We picked out the new 2018 travel trailer at Camping World of Sherman on 6/15 and were told to come pick it up at 3:00 on 6/16/2018. This was so they could get it ready and make sure everything was in working order!

We arrive at 230. Around 430 after being told they are really busy, other people were late to appts, etc we are finally told it's our turn to sign the papers and take our camper home. Great! We look over the camper and find the chair has a worn spot that is almost a hole.

They say they can't replace it but can have someone fix it. OK, whatever. We sign the papers, buy the extended warranty and go to take it home. They were already closed at this point.

We get down the road and realize they did not put a paper tag on the camper but luckily we made it home without it. Then the fun begins!! We get it home, leveled, electricity and water hooked up and are so excited...only to find out the refrigerator does not cool. We let it run over 48 hours.

The freezer worked great but not the refrigerator. I called the service dept and they said bring it in. We pull up to the service area on 6/21/2018 and start backing it in only to have a long haired, crackhead looking guy run out and yell at us as if we are doing something wrong. He told us to go park it in the no parking zone across the street.

We pull up there and Shawn comes out. We explain what's going on and he said to leave the camper where it is so they can move it later and check it out. We were offered nothing in writing acknowledging we were leaving it. All we could do was take a picture of the paper he was writing up.

Once they checked it, they said it needed a part ordered through the Forest River warranty and they would order it and have it expedited. We had a vacation scheduled with the camper for the upcoming weekend. We were told that it would take a week or two to get the camper fixed. If we wanted to use our brand new camper we could come pick it up and use it and just take a cooler since the refrigerator is broken.

We live over an hour away and my husband works and can't just keep driving back and forth taking it and picking it up. This is not an option. The camper stays there. They say the part is on the way.

There's almost no communication on their part. I receive a call from Shawn saying it will be ready to pick up on 7/9/2018. I hear nothing. On 7/11/2018 I call him.

He says he has no idea why anyone would have said that because they don't even have the part yet. It's due in on 7/13. He will call me whether it's in or not. Again, no call.

I call him. The part did not come in but is now supposed to be in on 7/17/2018. I call the evening of 7/17 after no call from Shawn only to find out he's not there and the part is not in. Dale will email Shawn and have him call me today.

I get a call saying the Dometic factory was shut down for 2 weeks and that's why the part wasn't ordered. NOT ACCEPTABLE! Shawn has his service Mgr, JT call me to basically the me the same thing and that the part is now ordered and he will call when they have shipping confirmation. This is where we currently stand.

We bought a brand new travel trailer, have not gotten to use it, our vacation time has passed and the 1st payment is due. STEER CLEAR OF CAMPING WORLD AT ALL COSTS! We have been lied to over and over.

The next step is to stand right outside their property on the highway service road with signs warning people to stay away! They need to make this right immediately or buy the camper back plus cover all the time spent back and forth and having to deal with this!

Product or Service Mentioned: Forest River Rv.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 18.

Comments