My husband and I have a National Dolphin Class A Motorhome that we purchased at the Louisville TN Camping World location. We love the motorhome and very much dislike the service department.

We decided we wanted to install a tow package to tow our Jeep behind the RV. Now we are relatively new to camping and don't know what specific parts we needed for a tow package so we relied on the sales staff from the service department to detail the work order for us and we scheduled the job to be completed.

Our Work Order 256-2843675 had a quote for a tow package for $2,072.85 with the parts and labor broken out --we decided we could afford that and scheduled the work to be completed.

What we did not know was that the work order did not contain a quote for a separate tow bar. Apparently the service department had us confused with a different customer who had his own tow bar already installed on the motorhome and we were given the wrong quote.

Unfortunately we did not now this --the initial work was completed on the Jeep installing the all of the parts relevant to the Jeep.

We were called that the installation on the Jeep was finished and to bring in the motorhome to complete the installation and be shown how to tow the Jeep with the motorhome.

At this point, AFTER ALL THE WORK WAS ALREADY COMPLETE and not before, we received the work order with a NEW TOTAL of $2,884.31. We had not received notice either verbally or in writing that there would be a cost difference of $811.46.

The service department representative apologized to my husband and said that it was his mistake. He said he had us confused with a different customer.

We were not prepared for a difference in price of $811.46. My husband took the motorhome and Jeep home-- I stayed behind because I still had questions related to the charges on the work order.

The service man was rude to me personally when I had questions about the bill after my husband left. I did become quite upset due to the large price difference and the service person was grinning as if this was funny as I was leaving the store.

So bottom line-- service department did not give us a correct quote!

The service department did not notify us that there would be an additional $811 in charges. The service department was very rude to me as I was asking questions.

This is not our first bad experience with the service department. In Oct 203 we needed work completed on the generator--covered by the warranty we purchased. The RV sat on their lot for 4 MONTHS!!! We had to cancel our trip to Disney. It was the winter so the service department let the pipes freeze-- they did replace the pipes and installed a new faucet but never said anything to us or apologize. We noticed because I knew the sink faucet was different and close inspection on the work order noted new pipes and sink faucet. Now I DID ASK THAT THEY WINTERIZE THE RV--they said it was not necessary. Looks like they were wrong and had to fix their error.

I've made a formal complaint to Good Sam Online but not sure that anything will be corrected. I feel in the least, Camping World should have eaten the cost of their mistake and we should have paid the original work order of $2,072. Or in the very least, charged us half of the additional cost.

TERRIBLE COMPANY AND PUTS A BAD NAME ON SUCH A WONDERFUL RECREATION. WE LOVE CAMPING!!!! BUT NOT CAMPING WORLD

Review about: Camping World Sales Representative.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Branson, Missouri, United States #846700

That is why it is called an estimate.

I want to send in an update.I had also sent in a complaint to Camping World main office on their website.

Camping World had to local location in Louisville TN contact us.

The Louisville Camping World location corrected the situation and refunded the difference in the two invoices which was very generous.

The manager was very nice to work with and we are happy with the results.

We have learned that we need to better educate ourselves on RV issues so we will better understand estimates and invoices.

We do so appreciate that Camping World corrected this issue--- turns out we experienced some damage to a storage compartment door on our last trip so we will be going back to Camping World to get help to find a replacement door and have it installed.

I think this time I'll know how to read the estimate and know what questions to ask before actually having work completed.

All in all, I will continue to use Camping World as they were diligent in correcting our situation.Thank you

GoodSamCareTeam
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States #832889

I would like to apologize for all the problems you have experienced.If able please send me a email with your contact information.

We would like help in this matter.

Mark