Keysville, Virginia
1.5

Update by user Apr 14, 2016

Bought a used motorhome in January, 2016.Within two weeks, I took it back to have things fixed that were supposed to work already, including both convex drivers mirrors were loose and falling off.

Was charged $129 to fix the antenna up indicator, $129 to fix an engine antifreeze leak, among other more expensive repairs.

Neither of these items were fixed; I found and fixed the antifreeze leak by tightening a hose clamp, and am ignoring the antenna up indicator. Then, when I went to flush the hot water tank, I found that it had been full of water during the frigid months. After cleaning it out and replacing the anode, I connected water only to see it running out of the coach along the slides. Investigation found that the coupling nut on the kitchen sink was broken and thus had run water thru the unit.

On the way to Camping World again, the driver’s side convex mirror fell off into the road, another repair that didn't happen correctly. Camping World charged me $23 for the nut and another $129 to "water test" the unit.

When I turned on several faucets, antifreeze flowed from them...so much for having de-winterized the coach.

Now what did that $129 "water test" actually do?No more Camping World for me.

Original review posted by user Apr 14, 2016

On the way to Camping World again, the drivers side convex mirror fell off into the road, another repair that didn't happen correctly.Camping World charged me $23 for the nut and another $129 to "water test" the unit.

They left the mirror to me to find and replace. During this visit, I also spent $5K to replace the 6 tires that were dry rotted, but had passed their vehicle inspection in January. Bought a used motorhome in January, 2016. Within two weeks, I took it back to have things fixed that were supposed to work already, including both convex drivers mirrors were lose and falling off.

Was charged $129 to fix the antenna up indicator, $129 to fix an antifreeze leak among other more expensive repairs. Neither of these items were fixed; I found and fixed the antifreeze leak by tightening a hose clamp, and am ignoring the antenna up indicator. Then, when I went to flush the hot water tank, I found that it had been full of water during the frigid months. After cleaning it out and replacing the anode.

I connected water only to see it running out of the coach along the slides. Investigation found that the coupling nut on the kitchen sink was broken and thus had run water thru the unit.When I complained to the manager about the $129 water test, he said that their sales work order in January said to de-winterize it and indicated that the damage must have been from that. I informed him that I had not asked to have it de-winterized, but he ignored me and said I had to pay the full bill. This was on Friday.

The following Wednesday, I connected water to the coach to test the hot water heater. When I turned on several faucets, antifreeze flowed from them...so much for having de-winterizing the coach. Worst, I found water dripping from the sides of the coach...yep another leak somewhere.

Now what did that $129 "water test" actually do?No more Camping World for me.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $1000. user60335314 is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. The most disappointing about camping world rv repair at Camping World was services Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments