sure why any of this back and forth between Grain Valley, Kevin Zawacki (General Manager Grain Valley), Terri Bartlett (Region Customer Service Manager from Grain Valley Claiming to be Corporate), Corporate, and KCK is any of my problem since it is all Camping World Holdings Inc. and this seems like it should be an internal issue and not one that Camping World should be publicly displaying to their customers. This is how you lose customers, get bad reviews, bad publicity, complaints with BBB (by the way they just lied to BBB earlier today), complaints with the state and/or legal actions taken.

Corporate should be handling this properly in-house, instead of giving customers the run around and sending them to other people who refuse to handle things properly (AKA Terri Bartlett). I am very disappointed in the Customer Service and unbusinesslike practices of the Camping World Holdings Inc employees that I have so far had the displeasure of having them manage my Customer File. Please see attachment for supporting documentation.

Darlene Wright

Have a wonderful Day! lifewave.com/Darlene1

StartX39now.com (watch 2 short videos)

Amazing New Technology

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Darlene

To: Elizabeth Newton

Cc: marcusvip@***.com ; Kevin Zawacki ; Terri Bartlett ; Terri Bartlett ; InvestorRelations@***.com ; MarcusVIP@***.com ; csteam@***.com ; bmoody@***.com ; matthew.wagner@***.com ; jnapier@***.com ; PR-CWGS@***.com ; sa1234@***.com

Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2024 at 10:42:04 PM CDT

Subject: Re: ESTIMATE FOR REPAIRS

The estimate you (KCK) gave to me on Jan 20, 2023 is incorrect.

I see you have my Drop off date on this estimate to be incorrect considering you have had it since last year on Aug 7th of 2023. I would like you to correct your InService date to reflect the proper date that I dropped my RV off with you. Thank you

Camping World (KCK) called me last winter, while the RV was in your care and told me you had a special sale. You asked if I wanted to have it winterized, since it's going to be there through the winter.

I was told there was too much ice in your parking lot and you couldn't pull out my unit to have it worked on properly, so they wanted to winterize it. I OK'd the price to winterize it. You did not winterize the RV even though you held the RV the whole winter, if anything broke on this RV do-to non-winterization you guys are liable for that. You never let me know of this extra part (quarter turn ball valve) and you just chose not to winterize my RV while you held it ALL winter long for repair.

In this phone call they was also said you were waiting on pricing for a part, when I asked what part I was told they were not sure and that they would get back with me.

I assumed, it had to do with the warranty work on the converter. You guys never got back to me.

I originally dropped off my RV with your other Grain Valley, MO location back in the beginning of October of 2022. I went to pick it up with my friend Edria on January 13, 2023 but refused pick up because nothing was working on the RV. We were yelled at, degraded, treated like we were stupid because we were female.

I was told by the manager that they "Do not guaranty their service, unless I bought the RV from camping world." We were treated horribly, talked down to like we were stupid and we walked out. On our way out we seen a sign "If you are unhappy, I'm unhappy. I'm here to help. Call my Office Marcus VIP 866232****." and called corporate.

Corporate told me to go ahead and pick it up and they would keep working on getting this taken care of, I picked it up around the End of January 2023. I continued to talk to corporate.

Kevin Zawacki from Grain Valley MO reached out to me via phone and I was communicating with him since before Feb 6, 2023. The last time Kevin responded to one of my emails was May 26, 2023. I emailed him last on June 2, 2023 I then called multiples times to make sure he was still working there and try to set up an appointment to take the RV in.

I dropped it off with you (KCK) on Aug 7, 2023. That is within the 1year warranty, you have had it ever since! When I dropped it off with you, I specifically told you guys "I want all warranty work done FIRST, before you look at anything else or do anything else; because I don't want to owe you a bunch of money and still have an RV that is not working." So far we have the winterization issue listed above and now you are trying to say it's out of warranty even though you had it this WHOLE TIME. It was dropped off with you AUG 7th, 2023 that means you guys (KCK) held it for 6 months while it was still under warranty and you never fixed it within that time.

NOW I'm being told that if I don't pay for it FIRST (they haven't fixed anything) then pick it up, I will start being charged storage.

Yet it was only 2weeks ago that I was told that you guys already completed the work and fixed all the warranty work (converter, slide out, light bulbs), and it was ready for pick up. To come and find out once again it was all a LIE, I was told by Beth that not one thing had been fixed on my RV. Terri told me I had to pay $1600 to pick it up, even though no work has been done (This sounds like price gouging.) At that time Terri also told me "You need to pay to have the converter put in properly because right now it is a fire hazard." The $1600 for me to pick it up was just the price for the estimate to prove that Camping World Grain Valley MO screwed up putting in the converter. Yet Grain Valley refuses to cover it even though you guys had it for a total of 6months while it sat in your possession still under warranty.

I have attached just a couple email examples shared with Kevin starting immediately after pickup, and with Terri who claims to be corporate but can't look up the picked up or dropped off dates or any correspondence.

Terri is now resorting to sending me multiple emails with the exact same thing in it, all in one day. I also corresponded with Corporate before I every even picked up my RV in the end of Jan 2023. I have stated everywhere to everyone it was not working that is why I originally refused pickup on Jan 13, 2023. I brought my witness Edria on Jan 13, 2023, that is why I brought her along because I was being treated horribly and I needed help.

I would like for you guy to stop sending me to Terri the Region Customer Service Manager and send me to her boss instead because she is not handling this issue property.

The RV was dropped off at KCK AUG 7, 2023 that was 6 months before the warranty was up. I had already OK'd the warranty items to be fixed under warranty. What I did NOT OK was any other charges, which I have said multiple times on multiples occasions. I have also said on multiples occasions that I want the warranty items fixed.

and this seems like it should be an internal issue and not one that you should be publicly displaying to your customers. This is how you lose customers, get bad reviews, bad publicity, complaints with BBB, complaints with the state and/or legal actions taken.

Corporate should be handling this properly in house, instead of giving customers the run around and sending them to other people who refuse to handle things properly. I am very disappointed in the Customer Service and unbusinesslike practices of the Camping World Holdings Inc employees that I have so far had the displeasure of having them manage my Customer File.

I am 59 and disabled I am doing the best I can.

Darlene Wright

Have a wonderful Day!

Cons:
  • Bad work ethics
  • Bad customer service
  • Lies

Preferred solution: MY RV BACK IN WORKING ORDER AND SAFE TO DRIVE.

User's recommendation: BEWARE OF LIES ~ STAY CLEAR OF ALL CAMPING WORLDS

Darlene W Ctf

I am sick at the way Camping World has destroyed my RV. I went to take pictures of the inside and outside today.

They could not even turn off the RV, because the batteries are screwed up.

They never fixed anything, but sure did a lot of damage to the inside and out. Wiring and Batteries.

reply icon Replying to comment of Darlene W Ctf

After reviewing the pictures I took, I was wondering if maybe they did not spill stuff everywhere, maybe there was a bigger issue. I went with my family to Camping world to remove some personal belongings and have my son look at the roof to see if there is an issue there.

We were told we could not see my RV or remove anything unless I speak to corporate. We asked to see the bill and go over it, we were told NO, I have it. and they will not go over it with me. My son was going to check it out to make sure what I was being charged for and go from there.

We were ask to leave, after we were asking and asking for them to please just let me get my belongings, in case this is a water issue. we were told NO, by the manager who was on the phone with Terri. I'm was told unless I speak to them on the phone they will not let me see my RV or touch my belongings. I have been requesting to have everything in writing.

and They refused. They said we could not get a copy of the bill, we could not see my RV. We express concern for our belongings, they do no care. They did let me make an apt for next tuesday, but I will not have anyone with me then.

WE were there and told we will bring the RV around, then we were told. Not for you, Terri said you have to speak to Jason on the phone first. So is this stealing, I now have no access to my RV or belongings and have no idea what is really wrong with the RV now???? I am sick.

Also I have been told I have to remove all Reviews about Camping World to move forward. So If I take this down, just know it was not because I wanted to.

View more comments (1)
Featured
map-marker Saugerties, New York

Ripped off

Camping World - Ripped off

In our experience, the people at Camping World, will promise you anything and everything. They are not above lying to you, to cheat you out of your hard earned money.

They don't follow through on anything. Any "repair" they do are done in a sloppy manner by their self-admitted untrained technicians.

We found that the sales people, sales managers and the finance manager we dealt with, as well as several of their service managers and techs cannot be trusted. We were lied to repeatedly to get us to sign the paperwork to complete the sale. After the sale they become unavailable to answer phone calls.

They instruct the receptionists to tell you a varity of reasons why the person you are trying to reach is unavailable. These people don't stand behind any of the products they sell. There were many problems they promised to fix for us and did not.

After our final walk through, we took advantage of their free camper delivery because our truck hitch had not been installed. Somehow between the walkthrough and delivery, the 5th wheel camper we bought, was dropped on the ground, as per the CW delivery driver and the CW service manager.

It had to be lifted with a fork lift to get it off the ground. It came to us with a damaged roof and stress cracks in the shower walls, which had not been present prior. When I called, the manager Eric began to scream at me and became verbally abusive.

He would not let me get a word in. We had to have the multitude of problems fixed elsewhere, naturally at an additional expense to us.

My advice to anyone, certainly go camping, but don't buy from Camping World/Gander RV.

User's recommendation: Rum as far away from Camping World as possible.

Darlene W Ctf

I feel so bad to hear all the bad things that happen to honest people. How can they get away with this and still be open?? This place needs shut down for good!!

Guest

Only thing worse is Good Sam road side assistance

View more comments (2)

Verified Reviewer

I am having to hire an attorney to get this fixed. Camping world is doing nothing and this is a safety issue!!

I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when its done and safe to drive

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote:

Darlene wright

408-338-****

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote:

Dear Darlene,

Thanks so much and have a nice day.

Terri Bartlett

Regional Customer Service Manager

Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548

Terri.bartlett@***.com

Like us on Facebook

Like us on Facebook!

This is NOT a bill issue. This is a safety issue and you put my inverter backwards which is now a fire hazard. Plus, many other items could have been damaged due to this error on your part!

They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one. I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RVs so said to have Camping world hook them up.

I said NO. I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said If you are not happy, I am not happy Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message.

I said lets call corporate then. She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Too many to list - service department is awful

User's recommendation: DO NOT EVER USE CAMPING WORLD TO SERVICE YOUR RV

Kehoe R

| map-marker Port Orchard, Washington

Rip Off Service

Camping World - Rip Off Service
Camping World - Rip Off Service - Image 2
Camping World - Rip Off Service - Image 3

ScrewUp after ScrewUp, Incompetence, Uncaring, Arrogance. 03 Win.

35U coach: Took to Silverdale CW(local 5 miles away) because 16' awning would not retract and they said awning needed to be replaced because no parts avail. Called Tacoma CW to price check and were $1K cheaper so we took coach to Tacoma(60 miles). CW carries 2 brands of awning that fit our coach so I asked salesman to give me quote for each so he actually sent me ONE quote with both awnings on it and quote was missing arms which have to be ordered same time. So he keeps emailing me wrong quote with 2 awnings but missing required arms for $4500.

I finally got it settled with other salesman Libby. She was great and I even called her out to her boss James. CW installed new awning($2500) then when I called they said they could not get new awning to retract, which is why they said I needed a new one in the first place. They were to look at wipers as well, but when I called they were too busy to speak and never returned calls, I left 4 messages in 3 weeks but live an hour away was why I did not drive to them.

I finally told them ready or not I am picking up coach to have someone else look at it. They had it 6 weeks with absolutely no progress or willing to return phone calls. I spoke to service mgr James who blamed the lack of response of phone system, I blame employees including him, sorry. I spoke to CW corporate who seemed concerned but still received nothing from local CW who could not care less, they still get a paycheck whether you complain or not.

When we picked up coach I asked service manager James about the awning needing replaced because it didn't retract he said it was just some wiring that needed to be messed with. "I worked on these for 15 years, it was easy" so why did you replace old one?. When I got home, the orig. awning protector was missing from it so is open to weather now but no mention of this and under the hood the fuse box cover was left off and could have blown away like it did last time some else worked under the hood.

I just wasted approx.

$3K and my coach is actually worse because 16' awning is now missing aluminum protector to protect it from damage and elements. smart and aware

User's recommendation: Nope, try searching online for solutions because they actually know nothing

DeMorris G

| map-marker Irving, Texas

Disgrace - Avoid service

Camping World - Disgrace - Avoid service

Camping World RV Sales Disgrace - Avoid at All Costs!

This is the absolute WORST service experience I've ever encountered. My disabled Vietnam veteran father dropped off his RV at Camping World RV Sales in Kansas City, Kansas on November 16th, 2023, for repairs.

Here's what went wrong:

Six Months of Empty Promises: We were promised repairs, some under warranty, and some out-of-pocket. After six long months, the repairs were supposedly complete.

Communication Breakdown: Throughout the wait, communication was sporadic. Calls to check on progress often resulted in them having "no idea" about the RV's status.

Unprofessional Service Department: Upon arrival to pick up the RV (May 13th, 2024), the service advisor couldn't explain the bill or the supposed repairs done.

Zero Work Completed: The shocking truth? None of the agreed-upon repairs had been completed!

Disrespectful Treatment: Getting a manager to address this issue was a struggle.

Employees refused to contact the general manager or owner, and wouldn't provide any contact information for them.

This experience is appalling! They preyed on my elderly father's trust and wasted his valuable time.

Stay Far Away! This Camping World location is a gamble. You might get decent service, or you might get what we did - a complete nightmare.

It's deeply concerning that they don't respond to negative reviews.

We are not alone.

This lack of service seems to be a recurring theme based on other reviews. Be warned!

User's recommendation: Don't do business with this company

LR V

Verified Buyer

| map-marker New Baltimore, New York

Liars, cheats and thieves

Camping World - Liars, cheats and thieves

The employees at Camping World proved to us that they are not above lying to you to cheat you out of your hard earned money. They didn't follow through on anything they promised us.

Any "repair" they did attempt are done in a sloppy manner by their self-admitted, untrained technicians. We found that the sales people, sales managers, and the finance manager we dealt with, as well as several of their service managers and techs, can not be trusted. We were lied to repeatedly to get us to sign the paperwork to complete the sale. After the sale, they become unavailable to answer phone calls.

They instruct the receptionists to tell you a variety of reasons why the person you are trying to reach is unavailable. These people don't stand behind any of the products they sell. There were many problems they promised to fix for us and did not. After our final walk through, we took advantage of their free camper delivery because our truck hitch had not been installed.

Somehow, between the walkthrough and delivery, the camper was dropped on the ground, as per their delivery driver and their service manager. It had to be lifted with a fork lift to get it off the ground. It came to us with a damaged roof and stress cracks in the shower walls, which had not been present prior. When I called, the manager, Eric, he began to scream at me and became verbally abusive.

My advice to anyone is to certainly go camping, but don't buy from Camping World/Gander RV.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything about them

Preferred solution: Reimbursement

User's recommendation: Run as fast and as far away from Camping World and Gander RV as you can!!

Robert S Scc

| map-marker Pasadena, Maryland

Customer Service Not following up with the customer and only submitting one thing to Forestriver when there was multiple things to be sent

Purchased the motorhome on April 11 2024. I had some problems they scheduled with the dealer and said they were able to do the warranty work on April 25 and at the end of the day, Ford sent email said it was too big.

They dont have the equipment to repair We sent that email right back to service department and they said we will pick it up Friday or Monday to do multiple warranty work on their end not hearing anything from them. We reached out by email and phone. With an excuse that they get days off too Still has not been picked up at Ford till May 2.

Back at the service department they said they were submit all the paperwork to Forestriver on the second and get a reply on 6 May So every thing been quiet, and I sent her another email with any updates on the repairs no replies then I called Forest river to see if an RO has been opened up for warranty, and they said there was only one thing opened, and I explained to him there were multiple things to be repaired under warranty now It's May 8, 2024, the sad part is we have two granddaughters graduating one from college and one from high school and this is our home that's going to get us in their area on may 20 2024 Sales and service know this. So we have seven working days before we leave its late evening on May 8, 2024 say a prayer for us because were going to need it and hope all works well

map-marker Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Horrible Service

They lied about getting my deposit back and lied about service on my 2024 Dutchman Kodiak. Took my travel trailer out for the 1st time and there were 23 things wrong with it.

From stove not lighting to no hot water in shower to blinds not staying shut. the following is the list.

Marks Camping World List 5/17/24

1.Fuse area making fan noises (Never did 1st three days)

2.Refrigerator making van noises(never did 1st 3 days)

3. Dinnetee shade in rear wont close

4.Home Theater blind in front wont lose

5.Bathroom medicine cabinet shelf warping and peeling

6.Water pump wont go auto of stays running all the time.

7.Little (1 minute of hot water in shower, even after water heater on 20 minutes)

8.Skylight fan and vent close in living room will not auto shut off when raining

9.Cannot get TV to work in Living room, where is the Antenna on/off button

10.No remote for outside TV, just a empty bag on cord

11.Have to slam front door ¾ times hard to close.

Page 2

12.USB on wall in bedroom shorting out when you plug in and unplug cord

13.Need owners manual for washer/dryer

14.Plug in surge protect blew 3 times E 6 (please check)

15. STorage compartment in between HT Chairs really loose (please tighten)

16.Oven does not light or come on

17.Pipes leaking under kitchen sink

18.Right rear under belly has rip and all sealant fell out

19.Blue and Red hose on left side under belly leaking all the time (rear left axle, see video)

20.You can hear major dripping on under belly by stepps underneath

21.Right sway bar fell off as we were driving down highway.

(could not find, need another)

22.Left sway bay locked on and cannot get off of cup link.

23.Please top off both propane tanks

I took it in and all the things wrong they fixed 2. I told them I would give it to them the whole month of July and Tim the service guy in Nashville told me they could only do a couple of things in July but could not fix all of them.

NEVER, NEVER BUY A CAMPER FROM CAMPING WORLD! WHEN I PICKED UP THE MANAGER TOLD ME TO NEVER COME BACK.

User's recommendation: NEVER BUY A CAMPER FROM CAMPING WORLD!

Jennifer E Ibp

Deceiteful Trade Practices at the Tyler, TX offices

Updated by user Mar 17, 2024

Camping World Of TYler, TX is not listed on the drop down to choose from

Original review Mar 17, 2024
Purchased a motorhome on 01-29-2024. At no time while discussing or viewing the used motorhome did the sales rep, Daniel Sanders, mention the words "Being Sold As is".

This all happened after I sat down with the office manager to sign papers and pay cash for my purchase. During walk thru of the unit, the Sales Mgr, David Morse mentioned the floor being spongy to his employees. Only one said yes he had noticed it. It was Marquiez one of the employees in the shop.

I at that time told Mr. Morse "then I do not want it." He assured me he would check it out and later told me that the floor had plenty of support and was fine. He began to check out other things in the motorhome. The tvs, did not work.

One was replaced and also the wiring and a new antenna was installed to replace one that was missing! The TV in the bedroom does not work and was not replaced or rewired. Mr. Morse came into the motorhome to also let me know that soft spots were found on the roof !

The motorhome had to have work done on the roof and would be delivered to my home in 3-4 days. The roof being another issue that no one had on their "lists from the boys in the shop". I had told my salesman, Daniel Sanders that I had recenely lost my husband. Daniel had said he would teach me how to handle the motorhome since I had never owned one.

To this date, it is still sitting in the same place that the delivery driver parked it. I am afraid of its size and will never drive it.
I called and called the Tyler Office on many occasions. I never received my Motor Vehicle registration nor did I receive my Texas License Tags. The lady in the office kept giving me a run around and also would have David Morse, Sales Mgr, return my calls.

This week: I do NO recommenI
I finally drove all the way to Longview Texas from my home in Grand Saline, TX to ask that main office for the TX Motor Vehicle Dept., to help me. They were finally able to take care of what Camping World should have done.
I am appalled and would not recomend Camping World of Tyler to anyone.
I have contacted my attorney . I expect to receive a reply from you and the Corporate Offices as soon as possible. I do intend to move forward with my complaints should Camping World not make right a LOT of WRONGS.
Regards, Jennifer J.

Robertson jenijr1947.2@***.com
Jennifer J. Robertson P.O.

Box 283, Fruitvale, TX. 75127

Putting in my Inverter/Converter backwards

Terry from the Grain Valley store, just let me know I am responsible for everything. They will correct their installation on the RV they will not refund my money so I can have someone do it correctly.

and I owe 1600. diagnostic charges to find out that they put it in backwards.

DO NOT Stop for Service At Camping World Grain Valley - Kansas City

They put my inverter/converter in backwards. The on is the off and vice versa. This is causing the RV not to work properly.

