1.6

I’ve never been to complain but my experience with Camping World of Myrtle Beach, SC can not go without at least notifying you of customer services that would never be tolerated with my company.

We purchased a used travel trailer (2 years old) last year. We were not informed that the trailer had a broken axle. Camping World refused to repair it because it was sold “as is”. OK shame on me. Cost me an arm and a leg.

At the time we bought the trailer we also bought the electric brake system. The brake system was installed by a gentleman who had no idea what he was doing. The control was installed near the floor on the drivers side which I can hardly reach must less see. He took off without leaving any instruction or information on the system. Almost wrecked the trailer trying to find out how they worked. Shame on them.

Had the trailer winterized by Camping world last fall. My wife and I took it out for the first time this season this on the weekend of 8/8/15. Connected the water line and flushed out all the water tanks. Turned on the water heater and got nothing but smell of something burning. I immediately went out and opened the water heater cover and found the electrical components not been reinstalled. The heating element was lying on the metal framing of the heater and glowing bright red. This resulted in the heater framing being badly burned and nearly staring a fire. I also found a white powder covering the components around the electrical connections which appeared to be fire depressant. They won't do anything with unless I pay extra for their lack of communication.

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Repair.

Reason of review: Deceptive sales practice and servoce.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Service deptales practice or service dept.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 12, 2015.

Comments