We purchased our second new Winnebago several months ago. We knew the Diamond Shield needed to be replaced and the dealer agree to do it. On the two hour drive home we found the in dash radio did not work. Once home we found the TV needed some work. Back to the dealer the next week, after a few days, the dealership called and told me a new radio would be ordered and the TV was fixed. We made the two hour trip only to find that now the outside TV did not work. We had to leave it another day.

From the dealership we headed north for our first trip. The outside mirror on the driver side vibrates severely at 55 mph. The wood trim over the TV fell off. We soon learned that the vent in the rear bath would not open, and then the vent in the half bath would not open. The kitchen faucet drips when water is under pressure. The first night we found a broken light switch in the rear bath (no other light); the handle to open sofa bed was broken off. The sofa chair that folds out from sofa would not lock in upright position. The latch that holds the shade shut on screen door was missing. Then it rained and the water came in around the rear bath vent and water flowed in from under the sofa. At the end of the week we attempted to connect the dump hose and dumped black sewage all over the service compartment. After several attempts is was clear that the grey and black water system could not be used.

This unit has been setting on the lot for at least nine months. Is there water damage in the roof or floor? How to we determine this and if it show up later…

There is also the issue of prorated refunds for the previously purchased warranties from the Ocala Camping world. I was told eight weeks ago, I should see the check in about six weeks.

I called the Lake City Camping World yesterday. I was told there is an open work order but no information on a radio being ordered. I was told the assigned service advisor would call me.

This has been an extremely unpleasant experience. I did not realize Winnebago put such a low priority on quality control. I also cannot believe that after a month of rain this fall, the dealer did not realize this unit had water leaks.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $130000. rnh43 is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. The most disappointing about winnebago vista at Camping World was walk through and customer service and unadvertised policies Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments