Camping World - Our camper was not locked and secured and therefore stolen off their property
Our camper was in for some warranty repairs and we wanted to add on a spare tire.I was called on Wednesday November 11 (after they had it 6 weeks for what they said would only take 2 weeks) and was told it was ready.
I told them it would be a few days before we could pick it up and they said for us to call ahead of time so they could pull it out. I just happened to drive past camping world on Saturday November 14 and saw my camper was out in the parking lot, not locked or secured, mind you we had yet to call them about pick up. We went in that day, and discovered that not all the requested work had been done, and we told them we'd come back later in the week. They said they noticed Monday November 16 that the camper was no longer there.
They didn't call us or investigate where it was and why it was missing. We owed them $300 for the work they actually DID do, but they didn't call us to see if we had picked it up without paying them. We went in today November 21 only to discover that not one person there knew where the camper was. A $25,000 camper missing.
All our camping gear was inside, linens, a tv, dvd's fishing gear, chairs, life jackets, you name it, if it was used for camping it was in there.We were told by the service manager that we needed to take care of it through our insurance that it wasn't their problem.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of responsibility
- Carelessness for property in their possession
- Lack of security
- Reason of review:
- Negligence and terrible customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Camping World Service Department
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Camping World Panama City, Fl damaged my Motor Home Steps and S/S Trim while working on my unit. It was struck by another RV.. They replaced my steps and..."
- "1800 miles to pick up an rv that I was told countless times by more than one was solid and would get me back home but when I drove..."
- "I bought a used as is Damon Daybreak and habe waited patiently for Hanover Pa. to rectify their poor service depts loss of my front hubcap. I have heard Nothing..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "This company is a scam. I urge anyone who is contemplating a purchase with them to read my review first. I order 2 wigs with them that total 106.18 that..."
- "Dead... root rot.. infested .. Owner is a lair,, He was asked about his plants he said that his customers that complain have no clue about orchids ... Geez what..."
- "Opened a bag of frozen chicken and it is burnt and shredded apart like someone took a ***.. Shouldnt be burnt coming out of an unopened bag. Gross. Bought at..."