1.3
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I bought the Good Sam extended warranty from Camping World on my 2016 Hideout.While driving to camp in Sep 17 I noticed my suspension was popping badly going strait down the road over every little bump.

Upon getting to the campground it was constantly popping driving slowly over gravel in the campground. I listened and it was coming from the suspension. I took my TT to Camping World Burlington to pay the lower deductible. First of all it is nearly impossible to reach a maintenance consultant and when you finally do they act like they are so busy and that you are inconveniencing them by calling.

On the third week the consultant went on vacation. On the 4th week he was out sick. I demanded to speak to someone else. I had to explain everything over to new person.

Finally after a month I get a call back saying they can’t find anything wrong except that the TT showed signs of overload(even though I’ve never had close to 2000 lbs in there) but that it would be $1100 to make the popping go away. So I have a two year old trailer that I am now going to have to replace all of the bushing and suspension bolts myself along with potentially the leaf springs even though I have a warranty. The sales department was shady and the Maint Dept is abysmal.

Never go to Camping World for anything.I didn’t head the warning and now regret it!!

Review about: Good Sam Rv Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Good Sam warranties are junk, as is a good Sam membership.

FOOL'S GOLD

Camping World is a total ripoff,

They're looking for suckers and treat everyone as if they are.

Yes I agree with both.

So I get into the dealership and speak to the service manager Jim who says I owe them $120 for troubleshooting.After a 45 min discussion he was nice and dropped the charges but he openly admitted that it is normal to spend several thousand in repairs per year on newer rigs after the warranty runs out.

He also admitted that the service contracts will usually only pay when parts catastrophically fail, not because they are wearing out. If RV owners waited for things to catastrophically fail we would likely wreck our rig or cause harm to someone else’s.

Warranty in hand, the reality is I am left with buying my own wet bolt and bushing kit unless I am willing to risk catastrophic failure.I probably won’t be buying an RV again.

You actually have two issues, the first is the horrible customer service at Camping World. The other is how poorly RV's are manufactured.

We both would love to buy an RV, but can't seem to find one in our price range that is well built.