1.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I bought a Forest River Wildwood 27REI in March of 2017. I really loved this travel trailer yet I truly regret the purchase due to repairs that started as soon as it was delivered.

I had no hot water for over a month, fought with service to fix it, microwave never worked, thermostat had issues. There is so much more to add to my experience but I will get to the point as of today May 8, 2018.

Camp World is not equipped to deal with customers who have RV's that need service warranty repairs. My RV faucet in the kitchen had a leak, it eventually busted at the top of faucet and flooded my RV. Camp world picked up the RV, Early February of 2018, it has been exhausting to be put in the middle of service dept.

and the warranty dept. The RV sat approximately 2 months before the underbelly was opened up to reveal what kind of water damage had occurred. I had to fight the warranty company to investigate the under part of the RV. The insulation was wet...

mold was discovered. The warranty dept. took it upon themselves to instruct Camp World to clean up the mold yet they are not mold experts so I asked for an expert. The warranty company denied to reopen the underbelly and have a mold expert clean it up professionally.

I basically asked for a refund of the RV. The warranty company refused to give one but did offer a 2,500 down payment for a new camper. I accepted the offer and did pick out a new RV, myself and Camp world did come to a price I would accept. Before this transaction could go through the warranty company retracted the 2,500 for the new RV due to a complaint I verbally made with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration because I felt it would not be safe for my severely autistic daughter to be exposed to a water damaged possible toxic mold inhalation in the RV.

In that report that someone else wrote that had my name and address wrong said I admitted to freezing burst pipes in the bathroom that already had mold. The vin# was the only thing written that was correct on that complaint. I fought with the warranty company because no matter what was written in that complaint it was not what was found or repaired on my RV. I have a itemized list of repairs done to my RV.

Again, the faucet in the kitchen broke due to a manufactures defect and flooded my RV. The warranty dept. still denied covering my RV even though the work has concluded with no evidence of what that person at the NHTSA wrote. I called Camp World corporate May 7, 2018 to explain the situation.

As of today 3 months later nothing has been resolved with my RV. I did get a call from Justin Hawk in service yesterday May 7,2018 who asked me to come pick up my RV. I told Justin I wouldn't pick it up and didn't he know I was trying to trade it for a new RV? Justin is one of the nicest guys over at Camp World but a little ignorant to the current situation.

I do believe he was instructed to call me back because none of the other managers in that office want to deal with my current dilemma. Once the warranty company pulled the 2,500 for a down payment for a new RV, everyone at Camp World has denied me a new RV, I don't exist to them now. I was working with a sales guy by the name of Wes, who won't return a call or e mail. Sales manager Matt has not returned my call either, he was supposed to get back to me about still going forward with the trade.

I did offer to put down $500 on a new camper and would like my extended warranty money back from the previous camper.

In my file at camp world I agreed to mediate any legalities between myself and camp world. I have left several messages to go ahead and do this before I obtain a lawyer and still no one from Camp world with authority will return my call and work this out.

Review about: Forest River Rv.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Justin hawk.

I didn't like: Issues after buying and poor response of store.

Comments

None of your correspondence with the company in question was provided in writing and served via Certified Mail return receipt requested ; therefore it doesn't exist. You've wasted a ton of time and your golden opportunity for satisfaction.