I called camping world about setting the hitch height on our new 5th wheel.The service manager said that they would do what ever it took to make it correct.

I drove 45 miles to Fife, Washington Camping World. The first tech said we will have to lift the trailer to get it level, but he wanted his supervisor to look at it first. I waited for a 1/2 hour. The supervisor came out and said no problem.

He took my keys and went to move the unit into the shop. Another 1/2 hour later the supervisor walked up to me, gave me my keys back and said yhere was nothing they could do for me and to tow it the way it was. He said "it's fine". There was a 3 1/2 inch difference ,front to rear, on the trailer.

NOT GOOD ! So I drove 45 miles back towards home. I stopped at a hitch shop, RV hitches, Olympia, Wa.

Awsome service !!So 90 miles and 4 hours wasted with Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

I just recently purchased a fifth wheel toy hauler from Camping World and I am not satisfied with the experience.While trying to negotiate the financing, I was continuously forced to contact the dealership as I couldn’t seem to get information otherwise.

Once financing had been agreed on and we sat down to sign the papers, the numbers were incorrect as the Salesman failed to notify the finance department of certain changes to our deal to the tune of $2,000. As with any major purchase, a walk-through inspection was also conducted (which I was charged $1,100 for) to make sure everything worked and that we were familiar with all compartments. While a few discrepancies were identified and taken care of, the real problem was discovered when I got the trailer home and found all three waste tanks (1 black and 2 gray water tanks) where ¾ full with someone else’s waste. Ironically it occurred to me that checking the tanks had not been part of the inspection.

I immediately called to complain and received absolutely no compensation for this grotesque inconvenience which I had been charged for.Let’s just say I will not being doing business with the Sales Department of Camping World again and I will make sure this story gets out to everyone I can on how poorly Camping World processes and deals with sales and customers.

Budlight3, I am sorry for your experience with us last Friday. If you could give me a call, I would like to discuss what happened during your recent visit to our store.

Thank you, Tim.