When we purchased our new Fifth Wheel in October 2017 the salesman raved about the new technology Reese Revolution Hitch that adjusts itself when installed on a short bed pickup. Since we were living in our RV for the winter months we had no occasion to try out the turning radius until this spring when we took it out for a road test prior to preparing to head north for the summer. Nearly crunched the cab of our truck when practicing backing into a campsite. Unrelated to this we decided to have air bags installed on the pickup and had this done at Camping World Route 501 location. While there I asked the technician, Russ, why we weren’t able to make sharp turns like we had been told we would. He took measurements to be sure the hitch had been installed where it should and then advised us that there are a couple of bolts that, if there, would need to be removed in order for the Reese Revolution to allow for the sharper turning radius we were looking for. When we returned to the campground we looked where he described and sure enough the bolts were still there so I called the store back thinking we would need help removing them and left a message on Russ’ voice mail. He never returned my call. A friend in the campground had a socket and ratchet that fit the bolts and was able to remove them. We left for Vermont on April 30, happy to be headed home, all was well. We needed to gas up when we reached Kenly, NC and pulled into Flying J Truck stop. As we went around the sharp turn into the lot the hitch jackknifed and the fifth wheel swung around and crashed into the body of the truck. Good Sam Elite Membership was awesome and got a repair man out to us within an hour. He replaced the bolts and cautioned us not to make sharp turns. Subsequently I have learned about the wedge that needs to be installed when the bolts are removed!!!!!!!!!!

Please train technicians and salesmen to inform customers about how this Reese Revolution system works. We weren’t hurt (or killed) which is amazing. I feel that the hitch should have been set up for our short bed truck before we left the dealership on the day we purchased the RV. Why would it not be???????

I have heard horror stories about your organization and had a horrible experience the day we took ownership of our fifth wheel ending up being at the dealership from early morning until 8 pm at night having the fifth wheel installed. No one offered to get us a bite to eat or make any accommodations for us. Then our trade in travel trailer was sold and taken off the lot before we were able to transfer our personal belongings to the new unit. You can’t make this stuff up!!

I guess there are enough suckers out there to keep you in business. I know stuff happens and I have tried to keep an open mind but when your neglect puts my life in jeopardy I can’t defend that.

Review about: Camping World Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments