My Class A RV (2002/3 Damon Intruder) needed several items fixed over the Christmas Holidays (2017).In September (2017) I had called the service manager (Russ) and inquired about dropping of the rig on Friday 12/22/17) and picking it up on the 2nd.

He said I needed to call him about mid-December, and I followed his instructions. I asked him to keep it plugged in since there would be food in the refrigerator. He told me that as a rule they don't keep them plugged in and to empty the food out before bringing the rig to him. I was concerned that the rig would have to have water in it to fix the washer / dryer, but he told me that the weather never gets freezing cold that time of year and not to worry.

Needless to say that 2018 started the year off with a week of sub-32 degree days. The rig was not heated and suffered broken bath fittings, toilet sprayer line, shower head and ice maker failure. The Camping World technicians had cycled the washer / dryer through several wash cycles and left water in all the lines and parked the rig outside until they received the new water heater they said had to be installed to stop water leaking in side the rig. They placed the order for the new water heater, but failed to have it expedited to the store, so picking up the my rig did not occur until mid-day Saturday, 1/6/18.

The installation of the new hot water heater was not tested and in fact the water heater was completely "valved" out and did not have water circulated in it before it was returned to me to drive to Birmingham and park on my rental space. I called the Camping World Service Desk and they said that there was an on site repair guy that would fix was not working. The Camping World service writer (Mark Prater) had given me this man's card when I picked up the rig earlier that day. When I got the water running finally that Saturday afternoon, I had water leaks all over the rig, the hot water heater would not ignite on the gas side, the electrical heating element did not work, the washer / dryer leaked even worse that it had when I took it in, and the large slide-out that Camping World had serviced would not slide out.

It has taken more than a month to get the rig to a place where most of the problems are now fixed. During that time Camping World has refused to pay for the damages to the rig from the freezing temperatures and not paid for the work that the "on site repair" service has done.

Having a conversation with the "on site repair" serviceman I have learned that this is a norm for Camping World of Oxford.So if you really don't mind really shoddy repair and service to you rig, ask for Rus he and his technicians will not fail to show you how incomplete and untested repair and service can be accomplished at a fairly steep price.

Review about: Camping World Rv Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments