Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

Poor customer service, wasted our time, and outright misled us and they think it is okay

After a lot of research we went to campingworld where we met John our salesman and after some time, we decided to go with the 27ft Palomino. We went back to the office and filled out all the paperwork and we didn't haggle on the price which was $16,995, we offered $1,000 down and they came back and asked us if we could put more down. We offered $1,200 down and John came back from financing and said our payments would be $210, we signed the agreement and he offered to have the camper ready by the next day. We had plans to go to Amarillo Saturday and my husband had to work Friday, so we asked if we could pick it up on Monday. The salesman John said sure, that they would call us and have someone walk through with us and schedule everything for Monday. He shook our hands, everyone said congratulations and he said "well I'm going to go put a sold sign on your camper!"

We were very excited and made camping plans with our friends and family who were co-camper owners. We went out and bought the sheets and the accessories we would need for it and we put a deposit on a storage spot for it.

We did not receive a call on Monday, my husband left a message for our salesman and a message for the finance manager and no one would back. My husband had to drive up there to find out what was going on. The finance manager that he had left a message for came to him and told him that our interest rate would be %18 and our payment would increase and that they wanted $4,000 down, which was not the deal we signed and needless to say we were frustrated and could not understand why they did not just tell us that to begin with and we would not have made all these plans and wasted our time and money. We call and spoke to the General manager Tom Lang and were upset and frustrated and asked him why they would tell us it was a done deal; make us sign an agreement; tell us congratulations; and put a sold sticker on the camper if it was not a done deal at all. He argued with us that his sales people are operating under an assumption and that sometimes the banks change the agreement that they have us sign and that was not their fault. I was flabbergasted that this was how they did business and asked him if they thought it was good business to act as though the deal had gone through and let people believe waste their time and money getting supplies for the camper and putting deposits on storage facilities when there is a possibility that there is no deal and he said he thought it was fine. I informed him that I would post my experience online and let consumers decide if they agreed with him or not.

elambert30 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Camping World to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was mislead and wasted our time. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Camping World puma palomino 27 ft rv for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments