3.0

On October 8, 2017 I purchased a 2018 Heartland Pioneer DS310.My sales person was Anthony Tobin.

Anthony was a great sales person and showed us several units within our price range and did not push any purchase on us. We closed on the purchase around 6:30 PM and the staff had already left before we could do our walkthrough of the camper. Anthony advised us that I would need to place them a call on Monday (10/9/17) to schedule a time for the RV to be delivered. On October 9, 2017 I placed several phone calls to Camping world to arrange a date and a time for the unit to be delivered.

Finally we settled on the delivery date being October 13, 2017. On Wednesday (10/11/17) I placed a phone call to see about getting the unit delivered on 10/12/17 because of the weather that was supposed to come in on the 13th. We decided to keep the delivery time and date the same as previously determined. I talked to Mike who was the delivery man for the unit.

I advised Mike that the camper would be sitting on my father's property for a moment and advised him the address. I advised Mike that the driveway to where it would be parked was approximately half a mile or less down a graveled driveway. Mike advised me that normally they only took the camper to where the pavement ends, but that he would take a look at the driveway and *** the possibilities of him delivering the unit to where I wanted it to be parked. On October 13, 2017 I advised my father that Mike might not be able to haul the unit to where I wanted it to be parked.

My father contacted a family friend who had a large tractor that could haul the unit to where i wanted it parked if Mike could not. When Mike arrived I drove him down the driveway to *** the possibility of him hauling it down the driveway. Mike stated that he was confident that he could haul it down the driveway with some help throughout the process. My father and I agreed that we would help him haul it down the driveway.

I was in the front guiding him through narrow portions of the driveway and my father was in the back. Mike did a great job getting it through the toughest and most narrow portion of the driveway. Once we got the camper at my fathers residence down the driveway, Mike parked the truck and got out to *** the next and final stretch of the haul and to where the camper would be parked. Mike stated that he would probably drop the unit off at my fathers and not take it up the final stretch.

Mike and my father, and I looked assessed the driveway and made a few measurements to confirm that the unit could be hauled up. Mike agreed that he would haul it to where it would be parked. Mike was worried about one pole that was near the driveway and we measured the area and talked about it and came to the conclusion that it would not be a problem. My father pointed out a tree that was leaning over the route and stated to Mike that we should remove the tree first.

Mike stated that he didn't think the tree would be a problem and hopped back in his truck to haul it up. While coming through the final area the camper collided with the tree that my father had pointed out. The tree collided with the power/led awning moving the awning about a foot and a half bending the awning. When I heard the sound i halted Mike.

We took a loot at the damages and figured out a remedy to get the tree away and off of the camper. We cut the tree down using a chainsaw and freed up the collision. Mike finished the haul with ease after that point and parked the unit where I wanted it to be parked. I asked Mike who i would need to call at Camping world to have the awning fixed.

Mike advised me that i would just need to contact my insurance company. I asked Mike why Camping World would not take care of this issue since it occurred during the delivery of my unit with Camping World's truck hauling it. Mike stated that he was not supposed to deliver the unit past the pavement ending. Avoiding any type of confrontation I just advised Mike that we would figure something out and Mike left.

After Mike left I placed a phone call to Camper World to address this issue. The lady i talked to advised that she did not know if Tracey was available, but that she would try to hunt her down to give me a call, and if not she would leave the message. I did not receive a phone call from Tracey that day. I placed a phone call on 10/14/17 and asked to speak with Tracey.

Tracey advised me to write this email explaining what had occurred the day this happened. Tracey advised that she and her GM will read this message and see what they need to do to get this issue fixed. I advised Tracey on the phone that i do not understand how i should have to come out of my pocket to fix the awning. The unit was attached to Mikes Camping world truck when the damage occurred.

Mike was not forced or coerced into hauling the unit where he did, he did so freely. Mike was confident that he could do the job, so we let him. Mike also knew that we had a tractor on stand by to haul in the unit if we needed to. After over literally 100's of phone calls (non of which was to any supervisor - because they would not return my phone call) an employee at this location advised me that Tracey had told them to tell me that there was nothing that they could do to fix my unit.

I attempted to reach out to their corporate office, and couldn't get any help there either. IF YOU PLAN ON BUYING A RV GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

GO TO A COMPANY WHO PUTS YOU FIRST AND WORKS FOR YOU.THE ONLY THING THESE PEOPLE WANT IS YOUR MONEY.

Review about: Camping World Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Salesman.

I didn't like: Managment, Delivery, Service department, General management.

Comments