3.3
Insurance Quality

Update by user Jul 28, 2016

Magically, an hour after I lodged a formal complaint with Camping World Corporate office, I received a call from my service rep saying that the parts had just arrived!Coincidence?

Probably not, but I took the trailer in this morning for the repair and they were done in under 30 mins with no additional cost. I still feel I was overcharged for time and some 'shop supplies', but the time today was covered by the insurance replacement of the of the items.

I still have a note into CW, about a possible refund.Since they have the best camping supply store in the valley, I will be back there, but don't see myself the service department again.

Original review posted by user Jul 27, 2016

Pretty disgusted with Camping World, Meridian, ID.I took our trailer in for a new plug cord - pigtail between trailer and truck - we squished it and cut a wire inside, our fault ($40 part and $128 installation - a whole hour - really??).

A repair of the air conditioner - incorrect install by the factory (come on Forest River!!) - but since we are the 2nd owner of a 2015 we had to pay for that (ok, maybe an hour total to diagnose and fix, but how much of the $116 'shop supplies' was the tape they said they put on it to fix it? And how many 'shop supplies' were needed when the sway bar and pigtail came with their own parts??), and installation of an anti-sway bar (again - a whole hour - really??) for a grand total, wait for it - $650!!! That is not a typo!! $384 in labor - that is not a typo either.

$128 per hour labor - 3 hours seems excessive for the things that were done. They were quite eager to tell me that our insurance would cover the replacement of a charging station - but it still hasn't come in yet (I have, however been charged the deductible), and one of the biggies - the front electric stabilizer legs quit working (they say it's a switch, so the insurance won't cover) and they don't know when the part will be in. They had it 3 weeks, and it has now been another 2 weeks!

I asked when exactly these parts were ordered, and the service guy, Kenny C, can't seem to give me an order date - he will just 'call me when they come in'.

Camping World won't have my business again.Randi Lansford, email randilansford@gmail if you care to try to repair your credibility.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. user32350606 stated that there is a room for improvement of inflated hourly rates. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of camping world rv repair and associated monetary loss in the amount of $200. Camping World needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned camping world rv repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments