Camping World - Our camper was not locked and secured and therefore stolen off their property
Our camper was in for some warranty repairs and we wanted to add on a spare tire.I was called on Wednesday November 11 (after they had it 6 weeks for what they said would only take 2 weeks) and was told it was ready.
I told them it would be a few days before we could pick it up and they said for us to call ahead of time so they could pull it out. I just happened to drive past camping world on Saturday November 14 and saw my camper was out in the parking lot, not locked or secured, mind you we had yet to call them about pick up. We went in that day, and discovered that not all the requested work had been done, and we told them we'd come back later in the week. They said they noticed Monday November 16 that the camper was no longer there.
They didn't call us or investigate where it was and why it was missing. We owed them $300 for the work they actually DID do, but they didn't call us to see if we had picked it up without paying them. We went in today November 21 only to discover that not one person there knew where the camper was. A $25,000 camper missing.
All our camping gear was inside, linens, a tv, dvd's fishing gear, chairs, life jackets, you name it, if it was used for camping it was in there.We were told by the service manager that we needed to take care of it through our insurance that it wasn't their problem.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of responsibility
- Carelessness for property in their possession
- Lack of security
- Reason of review:
- Negligence and terrible customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Camping World Service Department
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with my experience at Camping World. I apologize for the long review but, if you're buying a RV from this company you should read on: On..."
- "I bought a 2012 fifth wheel about 2 months ago from Camping World in Gulf Breeze. They held my camper there about 1-2 weeks as I was unable to move..."
- "I bought a 1999 holiday rambler 36', the sales man told me to come down and look at it, so me and my wife went down, well the sales man..."
- "Bought the jacket as a early Christmas present for my girlfriend. After one week of her wearing a button falls off the front. I contacted Zappos, the company I ordered..."
- "Magic Jack is knowingly selling tens of thousands devices to the Indian Payday Loan scammers. These scammers, using the guise of the US Government, Advance America, Cash Advance..."
- "This company is a scam. I urge anyone who is contemplating a purchase with them to read my review first. I order 2 wigs with them that total 106.18 that..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."
- "I purchased a brand new laptop computer on November 29th and it was sent on November 30th. I received the computer on December 6th. On Decemberr 7th, I opened the..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."