Update by user Sep 04, 2011

Well I must say reputation and referrals are everything.Not only did we find a reputable repair facility we also had our claim reopened because Camping World did not do a thorough investigation or give a real explanation of damages.

As it turns out our camper is \"Well Maintained\" and the damages are covered by the insurance carrier. Really? Evedn our Insurance company(After the fact) told us the Camping World has a horrible reutation. Why they didn\'t tell us that in the beginning is beyond me.

Needless to say, We are now shopping for a new 5th wheel and I can only tell you where we WON\'T buy it.Looking forward to next season and definitely learned a lesson in service 101.

Original review posted by user Jul 28, 2011

Much to my dismay, it looks like I am not the only dissatisfied customer of Camping World.

Though we originally purchased through Camping World, Which was Sunbird Rv at the time, there was no loyalty on their part. There are many other consumers that have had the same experience, problems not clearly identified.

Poor decision on our part to take it in to Camping World without doing a consumer check first, but we were so distraught at our initial finding we wanted to get it taken care of as soon as possible. Who knew that such a large Name chain would offer such poor service and results. We were told the gasket around the air conditioner on the roof should be replaced, they could repair that for $500, My husband asked if that's where it was leaking, the answer...we don't know. Really? This is the "RV Expert Center"? I think not. My insurance carrier is under the impression that the damage done to our trailer is from neglect and will not cover our losses, yet camping world service tech's are telling us they can't be sure where the issue originated, how bad it is, or if it was a manufacturer defect. Yet, I should be responsible for repairs!

Outraged by their lack of professionalism. Will be extremely happy to share the information with the very large circle of campers we know, all local and many were customers of Camping World. Our other realization is be very careful who you choose to insure your RV. American Modern Insurance Group is not even considering a claim for us and closed it based on a handful of pictures sent in by the technician at Camping World. I find it outrageous that they don't even have a qualified individual to send out to assess the damages themselves in order to make an accurate determination.

Review about: Camping World Repair.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

When was the last time you resealed or paid someone to reseal the roof?Most people never do it and then get upset when it is not covered by their insurance company??

Its not camping worlds fault that YOUR insurance did not cover the claim.Your insurance company can inspect the trailer and come to their own conclusion.

STOP GOING TO CAMPING WORLD

SURELY WE HAVE CHOICES

WHAT A RIP OFF COMPANY THEY HAVE BECOME

COME ON FOLKS LETS BAN TOGETHER AND GO ELSEWHERE

to MARTY Denver, Colorado, United States #684267

You have to stick together. We campers have a lot in common: the great outdoors and a zest for friendship and shared interests while on the road! Camping World does suck and I pray people will listen.