2.0
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

We purchased a new 2016 Forest River Class C 3051S motor home from Camping World in Hanover PA. after having it for a few months our in dash radio/ nav/ dvd player would cut in and out so we called to set up an appointment to have it repaired. Now my wife and I both work and Hanover is about 1-1/2 hours from our home. So we both had to take off work to deliver our rig to you to repair it. After not hearing anything for almost two weeks we called and found out that just days ago it was pulled in to look at. At that point it was confirmed that unit was damaged and a new one would be ordered. This could take up to 4 weeks to get in. So we just bought a new motor home and cant use it because of a warranty issue. We were also told that we could pick up our rig and use it untill the new parts come in. Lets think this through that would be 3 more days of my wife and i taking off work to get it and drop off again when the parts come in. So in reality in the first 6 months we have this you have it fo two months. oh well things happen move on.

Now for the real unhappiness

In June of 2017 we are getting ready to head to Maine for a 10 day trip. As we pull out of our home we start getting wet as our bunk over the cab is pouring water out all over the driver /passenger areas. so as we are driving my wife is dabbing water up with towels. When we get to our destination Which because of this was not that enjoyable of a journey. We set up removed the mattress put two small fans on the bunk area and the mattress. We make the best of our Maine trip and head home. After we are home we call Camping World in Harrisburg PA because of the last time the Harrisburg location is only 50 minutes for us.We are told that they are so busy that they can not get us in until early September. which we agreed to. One week before we are to take it for repair we see that Hersey camping show is going so we head there. While there we meet up with a Eastern region Forest River rep. We tell him our dilemma. And he tells us that this leak can come from either the window being installed wrong or something with the sealant at the clearance lights. Either way Forest River will good will the repair to us. So the next week I investigate and actually see where the water is coming in at the window and I duct tape the whole window to protect it from any further damage. now knowing that the repair could take weeks I call and bump our appointment until 11/3/17 because we didn't want to miss September and October which are prime camping months.

Now we bring our motor home to Harrisburg on 11/3/17 per our appointment and tell your service manager everything that has happened just as i have written to you. 6 weeks go by we hear nothing. I call to find out how its going thinking we should be able to pick it up soon. The reply i get is the parts were ordered 12/4/17. My unit has been there for 1 month and then the parts are ordered???(FIRST PROBLEM) Okay so i now check in two weeks later and get no parts have come in yet. I keep checking in to hear the same reply. Fast forward to 1/7/18 we decide to stop in to talk to someone about this. But first i go in the back lot to see where my motor home is being stored and see the tape has been removed and no plastic or tarp over the leak area??? (SECOND PROBLEM). We then proceed to go in to talk to our service manager who is off that day. We ask if there is anyone we can talk to about our parts and we are directed to The warranty parts person. who was as helpful as she could be. She confirmed that the parts were indeed ordered on 12/4/17 gave us the PO number. We already had the Forest River Warranty rep number to call but she said that Forest River takes a long holiday break and probably wouldn't be back until mid week. I'm sure this is not the first holiday season you have been through with Forest River and Parts. I too deal with pre engineered building manufacturers that have extended holiday breaks. And we know when the cut off dates are so we can get orders in by so we can keep our customers in the loop to avoid situations like this.(THIRD PROBLEM).

On 1/13/18 we went to the Allentown PA rv show and spoke with a Forest River Rep who apologized for the parts delay. He took down our number and said he would look into our parts. on 1/15/18 my wife received a call that our parts were shipped and should be in Harrisburg by 1/16/18. But no one ordered a new mattress. When we questioned the service manager about this he said OH you want a new one. (FORTH PROBLEM) (Really). On 1/16/18 we received a call for your parts girl saying our parts came in. Then on 1/18/18 the service manager calls and tells us that the parts came in. Oddly enough there desks are less then 20' apart and it takes 2 days to travel that far? Now its Monday 1/22/18 one week since the parts came in and we get a call telling us they started working on our unit and found more damage that will need more parts. (FIFTH PROBLEM) I nearly lost it. You mean to tell me in the month of November that it was sitting up there and with the detailed explanation on what was happening This is where we are? Now that we are to today and you have been paid in full for this unit and i am paying monthly payments, insurance and also having my motor home depreciate faster than it would being on your lot getting snowed on every week and not in my back yard where it would be covered all winter including the tires.Not to mention not knowing when we will get it back! I do know that we are booked for a trip in the end of March. At this rate even that is questionable. As far as I'm concerned you struck out a few problems back. Now is the time to maybe salvage what is left of a very damaged customer relationship. Also I expect the repair to look like a new unit. If not I will not except it and I don't think either one of us wants to see what step would be next. I trust you will do the right thing.

This complaint went unanswered and today 3/13/18 again we hear that even more parts must be ordered. We are at almost six months

Product or Service Mentioned: 2016 Forest River Forester 3051S Rv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service or product warranty, Customer service is not there.

Comments

Do NOT trust them to "Do the right thing", that will NOT happen at any camping world.They should be renamed "clusterf@#k world"