This was GRAIN VALLEY MO. I took it into the Kansas City KS service center to get it fixed because that was the closest to me. I am being charged 1600.00 for them to tell me that Grain Valley will not cover their work, and I would need to repay Kansas City for them to but the unit in correctly this time. If I do not have them do the work, I only own them 1600.00 for diagnosis fees.

This is crazy, DO NOT Go To Camping World. This has been a horrible experience, that I am still in the middle of.

Cons:
  • And they put the part in wro
  • Are not working with me at all

Preferred solution: I want either a full refund and my RV back, or I want them to correct their errors. I paid for the RV to be up and ready to travel, and it is not. I need this part installed up to CODE and correctly by the company!!

User's recommendation: Stay Far Away, they are horrible

Darlene W Ctf

UPDATE: They screwed my too: . I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly.

map-marker Dallas, Texas

Very Rude Service Manger

On May 27, 2024 my 87 yo father took his 2021 Forest River Trailer, to be checked out. We had an appointment, when he told them that he needed his

Electrical outlet to be checkedhe thought they were not working.

After it was look at he was told that the outlet were okay, but he needed to replace his A/C unit. My dad asked why he was told that he tampered with unit and they would not do anything. When my father said that we havent ever used it. The Service Manager call my father a liar, and said he wouldnt do anything anyway cause we didnt purchase the trailer from them but we did.

I was there when we picked it out and signed paperwork. This upset my father so much it made him sick. He has a heart condition. I am very upset.

No one should be treated like this at anytime. It is completely unacceptable and uncalled for. The Service Manager should be ashamed and dismissed from his employment. I will never buy another camper from Camping World.

I do not recommend them, and unless you want *** service and very rude individuals helping you, and bad deals dont buy anything from them. Cancel Camping World.

User's recommendation: No way

Mark B Doz

| map-marker North Charleston, South Carolina

Horrible

Lied to us. Did a bait and switch on the camper we wanted. It cost us $10,000 more than they quoted us. The service is horrible. The first time out, and there were 23 things wrong with the camper. We gave it to service for 10 days, and they only fixed one thing. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Everything after the point of taking delivery

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away from camping world!

RVs, Motorhomes and Trailers Expert Talks

RV Travel During a Pandemic: Pros and Cons

Apr 30, 2021

Fox & Miles - full-time RV travelers talk about their experience of living in RV, share advice on how to choose the RV, plan the camping trip, give tips on how to shop while Rving and avoid common problems.

Read full article
Fox & Miles
Fox & Miles

Fox & Miles - RV experts and travelers who explore the US, chasing their dreams, and pursuing financial freedom.

AlmaRSWY

| map-marker Kaysville, Utah

Stop Camping World from ripping people off

The problems with CW in Kaysville continued to mount. We had to drive from our home in Evanston, WY to UT to get repairs done from poor workmanship.

They had put in a fridge with already expired warranty and would not replace it. They didn't fix a damn thing that had broken during our summer use, they ran the batteries down so we couldnt open the sliders to get inside to inspect the work. Told us pay the bill and get it off the lot that day or they would start charging storage. We couldnt get there until after work, so they were about to close and wanted the camper off their lot right now.

We paid, took it home and charged batteries. Not only had they NOT done the repairs, they charged us for cleaning we didn't approve. They also broke the shower base and wall and faucet while looking at the fan. They continued to give us the run around and they took a lot of money they weren't due.

They are crooks, we can find no lawyer to do a law suit. They know this and just wait til they wear you down. We need more people to get a class action lawsuit and a lawyer willing to do it.

They have to be stopped, next step consumer protection in UT. I just learned about them.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Logistics

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DONT do business of any kind with Camping World!

Donovon Ins

| map-marker Chichester, New Hampshire

Bait and Switch

BEWARE SELLING THESE GUYS YOUR RV. Got the classic bait and switch form the one in Chichester NH - $120K via email - "oh it's a year older so $88K" when in person (Driving 1 hour to get there from northern NH) despite the miles being right and them having a copy of the VIN, title and registration clearly showing the year.

Got them with enormous effort and talking to many people up to $107K but still incredibly frustrating. David Holman should either be fired for incompetence or rewarded with a bonus for screwing a customer out of a final $13K. A "1" is too high a rating but it is the lowest I could give. Terrible reviews, reputation and 1 Yelp rating COMPLETELY DESERVED.

They also have you sign blank documents - not good. Stay away.

Now they are selling it for $150K. Bad, Bad, Bad.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Location
Cons:
  • Bait and switch sales force

User's recommendation: AVOID!

Verified Reviewer

"Putting in my Inverter/Converter backwards"

Updated by user May 09, 2024

On Friday, May 3, 2024 at 01:43:57 PM CDT, Terri Bartlett wrote: Good Afternoon Darlene, As an attempt to resolve this ongoing concern, I have reached out to my boss for guidance. He has offered to cover the current bill at our Kansas City location in the amount of $1,692.10.

In return for covering the bill you would be required to remove all social media posts. You would also be required to sign a General Release with a non-disparagement agreement.

After we have the signed General Release and you have removed all social media posts than you will be able to pick up your camper. Thank you, Terri BartlettRegional Customer Service ManagerOffice: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548Terri.bartlett@***.comLike us on Facebookhttps://***/

Updated by user Apr 28, 2024

I have forwarded many emails I have had with the local offices about this issue to: MarcusVIP@***.com * I would also like a copy of all correspondences between myself and your company on this matter. Thank You for your time

Updated by user Apr 28, 2024

I have been contacted by terry at Corporate who says Camping world will not correct this issue. I am to pay 1600 + for a diagnosis on my RV that says They Hooked in the 3000 Watt Inverter / Converter backwards and NOW they brought it to my Attention this is a Fire Hazzard, and they will not correct their installation error nor fix anything that this error caused.

Original review Apr 19, 2024
Camping World Will NOT Correct this issue, and want to charge me a fee because just to let me know that they put the part in backwards. They electronically hooked up my 3000 watt inverter/converter backwards.
I either need a full refund or I need them to put this part in correctly and up to code. BEWARE
Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not stand behind their work

Preferred solution: Either a Full refund and my RV. or I need it fixed and workable. That is what I paid for.

User's recommendation: BEWARE = they do not warranty their own work

Darlene W Ctf

UPDATE: Corporate will not do anything, even though the signs says If you are not satisfied call or email: I had been told by the Camping World Store my RV Inverter/Converter 3000 watt may not be working properly. They could not get one that large but did look it up and told me where I could get one.

I picked one up at Home Depot in case that was the issue. I took the RV to camping world after I had just Bought 4 new batteries. The place I bought them from did not work on RV’s so said to have Camping world hook them up. I made an apt with Camping World and let them know that my lights and fan on the inside worked and then did not.

They were going to hook up the batteries, and if the batteries were not the problem, I had the Inverter/Converter there if they needed to change that out. They said the batteries were not the issue, and then they said the Inverter was not working properly. So, they changed that out. They said it was ready to pick up.

So, I had Edria take me there to pick it up. Nothing was working still. I turned it on, and it smelled funny. The batteries started burning.

I shut it off, and they said they fixed it I can take it now. I said no, nothing is still working. I spoke to the manager, and he told me he does not guarantee his installation, I just need to take it and pay for it. I said NO.

I left and said I need this fixed. As we were leaving there was a poster that said ‘If you are not happy, I am not happy’ Call my office 866-232-**** Or Email me at MarcusVIP@***.com. So as I was leaving I was calling this number and left a message. Before I got home I got a call back from them.

I was told they would speak to them and get this fixed. Well after a few days, they said it was ready again. And they charged me another 350. So I went to pick it up and once again it was not working.

This time I was crazy mad. This was ridiculous. The service manager came and walked me through it. He told me that the only problem was the batteries were not charged up.

He said if it does not work this time, he will personally take care of it, and I will not have an issue. After about 30 min, I paid and took the RV. (I also paid extra for them to do a slide out oil on it, because we did not know when that was done last, and they fixed some light and stuff.) I took it to WOF camping and plugged it in for a couple days, nothing. It was still not working.

I called the corporation again and did not get a response from them. But I did get a phone call from Kevin at the local office. He apologies, and said he can see that the paperwork was not done right as to show all the work they did on the RV which should be covered by the company warranty. He said he is the one I will be dealing with, no one knows about it, so only speak to him from now on.

