3.7

I drove 80 miles east to the Springfield, MO. Camping World the day after receiving a sales flyer showing a King Tailgater antenna with free receiver that I wanted for my 5th wheel.

This was Aug. 8th. I was told that they didn't get the receiver's for the sale but they should be in on Friday with the truck, so I had them put the Tailgater away for me and put me down for 2 of the 211-z receivers. My plan was to use it in the Colorado Mountains while helping a friend build his cabin out in the "boonies", with a departure time of this Thursday morning (Aug.

17). Well, the truck showed up but not the receivers, after I called them to check Friday afternoon (I never once got a call from them). Anyway, they supposedly were having some shipped separately and should have them Monday or today (Tues. Aug.

15). I waited to hear from them until 4 p.m. and then I called them again. No receivers and probably won't have them until Thursday or Friday, which does me no good since I'll be on the road heading the other way.

I find it really hard to believe that a company would have a big sale like that without supplying the stores with the products advertised.

Amazing. I told them to put the Tailgater back on the shelf & I won't be going back to that store any time soon (or later).

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Shipping Service.

I didn't like: Really poor customer service from both corporate and local store.

Comments

Most "flyer specials" are negotiated months in advance and often the manufacturer isn't able to supply the units as agreed. The retailer always takes the blame.