State: New York City: Syracuse Clear all filters (21 of 3365 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Camping World in Syracuse, New York - Workers

1.3
The company treats their associates like garbage and they even treat the customers like garbage too. Syracuse store needs to change or get shut down
Review

Resolved: Camping World in Syracuse, New York - VERRY DISAPPOINTED (BECAREFULL)

5.0

Update by user Jan 28

i was advised they would supply the correct new 30 pound propane tanks so all is well

Original review posted by user Jan 27

very disappointed in in this place !!! just bought a used 27 foot travel trailer set a time to pick it up when arrived the trailer was still outside in the snow waited over an hour to have them bring it inside it was covered in road grime and salt spray ,2 inches of snow on roof so i could not check the condition they couldn't even have the thought fullness to wash it off !!! also was supposed to have 2 new full propane tanks when i removed the cover and checked on site they were empty and not the correct 30 Pound tanks they put little 20 pound tanks these are not correct for a camper that size even the manufacture states 2-30 pound tanks, also it was inspected and passed when i got home i noticed the 2 rear tires are wore out on the inside from a bent axle or over load was also told the wheel bearings were repacked this was. Not true as I disassembled all 4 hubs had old baked on grease in the hubs and old seal's still waiting for a return call from the manager as of 1-26-19 will update just be-careful when you buy from this place
Resolved
Review
Cons
  • Switching propaine tanks to save money
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
supply 2 new full 30 pound tanks like the trailer came with look at the specs giving 20 pound tanks to save a $$ is totaly wrong i will give you the other 2 small taks back to you i will buy the replacemen tires myself they should not have passed inspecti
Tags
  • Camping World Customer Service

Camping World in Syracuse, New York - 100k newmar disaster

Good evening Erin, Well where do we begin. I've already wasted more time and effort than I ever wanted to on this giant cluster *** The only thing I think of when i see or even here of camping world is the smell of *** coming out of storage tanks on an rv that was winterized at your facility, let alone a unit I just purchased! Might want to check on all the other units to see if there still full of *** also. I may have gotten a little cranky, but honey just imagine me *** pissed. I'm over this whole thing! You guys dropped the ball and to be honest the whole store should get a complete makeover. I'll be honest you've been a bigger help than that weseal mike, but you still gave me the run around. I totally understand why. Because you are as dumbfounded as i am that this has even come to this. To be honest, Id rather take my 20k cash back, and walk away. I mean cash! Real money, money that was worked for! Im not some *** who fell into cash. I bust my *** and work for this *** up, corrupt system. Ive done my time, I've seen alot. Thats why when I get the run around, Or mike sends the service tech to ask me whats going on this morning. The guy that cleaned house, fired 35 people when was hired. HE WAS THE MAN TO TALK 2! What a *** He couldnt believe his detail team did that, said he was gunna fire people. Said I'll make them sit in there for 6 hrs and clean it for punishment, then I get there at all hours of the morning to still find it sitting there. Would you be upset yet? How about he tells me hes a big shot and to use his name anywhere in the country and he would take care of me. How about he says get it back here and we will have it done today and I end up sleeping in it that night where I left it. This *** blamed the service tech for not locking it up or getting keys. I'm postive mikey just never said anything or gave a *** The service tech and Ashlee are the only 2 that have been helpful. Luckily I have a close friend whos an Attorney, I'm contacting the proper channel's, BBB, Attorney General, etc, etc. Pretty sure im going to channel 9 news tomorrow just so we have a camera crew showing the whole world what a 2nd delivery of an rv looks like. I want copies of any and all paperwork envolved. From the title to the inspection. I want a title search done and i want to talk to the mechanic who went through this originally, just to ask how "they" (gotta b politically correct know days) lives everyday knowing he has no pride in "their" work. Otherwise keep it on the lot. Im done *** around and playing games.If it took only 2 hrs and a test drive in the morning after all this,. Why wasn't it done yesterday? ? Why is it , that almost the same exact time as yeaterday.. when i exploded , probably cause i was hangry did i drop it off and it sat all night with me sleeping in it watching, Protecting my investments, yes investments as in 2. I specifically told that *** mike to take care of that bike and there she sat . Cold and dirty. Which your going to have clean prior to delivery I AM NOT KIDDING with that special ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SYSTEM, that apparlently can be applied to bug splatter and dirt and grime and still protect the paint. I will not take delivery until you would feel comfortable driving with your family across country and the bike is clean. Should have u pay for the paint i scratched moving the *** thing because 1 again mike said hurry back with it and long story short bike was in back i didn't want to break my back lifting the tailgate and ended up scratching the *** out of 1 yr old paint. So maybe that might add to me being pissed on top of my wife and 3mth old sitting outside cause Mike kept putting that *** finger in my face saying 1 min im with another customer *** Like today. I asked him to look what i have been *** about and he says my manager wants to see me i cant right now. STANDING IN FRONT OF IT. Thats when i said get the *** out of my face before i lay u out. In total disgust. Ill stand in front of a grand jury and tell nothing but the truth. I also have no problem spending the rest of my life telling,and showing the world what a great time at camping world. Can u imagine a rolling billboard driving across the country and sitting in front of the CAMPING WORLD'S NASCAR SERIES hilbilly *** Big banner or maybe spray paint cause i just dont give a *** anymore. Telling everyone to go to my youtube videos showing the *** u send out the door. Honey, i could care less about a detail, or bin door shocks, and what not but just tell me. Tell me for the luv of god. U sent me down the road not knowing where the lights ,mirrors, windshield wiper controls were located. No 1 even walked me out the door 2 say good bye let alone show me where anything was. I figured it out . But imagine??? 60 yr old retired man or especially a WOMAN who TYPICALLY buys such a unit were to walk out blind sided or crushed buy the tailgate know 1 opened .Should we get started on the detailed walk through that i was raved about by Kelly ? Mister I think a ladder apparatus goes here. What a dill hole. IVE GOT A GREAT IDEA.! MAKE THE SERVICE TECH WHO HAS BEEN THE GREATEST IN CHARGE OF THE PLACE, THE 2 GUYS WHO GET STUCK MOVING UNITS AND EMPTYING *** ALL DAY IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN *** PATROLLERS AND ASHLEE CAN RUN SERVICE, CAUSE APPARENTLY ANY *** CAN RUN CAMPING WORLD . "No disrespect ladies and gentlemen "I'm horrible with names" and Ashlee only cause she gave me her card. Lol. CAMPING WORLD HAS TURNED A DREAM INTO A NIGHTMARE. THANKS. I will never return to your location after 2 jerkoffs try to flex on me. Ill wipe the floors with the both of them. QUOTE END QUOTE. I'll get ahold of 9 news see if they or anyone wants a good story, cause you know we all luv that, in the morning and go from there. Nice neutral location. Warm, lots of lights , camaras, the whole 9, Im gunna turn my frown upside down by showing the world how not to get treated. Again camping world has ruined the beginning of hopefully a great experience. But who knows, NOW EVERYTIME THE THINGS SQUEAKS,CREEKS OR MOANS . Im gunna *** regret the purchase. Maybe ill send Newmar an update also on how there product is being resold. Im not a perfect person nor do I claim to be and I understand the ins and outs. Im not who your use to dealing with. But come the *** on Erin. Youve been there 15 yrs. Do u want ur name on this. I know your better than this, mike on the other hand will always b a weasel. Im not quite sure how the saying goes but its kinda like this. SNITCHES GET STICHES *** U WANNA RAT ME OUT 4 TELLING THE TRUTH. I ONLY TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY IVE BEEN TREATED. INSTEAD OF STICHES LETS JUST GO TO THE MEDIA. 5 yrs in the feds taught me enough to watch what I say. Probably already sad 2 much as it is. Basically camping world sucks. I will not return to your establishment. Find another location. For delivery. Its best for everyone involved especially me. Clearly me saying im upset is an understatement ! I WILL NEVER RETURN TO YOUR ESTABLISHMENT FIND ANOTHER PLACE FOR DELIVERY!!! MAKE SURE U WOULD FEEL LIKE U GOT A GREAT DEAL AND U WOULD DRIVE UR FAMILY ACROSS COUNTRY. REMEBER MY ELITE GOOD SAM GAVE ME A FREE INSPECTION AT ANY CAMPING WORLD AND ONCE I LEAVE SYRACUSE SOMEWHERE I WILL STOP 2 HAVE IT INSPECTED. CAMPING WORLD CAUSED ME TO BE LIKE THIS!!! IM PRETTY SURE I COULD HAVE SPENT 100K IN A BETTER WAY THAN TORTURING MYSELF WHILE BUYING AN RV. THE NEXT 100K I SPEND WILL BE MAKING CAMPING WORLD RESPECT THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD. Erin u have been kind and helpful thank you. Tap to get Yahoo Mail On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM, Erin McClure wrote: Good morning Jeff-are you up? Erin McClure Delivery Coordinator Camping World Of Syracuse 7030 Interstate Island Rd Syracuse, NY 13209 P#315-451-1266 F#315-451-1492

UHHHHH ....WHAT ?

Camping World Rv Warranty
Pros
  • Have a water bowl for my pit
  • Being repeatedly lied to
Reason of review
Paid for paint protection and was never applied to the " whole unit" 2x. Waiting on 3rd
Fix it before I do. I'm done with this *** hole

Camping World - A Horrible Place in Syracuse NY

We bought a brand new 2019 Cougar tow behind to the tune of 40,000 dollars and it has been nothing but a night mare. We took it back Sep 1st and were told on Dec 1st that everything that we found wrong with it was fixed WE drove 2hrs to come and pick it up and most of the stuff was not fixed The cover to the hot heater is MIA We were so upset, The service dept, is very rude The employees apparently don't know how to fix the problems They more or less in not so many words called us liars about the refrigerator and the air conditioner not working right. We just know what to do now . I would never recommend this place to anyone. It is definitely a place to stay away from The Latremore Family Angry

Thx

Camping World Rv Repair
Cons
  • Anything about this place
Poor customer service

Camping World in Syracuse, New York - Tried to give them a 2ND Chance.....another epic failure......

1.3
3 years ago i purchased a hybrid camper from them, when i went to pick it up, they had it in a stall inside to show me the workings of the unit. They said that they couldn't unroll the awning because of the space we were in (red light) . So, i took the camper home and on the first trip we opened the awning and it was torn 3/4 of the length of it. I called and they said it was "as is" because it was a used camper. I fought with them for 4 months and finally they gave me the cost of the awning, but i had to pay the install. I was not happy, i thought they were very deceptive. Fast forward 3 years and we are ready for a class c motor home. We went to an event at NYS fair and saw the perfect coach we wanted and it was with Camping World . The salesman JUMPED on us and penned a deal quickly. I looked at the deal and it was giving me more than i expected for a trade, s i asked "is this right?" and he said yes, i need the deposit. We gave him $2k on the spot. Later in the week i decided to call Camping World to make arrangements for the pick up, and the sales manager looked at the SIGNED deal and said "there is a mistake" He said they "overstated the trade" .... here we go again i thought...... bottom line is they wanted $7k more. I said please refund my deposit immediately. from that point forward i was treated like a POS . 3 weeks later and i still do not have the money back!!!! They are giving me the run around. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!! I bought a new class c at MEYER'S RV for less than the used one with the exact floor plan!!!!! Still do not have my deposit back!!!!

Wow, 3 RV complaints out of 8 posts right now ... cementing their position as the most complained of bigger ticket item receiving regular posts to this website. I'm afraid the sellers of such things must view their customers as "fish on the hook".

@Anonymous

That's unfortunate, Ive had nothing but an amazing experience at this location, they answered promptly and worked it out right away.

MoodyIbis108

Camping World is focused on sales and NOT Customer Service!!

View more comments (2)
Camping World Sales Representative
Cons
  • Inadequate staff
  • Has not met my expectations at all
$2000
MY DEPOSIT BACK!!!!!
Tags
  • management
  • Poor Communication

Camping World in Syracuse, New York - This place is terrible...

2.2
We bought a brand new Keystone Cougar camper from them in mid-July. We have been able to use it all of NINE days. There are leaks from multiple windows, stove vent, and water pools on the kitchen counter from who knows where when it rains...? Interior trim is buckling and loose. It has been in their service lot more than it's been in our driveway. Takes weeks to get a warranted part and another week to put it in. The last straw? The last time they had it in for repair the repair guy left a mess all over the interior, the batteries were dead, and there is now a dent in the metal trim up by the gutter. Pretty obvious that it got backed into an overhead door or something the last time they had it. I would never recommend this place! They want the sale but after that you are treated like an annoying fly.
Keystone Rv Rv
Pros
  • Few of the staff is excellent
Cons
  • Quality of work
  • Customer service with repair individuals
  • Total lack of support after the sale
Bad quality

Camping World in Syracuse, New York - Dishonest to say the least

See video on you tube. camping world review the truth. My experience mirrored this scam.
Camping World Customer Care

Camping World - Syracuse new york

what a bunch of deceptive people. Kelly Roth, her boss Kevin and the sales manager tried to pull a bait and switch. Agreed to $74500 price out the door, I gave a deposit, a few days later they said the price didn't include 8% sales tax and new price was $80,200 STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRANCH Other offices , Roanoke, etc are fine. When other branches quoted me RV pricing they sent through actual written quotes.This branch said they would follow up with written quote but never did. I have call into corporate camping world, waiting to see if they will help me locate a travato at promised price. I thought salesman in automotive industry were bad these people make them look like saints

Camping World of Syracuse NY. LIARS. I wonder if they will do so under oath in court.

@Jack

Jack, Just purchased a 2012 Newmar 3920 toy hauler. What a disaster.

Unit was winterized and they left both grey/black tanks 2/3 full of somebody's *** water . Paid for platinum package with paint protection. Never washed or detailed the unit prior to application. Bin doors without shocks.

Driver / passenger window seals bad. Couldnt see out of the windows to see the mirrors. They did install new tires, but no alignment. Steering wheel at 3'oclock while driving.

Returned it and promised it would be back that night. No word. Had a couple cocktails and had an uber bring me there just to see if it was moved. Nope still in the same spot, doors unlocked, keys where I left them and my 30k Harley sitting in the back.

200$ in uber and went back with pillow and blanket and fired it up. Slept and waited till morning. Non the less I was escorted off the property cause of a slight altercation between me and mike m.. They called said it was done and would call the next day for another walk through.

Never called. I went to look at it on my own at 5 a.m. found unlocked with my bike still in the back and dirt all over after they said they re-applied the paint protection. Windows not done and more.

Here it is sunday no unit no bike. Waiting to travel with my family to CALIFORNIA for work restoring power after the firestorms. My current mission is to turn this 100k coach into a 100k billboard and spend the next month traveling down Rt66 tell everyone not to buy from them. I'm gunna install monitors in my vehicle I'm towing playing all the videos of everything.

I'm going to start viral videos and set up YouTube. They F****d with the wrong guy this time . Contacted a lawyer. Looking into a class action suit.

Marcus doesnt respond. His facebook page is just loaded with his vacation pics. Does campingworld sponsor nascar still. Plan on parking out front with a megaphone.

These people will pay. Kelly Roth also sold mine. I didnt even pay attention as much as I should of.

Put 20k cash down. Wonder how screwed I'm gunna b

Camping World Customer Care
Pricing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Camping World in Syracuse, New York - Worst Customer Service EVER

We purchased a 2012 Zinger 31’ Camper from them brand new. Worst purchase we could have ever made. Worst place to purchase from, Great until they deliver your camper then they don’t want to know anything. Was supposed to come with a 32” TV that fit in the entertainment center, they tried putting a 19” in the space instead. We got it Home, put the 2 slideouts out, out came the seals with them. They came to our house to put them back on. Now I am not sure that was the proper way to install them because we had leaks on the side walls where the slide-outs meet the main walls of the camper that we found by accident. After a month of having the camper I noticed the wall paper had little pimple bubbles under the big window. I called and was told it was a glue defect. Labor Day weekend 2017 my daughter put a flimsy clothes rack thru the wall that got caught between the wall and slideout. Looking at the damage, we noticed the wall was wet inside. We took our camper to Camping World in Syracuse NY at the beginning of October 3017. It is now 8 months later, they still have my camper. The Insurance company paid them Months ago! They only replaced the one panel on the side wall and the panel by the big window which had also been leaking all this time and that’s why the little bubbles were on the wall paper, it wasn’t a glue defect. My concern from the beginning was making sure All the panels in the back bedroom matched. After months of not hearing back from them, I finally received a reply after putting this all on the Facebook advertisement comment section. I was contacted and sent a picture showing how the Panels Did Not Match. I was told by the parts Manager he was going to make this right and would be ordering all the same panels so it’s not an eye sore and noticeable. 2 Weeks later it’s still not done. Today he tells me He’s waiting on the wallpaper. I say wallpaper what do you mean wallpaper. That’s how we are going to match up the back room. There is a Big Difference between Wall Paper and Panels! Panels come prefabricated and wall paper needs to be applied. How on earth is that going to hold up? I am Not a Happy Camper and I am waiting for the Corporate Office to return my phone calls. I would Never purchase from them again not tell anyone looking to buy a camper to buy from them without telling them about my horrible experience.AngryBullshitBullshitWtf
2012 Crossroads Rv Zinger Zt31Sb Rv

Has verified representatives
280 reviews
2.5
Compare

Syracuse Camping world General manager SUCKS!!!

We purchased a brand new camper at the Syracuse winter RV show. We bought a $26K new camper and when we bought we were promised "MEGA camping package" but when we paid and picked up the camper we got nothing we were promised.There was a flyer showing all of the items but they subbed everything for different stuff. It was Bait and switch. General manager was arguing with us over a few hundred dollars worth of merchandise we were promised.. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE..we were told the package depended on item availabilty. Well they had almost everything from the flyer in the store but put different items of lesser value in the camper. Buyer beware of these promotional packages!

And Rich says he respects Veterans his Grandfather was a Korea Vet one word to rich *** the only thing you respect is your bottom line of the dealership you run

I totally agree with youThe Fort Myers store in its entirety is horrible. There is NO customer service in ANY department.I unfortunately made the mistake and am sorry still today as I wait on warrantee issues!Management If you’re out there reading this and care at all you need to make this right!!Call me

Camping World Manager