I let him know I had surgery that day, so It would be about a month or so before I can drive again. I contacted him as soon as I was up and around. I then got the run around from him, and he would not correct the paperwork, or the issue. I have many emails to show this.

I took it to Wolf Lodge to show someone the unit, and when I went to slide out the slider, it did not work. It stayed out some, because I did not want to screw it up more, I took it to the local Camping world. I let them know what was going on. They said no problem.

I said once the warranty work is done, then we can talk about anything else that needs done. But first I need this warranty work done before I will agree to any other fees. They said no problem. We had a bad winter, and they called a few times saying they were waiting on a price for parts, then they could not get to the unit.

I spoke to Beth on Monday and was told she would get this done for me. She gave me a price of about 500 or less for extra things they found wrong. I said great, but do not fix anything until the warranty work is complete. She said no problem.

Then my daughter called and was told it was fixed, they took it to camping world in Grain Valley, they fixed their installation error, and it was ready to be picked up. I owed 2000. To pick it up. I texted Beth and asked her what the 2000.

Was for and told her thank you for getting this done so quick. She said no problem and explained why I needed to pay the 2000. I asked for an itemized work order, because that is not what we spoke about earlier that week. She then said Wait..

Let me figure this out. She got back to me and said NO Work had been done on my RV YET. She said Grain Valley will not approve the work. I said let’s call corporate then.

She said she can not, she instructed me to call corporate. I then called corporate and was told Terry in Grain Valley was typing and saying I never even paid my bill in Grain Valley, and she will not cover anything. She also said that Grain Valley does not cover their work, only their parts and because I did not buy the part from them, there is nothing Grain Valley will do. I was pissed.

I have since been getting contacted by this Terri who keeps telling me that Camping world will not fix this installation error. I was also told that I need to pay Kansas City Camping world to fix it, because it is NOW a fire hazzard. So weekly I am trying to get this taken care of, I have an RV that is still at Camping World and not safe to drive because they put in my inverter/converter backwards. This was my response today from Corporate: You know it was either last week or the week before when I was told that my RV was ready for pick up and that it had already been fixed.

It had been taken to the Green valley center and fixed the way it was supposed to be. I was ready to pick it up. I have no problem picking up my RV when it’s done and safe to drive Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 1:12 PM, Darlene wrote: Still pissed off and now being pushed to pick up and pay for my RV not working and a fire hazard!! Darlene wright 408-338-**** Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone On Thursday, May 2, 2024, 12:21 PM, Terri Bartlett wrote: Dear Darlene, I am sorry but at this time we have exhausted all efforts on your customer service ticket.

We have worked very closely with our regional team and multiple service directors and have all come to an agreement that there is nothing else we can do for you at this time. The bill must be satisfied and this unit picked up by Friday May 10 or we will begin charging storage fees. Thanks so much and have a nice day. Terri Bartlett Regional Customer Service Manager Office: (844) 632-**** Ext 2548 Terri.bartlett@***.com Like us on Facebook https://***/ Like us on Facebook!

This is NOT a bill issue.

Camping World FAQs

Winnie Murugi
Winnie Murugi
PissedConsumer Reporter

Camping World specializes in a wide range of camping products and services, including campers, RVs, RV parts and accessories, RV maintenance and repair services, and camping gear. It is one of the largest RV companies, with over 27000 dealers across the US.

Camping World FAQs

Camping World complaints on PissedConsumer.com indicate that most customers have had a dissatisfactory experience with the company. The top complaints are poor customer service, faulty RVs and campers, unreliable service, and unclear warranty terms.

You can file a complaint directly with Camping World via their customer service contacts – on email, phone, or live chat. If the company does not resolve your issue, file a complaint with your local consumer protection office, state attorney general, or the Federal Trade Commission.

The Camping World return policy stipulates that you can return items in unused or unopened condition, for a refund or exchange, within 90 days. Unopened items should be sent back in their original packaging, while a copy of the original receipt should accompany unused items. You can return items via mail or to a retail center.

Camping World does not indicate the terms and procedure for canceling their extended warranty. Contact their customer support for assistance.

Camping World buys used RVs and also sells used RVs on behalf of the owner. Contact Camping World or fill out the “Start RV selling Process” on their website to start the selling process.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article